How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 11:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
Either there is or isn’t a God...It’s simple Frank...which bit don’t you understand about that.Guess then..even if you don’t know the answer.... the question is valid.
Frank Apisa

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 11:16 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Either there is or isn’t a God...It’s simple Frank...which bit don’t you understand about that.Guess then..even if you don’t know the answer.... the question is valid.

Okay...if you insist.

I promise I will do this truthfully and above board, Jasper.

The coin I will use is named Mr. Coin, although it is a Sacagawea dollar coin and probably should be called Ms. Coin. My wife and I use it to determine which team we will pick in our football pool when we disagree about the choice.

HEADS, I will guess there is at least one god...TAILS, I will guess there are no gods.

Flip...and...

...came up HEADS.

So...I guess there is at least one god.

Now that you know that...please answer my questions.

Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 11:39 am
@Frank Apisa,
So you have guessed that there is a God.There either is or isn’t so we are agreed on that one then,thankfully.As neither of us can PROVE that there is or isn’t a God then we are both in the same situation because you need to PROVE to me as well that there isn’t a God.Therefore stale mate because there is no point in either of us trying.

If there isn’t a God and if it is possible following death to shake hands on that one then fair enough however if there is and we have opportunity to put our case before God then what will you say to him...I’m genuinely interested.This is not a trick question.
Frank Apisa

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 11:44 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

So you have guessed that there is a God.There either is or isn’t so we are agreed on that one then,thankfully.As neither of us can PROVE that there is or isn’t a God then we are both in the same situation because you need to PROVE to me as well that there isn’t a God.Therefore stale mate because there is no point in either of us trying.

If there isn’t a God and if it is possible following death to shake hands on that one then fair enough however if there is and we have opportunity to put our case before God then what will you say to him...I’m genuinely interested.This is not a trick question.

Ummm...how much more horseshit are you going to throw around attempting to avoid answering my questions...before answering them?

Answer them. Then ask me some questions.
InfraBlue

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 12:02 pm
@Jasper10,
So then why do you say "you need to"?
Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 12:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
What “horse ****”are you referring to Frank.It was a perfectly simple question that I asked that certainly didn’t warrant the response you gave.You are a closeted Nihilist Frank.... come on admit it.
Frank Apisa

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 12:28 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

What “horse ****”are you referring to Frank.It was a perfectly simple question that I asked that certainly didn’t warrant the response you gave.You are a closeted Nihilist Frank.... come on admit it.

Answer the questions...unless you realize you are out in la la land.

And if you are in la la land...have the spine to acknowledge that you are.
Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 12:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank I’m am tying to understand your reasonings.I am not in La La land Frank...You are utterly blind to spiritual things and can’t even answer a very simple question even though you have guessed that there could be a God.
Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 01:14 pm
@InfraBlue,
The reason I say that “you need to” is because neither side of the argument can PROVE that there is or isn’t a God.Both sides can only HOPE that there is or isn’t a God.Therefore one can only exercise FAITH in what you BELIEVE to be true or not true.Some people think they are clever and try to hide in the Nihilistic closet wanting PROOF.You can’t hide from God.Believing that there is a God won’t help you either.Even the devil and his demons believe in God.Why would you think they don’t?
Frank Apisa

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 01:46 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank I’m am tying to understand your reasonings.I am not in La La land Frank...You are utterly blind to spiritual things and can’t even answer a very simple question even though you have guessed that there could be a God.

Okay, when an apology is due, I am man enough to own up to it. I apologize, Jasper, I honestly did not think you were as much an asshole as you obviously are...so I probably worded some of my comments in an inappropriate way.

The apology is sincere…and I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me for the mistake. I tend to think the best of people until they go out of their way to show me they are not worth the trouble. And I thank you for finally doing that.

Twice you have said that your question is “a simple one” when in fact it is a tremendously complex one…

…and you have not been able to answer my question which truly is a VERY SIMPLE one. I am merely asking how you KNOW what you typed. I can even answer it myself for you.

YOU DO NOT KNOW IT. You are simply shooting off your mouth.

Why don’t you try the other two? They are both simple also.

As for your question, I will have to put Mr. Coin to work a bit more in order to answer it, because you obviously are not only guessing there is a god…but that the god is the kind of god who would demand humans “to put their case before him.”

So I have to determine if I am going to guess there is a god that wants to be involved with what you might call “morals”…whether the god is the disgusting, petty, vindictive asshole described in the Bible; and whether the god is a him.

Soon as you answer my questions, I’ll get back to you on all that. Mr. Coin is going to be busy.
Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 01:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Ok Frank...it’s always interesting sparring with you.I still don’t get your logic though it doesn’t stack up.
Frank Apisa

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 02:08 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Ok Frank...it’s always interesting sparring with you.I still don’t get your logic though it doesn’t stack up.

Answer my questions.

Then ask me a question or two...and maybe it will stack up.
InfraBlue

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 02:20 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

You can’t hide from God.Believing that there is a God won’t help you either.Even the devil and his demons believe in God.Why would you think they don’t?

You're making assertions based on question begging, again.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 02:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I’ve moved on Nihilism Frank.Your views are boring and nothing new.You can dress it up as much as you want but that is all you go on about.You just don’t get the Faith factor that follows on from Nihilism Frank.Im not just talking about Faith in God I am talking about Faith in there not being a God.You don’t believe in God because you need proof even though you have been told time and time again that no proof will be given one way or the other.
Frank Apisa

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 02:28 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

I’ve moved on Nihilism Frank.Your views are boring and nothing new.You can dress it up as much as you want but that is all you go on about.You just don’t get the Faith factor that follows on from Nihilism Frank.Im not just talking about Faith in God I am talking about Faith in there not being a God.You don’t believe in God because you need proof even though you have been told time and time again that no proof will be given one way or the other.

Answer my questions, Jasper. Stop speculating on my philosophy. You are terrible at it.
Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 02:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Ok Frank if we have to listen to your pointless logic then go on remind us again.
Frank Apisa

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 02:37 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Ok Frank if we have to listen to your pointless logic then go on remind us again.

Answer my questions, Jasper.

Are you afraid to do so?
Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 03:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
How will answering your questions one way or the other give you the proof you are looking for Frank? No proof will be given Frank.All I can do is HOPE there is a God.All an unbeliever can do is HOPE there isn’t.The true believer knows he/she has to be perfect to enter Gods presence.He/She also knows that they are not perfect and need their sins to be paid for fully.Jesus does this for them if they truly believe in him.The unbeliever who is exercising his/her faith that their isn’t a God doesn’t see the need of a Saviour.They don’t see the need for Jesus to pay for their sins.Whether you believe this or not Frank is irrelevant for you because you can’t get past Nihilistic reasonings.
NealNealNeal

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 04:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
A person who does not believe that an airplane can fly either is ignorant of certain physical facts or refuses to acknowledge these facts. The unbeliever in God does a similar thing.
In one case the consequence is that he limits his speed of travel.
The consequences of the second case is disastrous.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 04:56 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

How will answering your questions one way or the other give you the proof you are looking for Frank?

Jesus H. Christ...are you THICK!

I am not looking for proof. I have written a couple of dozen times in this forum that asking for proof that a god exists...or that no gods exist...is unethical.

THERE IS NO ******* PROOF.

Get that?

So stop saying that I am asking for proof.

Answer my questions...to show you have the ethical wherewithal to answer a question truthfully.

HINT: The truthful answer is that you DO NOT KNOW.

Quote:

No proof will be given Frank.All I can do is HOPE there is a God.All an unbeliever can do is HOPE there isn’t.The true believer knows he/she has to be perfect to enter Gods presence.He/She also knows that they are not perfect and need their sins to be paid for fully.Jesus does this for them if they truly believe in him.The unbeliever who is exercising his/her faith that their isn’t a God doesn’t see the need of a Saviour.They don’t see the need for Jesus to pay for their sins.Whether you believe this or not Frank is irrelevant for you because you can’t get past Nihilistic reasonings.

You do not know what you are talking about, Jasper. You do not want to deal with what I actually write...because you know you will be buried. So you make stuff up and battle against your own straw men.

Grow a pair.