How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Leadfoot

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 10:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ah come on Frank, Jasper has freely and fully admitted that his guess is based on either hope or Pascal's wager.
Both are pretty weak soup, but give a prisoner what he wants for his last meal.
NealNealNeal

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 11:32 am
@Leadfoot,
There is a Huge problem with Frank's arguments. On Judgement Day Frank will not be dealing with Jasper and me. He will be talking with Holy God.
Ragman

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 06:44 pm
@NealNealNeal,
...or not!
NealNealNeal

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 08:41 pm
@Ragman,
My testimony is that Frank will definitely be answering to a Holy God based partly by my personal relationship with God.
At the very least, Pascal's wager should prompt a person to investigate the claims of Christianity. There is evidence behind these claims.
Sorry guys, but God is not going to judge a person based on "if he believes there is either no god or at least one god". 😉
Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 02:28 am
@NealNealNeal,
Luke 17:21 says the secrets towards the kingdom of God are within you.

There are 2 off reasoning builders within.

The 2 off builders within want PROOF whether their enquirings APPEAR to be honourable or not.

Hebrews 11:6 says it is impossible to please God without FAITH.

Amazing teachings!!!!
Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 03:47 am
@Jasper10,
There is such a thing as OUTWARD meditation which builds SELF up. INWARD meditation dismantles SELF. The issue with only practicing INWARD SEARCHING meditation (as an example rather than both) is that the two off reasonings of ….is there a God?.... isn't there a GOD? are BOTH looking for PROOF one way or the other.As NO PROOF will be given to either they just cancel each other out. Neither reasoning is practicing FAITH which God requires. BOTH sides of the reasoning debate can only HOPE that there is or isn't a GOD.SELF processes the information but is not the information.If SELF identifies with these reasonings i.e. fully engages with them then there is the danger that SELF is deceived into thinking that he/she is these 2 off reasonings. This is why the Buddhist religion has a common denominator in all its religious sects that SELF is an illusion because of the cancelling out effect (which is a load of nonsense).
Frank Apisa

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 05:26 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

My testimony is that Frank will definitely be answering to a Holy God based partly by my personal relationship with God.

You have a personal relationship with Zeus?

Quote:
At the very least, Pascal's wager should prompt a person to investigate the claims of Christianity. There is evidence behind these claims.

Pascal's Wager is one of the most embarrassingly stupid philosophical tropes ever proposed. It supposes a god so stupid it would accept feigned love as real.

Get real, Neal.

Quote:

Sorry guys, but God is not going to judge a person based on "if he believes there is either no god or at least one god". 😉

If there are any gods that do the kind of "judging" you suggest...that god is not worth worship.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 05:31 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Luke 17:21 says the secrets towards the kingdom of God are within you.

There are 2 off reasoning builders within.

The 2 off builders within want PROOF whether their enquirings APPEAR to be honourable or not.

Hebrews 11:6 says it is impossible to please God without FAITH.

Amazing teachings!!!!

Yup.

The lesson is: It is impossible to please your god without insisting your blind guesses are correct.

You people imagine a corrupt, petty, vengeful, barbaric, laughingly narcissistic god...and then pretend to love it. The god you imagine is not worth liking...let alone loving. Worshiping it is like worshiping cow chips.

There may be gods...but to suppose they are like the god of the Bible is an insult to any gods that do exist.

Frank Apisa

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 05:33 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

There is such a thing as OUTWARD meditation which builds SELF up. INWARD meditation dismantles SELF. The issue with only practicing INWARD SEARCHING meditation (as an example rather than both) is that the two off reasonings of ….is there a God?.... isn't there a GOD? are BOTH looking for PROOF one way or the other.As NO PROOF will be given to either they just cancel each other out. Neither reasoning is practicing FAITH which God requires. BOTH sides of the reasoning debate can only HOPE that there is or isn't a GOD.SELF processes the information but is not the information.If SELF identifies with these reasonings i.e. fully engages with them then there is the danger that SELF is deceived into thinking that he/she is these 2 off reasonings. This is why the Buddhist religion has a common denominator in all its religious sects that SELF is an illusion because of the cancelling out effect (which is a load of nonsense).

Do you ever tire of all that amateurish pretend philosophy?

Thinking that nonsense to be worthwhile is like supposing White Castle hamburgers are haute cuisine.
Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 06:09 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank...don't respond then "Faith" is what you need Frank "Faith" how many times are you going to have to be told on that one before you get it. The wisdom of Frank needs to go I'm afraid.
Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 06:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
Are you talking about the same God who loves that much that he died on the cross for your sins? Be careful what you say Frank...your foolishness is starting to take you over....
izzythepush

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:15 am
@Jasper10,
The sacrificed god, there’s a lot of those too, Marduk, Odin and Osiris all did the same as Jesus and they all did it before him.
Frank Apisa

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:28 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank...don't respond then "Faith" is what you need Frank "Faith" how many times are you going to have to be told on that one before you get it. The wisdom of Frank needs to go I'm afraid.

You spout platitudes, Jasper...and not especially inspired ones.

So...you have "faith" in Zeus...and therefore Zeus exists.

The quality of religious apologists here in A2K has gone seriously down-hill over the years. There used to be some who actually put some thought into their arguments. Ican, as much as I disagreed with him, did!

Jasper and Neal don't.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:29 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Are you talking about the same God who loves that much that he died on the cross for your sins? Be careful what you say Frank...your foolishness is starting to take you over....

Actually, I am talking about the god that Jesus worshiped.

Aren't you????

And if "NO"...why not?
Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 08:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
Jesus was God....one with the Father and the Holy Spirit all in perfect agreement.We mustn’t lean on our own understandings but on every word of God.God is described in the bible as “I Am”.We are not our thoughts and reasonings.We just have thoughts and reasonings.

Which one are you going for Frank....”I think, therefore I am “ OR “I am, therefore I think”
Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 08:23 am
@izzythepush,
Hi izzythepush, we haven't sparred for a while...I'll come back to you...I need to read up a bit more on these dead idols you refer to. I'm not that interested in them you see....as you can imagine...
Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 08:25 am
@Jasper10,
Correction. Jesus is God...one with the Father...
0 Replies

Jasper10

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 09:39 am
@Jasper10,
Hi Izzythepush...Read a bit up on these dead idols including Zeus but know where can I find that they died for my sins personally and were resurrected in this life?
izzythepush

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 09:50 am
@Jasper10,
I don’t know of anywhere off hand where you’d find that exact phrasing for any of them.

We’re talking about different mythologies, all of which predate Christianity by some time.

The point remains, the concept of a sacrificed god is nothing new, Jesus was the latest in a long line.
Frank Apisa

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 10:55 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Jesus was God....one with the Father and the Holy Spirit all in perfect agreement.We mustn’t lean on our own understandings but on every word of God.God is described in the bible as “I Am”.We are not our thoughts and reasonings.We just have thoughts and reasonings.

Which one are you going for Frank....”I think, therefore I am “ OR “I am, therefore I think”

I was talking about the god that Jesus worshiped.

Aren't you?

If not...why not?

As for your "philosophy"...ummm...it is amateurish babble.

Whenever you come up against a question you cannot answer...you avoid it.

You still have not answered my questions of earlier...the ones I have asked you about a dozen times.

And I doubt you will answer the questions I asked you about the god Jesus worshiped.
0 Replies