How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 10:59 am
@izzythepush,
Well they probably had some misguided spiritual idea of the principles of what Jesus did but they didn’t defeat the devil like Jesus did.You see the world sees defeat at the cross.The cross is no defeat for God...it’s defeat for the devil.Satan knows that he only had to get Jesus to sin once and the sacrifice wouldn’t have been accepted by God the Father but he couldn’t achieve it.Jesus offered a perfect sinless sacrifice.He did all of that for you.Amazing.God can do whatever he wants, however he wants; whenever he wants.
Frank Apisa

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 11:05 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Well they probably had some misguided spiritual idea of the principles of what Jesus did but they didn’t defeat the devil like Jesus did.You see the world sees defeat at the cross.The cross is no defeat for God...it’s defeat for the devil.Satan knows that he only had to get Jesus to sin once and the sacrifice wouldn’t have been accepted by God the Father but he couldn’t achieve it.Jesus offered a perfect sinless sacrifice.He did all of that for you.Amazing.God can do whatever he wants, however he wants; whenever he wants.

Interesting...and intricate...blind guessing.

Do you have fun doing that?
Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 11:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
You’re guessing again Frank...
izzythepush

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 11:07 am
@Jasper10,
You said that off the top of your head.

You don’t know what their mythologies are just the Christian one.

It’s hardly a considered response.

A more likely explanation is that the Gospellers knew of Marduk and Osiris and included it.

We know Luke lied about the census of Quirinius to fit in with earlier prophecies so they have form.
Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 11:08 am
@izzythepush,
I didn’t say it off the top of my head at all.
izzythepush

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 11:16 am
@Jasper10,
Yes you did, otherwise you wouldn’t have used the word probably.

You didn’t have enough time.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 11:33 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

You’re guessing again Frank...

No, I am not guessing.

But you are.

Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 12:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Let’s not get into a pantomime sketch Frank...Anyway,you never answered my question of which one would you go for....I think therefore I am or I am therefore I think.The I am is not reasonings and thoughts.The I am is separate from both contrary reasonings of is there a God...isn’t there a God.i.e.Beyond nihilism.God is everything and you are totally embroiled within him
including your mind and reasonings whether you accept this or not.Secular scientists are slowly being sucked into this realisation as they try to understand consciousness states.
Frank Apisa

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 12:12 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Let’s not get into a pantomime sketch Frank...Anyway,you never answered my question of which one would you go for....I think therefore I am or I am therefore I think.The I am is not reasonings and thoughts.The I am is separate from both contrary reasonings of is there a God...isn’t there a God.i.e.Beyond nihilism.God is everything and you are totally embroiled within him
including your mind and reasonings whether you accept this or not.Secular scientists are slowly being sucked into this realisation as they try to understand consciousness states.

You keep proposing questions which I answer.

I have asked you four questions which YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED.

C'mon. Grow a spine and answer them.

At least one of them is so easy. All you have to say is..."I don't know."

But that seems to be something you want to avoid.

Tsk, tsk!
Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 12:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank if you had the eyes to see you would realise that I have answered all of your questions.
Frank Apisa

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 12:59 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank if you had the eyes to see you would realise that I have answered all of your questions.

If you had the ethical wherewithal of a snail...you would acknowledge that you have not.

But you don't.

Please continue to peddle that Kmart philosophy of yours. There may be people willing to buy it.
Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 01:01 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Ok Frank...
Frank Apisa

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 01:18 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Ok Frank...

What part is bothering you more...

...the fact that I am laughing at you for pretending you have answered my question...

...or the fact that I have called your philosophical babble...philosophical babble?
Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 01:38 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank it’s not philosophical babble.Why would I want to waste my time on such things..I’m not remotely bothered...why do you think that? I’ve tried to explain that you need to cancel out these internal EGO reasonings in your mind so that you come into an understanding of the “I am” and the STILL mind.which is beyond Nihilism.I have views on consciousness states which might intrigue you (or not).This is not a battle Frank.
Frank Apisa

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 01:51 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank it’s not philosophical babble.Why would I want to waste my time on such things..I’m not remotely bothered...why do you think that? I’ve tried to explain that you need to cancel out these internal EGO reasonings in your mind so that you come into an understanding of the “I am” and the STILL mind.which is beyond Nihilism.I have views on consciousness states which might intrigue you (or not).This is not a battle Frank.

No it is not a battle, Jasper. If it were, it would be a battle of wits...and you would be without ammunition.

What is happening here is: You are attempting to peddle philosophical babble...amateurish, pseudo-subcontinent BABBLE...and not doing an especially good job of it.

I am willing to discuss this stuff reasonably and courteously, but you just ignore any attempts for that sort of treatment. So I am trying something different.

As for your "view on consciousness states"...if you presented it as a view...or guess...or supposition...

...rather than as a REVELATION OF GREAT TRUTH, which you do so often, we might be able to have a reasonable discussion.

But that seems beyond you...which is the reason you have avoided my initial question of, "How do you KNOW that?"...when you proclaimed from on-high that:

If you search within.i.e INWARD meditation then there is a right and a left.

AND

The right and the left are perfect mirror images in EVERY aspect.

AND

They totally cancel each other out when it comes to reasonings.PERIOD.

When are you going to answer that question...especially considering that I have given you a huge hint about the answer. Here it is again:

HINT: YOU DO NOT KNOW IT.

You're up.

Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 02:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank ...but you do know it if you EXPERIENCE it.Consciousness states is how I can prove it.Try bringing yourself in to the moment and stay there.You will be able to do it but you won’t be able to stay there.You will drift back into a subconscious state.Its easy to underestimate what this means.
Frank Apisa

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 02:17 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank ...but you do know it if you EXPERIENCE it.Consciousness states is how I can prove it.Try bringing yourself in to the moment and stay there.You will be able to do it but you won’t be able to stay there.You will drift back into a subconscious state.Its easy to underestimate what this means.

Get off it, Jasper.

You cannot prove any of the nonsense you are peddling. If you could, you already would have done so.

No problemo. If you want to suppose that you can do what the greatest minds that have ever lived on the planet have been unable to do...

...go for it.

If you are going to try to sell that on the Internet...you are going to be sorely disappointed.
Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 02:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Ok Frank..I am clearly wasting my time..Many people already know about this stuff to varying degrees but clearly not you.I feel sorry for you Frank but I will pray for you.Spiritual blindness is a terrible thing.
InfraBlue

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 03:45 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

At the very least, Pascal's wager should prompt a person to investigate the claims of Christianity.

Pascal's wager is precisely a reason some people reject the god of Christianity.

NealNealNeal wrote:

There is evidence behind these claims.

What's the evidence? Your testimony?

NealNealNeal wrote:

Sorry guys, but God is not going to judge a person based on "if he believes there is either no god or at least one god".

You're begging the question.
NealNealNeal

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 04:40 pm
@izzythepush,
God promised that (1) the Jews would always exist (2) Christ's Church will always exist. This has happened despite attempts to destroy both.
0 Replies