How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

cicerone imposter

Wed 9 Sep, 2020 08:26 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
God can do whatever he wants whenever he wants and however he wants.
All fictional characters have superpowers like superman. The christian god appeared only two thousand years ago, while humans evolved and been around for over 200,000 years. Your god's appearance is too late in history, because he's the outgrowth from Egyptian and Greek mythologies, born of a virgin. https://answersingenesis.org/world-religions/greek-mythology-and-gospel-of-jesus-christ/ Human evolution, based on science. https://www.britannica.com/science/human-evolution Also, Humans are one type of several living species of great apes. Humans evolved alongside orangutans, chimpanzees, bonobos, and gorillas. All of these share a common ancestor before about 7 million years ago.

human evolution | Stages & Timeline | Britannica
Jasper10

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 02:06 am
@cicerone imposter,
If you HOPE (when your PHYSICAL body dies) that what you have written will be enough to prevent you from standing before the judgement throne of God on your own well.... I suggest you get yourself a Good Lawyer. I know of one who has a 100% record of defending people (Jesus Christ).You still don't get it. It's all tied into your mind and your biological reasonings. All you have come up with is an Atheist reasonings. Forget PROOF...Things move on from PROOF after Nihilism. That's old hat.
farmerman

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 03:05 am
@Jasper10,
So you believe in Leprechauns, and fairies and the Easter Bunny too?

When we've fully evolved as a species, We will cast off these silly beliefs that had us create gods and demons. We are the source of all the hate and love,we don't see any evidence of the Supernatural.

Jasper10

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 06:02 am
@farmerman,
…..So you believe in Leprechauns, and fairies and the Easter Bunny too?....

No I don't actually.

I HOPE in God and what he says. You HOPE in whatever you HOPE in. That is all we both have.....HOPE. You can't PROVE that there isn't a God in a carnal sense just as I can't PROVE there is.

In your mind you might be right however you might be wrong and therefore you are gambling as to what will happen after that.

I don't like the odds myself. Who's the idiot if I'm right?

This is TRUTH.
Leadfoot

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 03:17 pm
@Jasper10,
Thank you for standard sermon #376.
It was truly inspiring.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Fri 11 Sep, 2020 08:14 am
@farmerman,
Because of your ignorance of spiritual facts you insist on saying the spiritual world doesn't exist. However, God has revealed that it does indeed exist.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 07:29 am
@Jasper10,
If you search within.i.e INWARD meditation then there is a right and a left.The right and the left are perfect mirror images in EVERY aspect.They totally cancel each other out when it comes to reasonings.PERIOD.In other words neither side will be able to PROVE that there is or isn’t a God.The FACT that both reasonings are searching for answers one way or the other is PROOF that neither is exercising true FAITH.Neither side is accepting what God says in his word.They are the ILLUSIONS.These reasonings will try to convince YOU that YOU are the ILLUSION and not them.
Frank Apisa

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 07:53 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

If you search within.i.e INWARD meditation then there is a right and a left.

How do you KNOW that?

Quote:
The right and the left are perfect mirror images in EVERY aspect.

How do you KNOW that?

Quote:
They totally cancel each other out when it comes to reasonings.PERIOD.I

What are you raving on about?

Quote:
n other words neither side will be able to PROVE that there is or isn’t a God.

Of course one cannot PROVE that there are any gods...or that there are none.

Quote:
The FACT that both reasonings are searching for answers one way or the other is PROOF that neither is exercising true FAITH.

What does that mean?

One can guess that there is at least one god...or one can guess that there are no gods.

Big deal.

Quote:
Neither side is accepting what God says in his word.

What god?

Quote:

They are the ILLUSIONS.These reasonings will try to convince YOU that YOU are the ILLUSION and not them.

Does that sound profound to you?

It sounds nuts to me.
Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 08:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
LOL
Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 08:14 am
@Jasper10,
Sorry, apologies Frank, shouldn't laugh.Are you STILL looking for proof in a carnal sense??? I've told you before.....move on...
InfraBlue

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 08:25 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:
Neither side is accepting what God says in his word.

You're begging the question.

So, in regard to your beliefs, is it that you believe in God to be on the safe side, or you believe regardless of this wager?
Frank Apisa

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 08:26 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Sorry, apologies Frank, shouldn't laugh.Are you STILL looking for proof in a carnal sense??? I've told you before.....move on...

I am not looking for any proof.

There is no proof that no gods exist.

There is no proof that at least one god exists.

What I am looking for...and which apparently you cannot give me...are answers to the questions I asked you.

You should be able to answer them.

Take another look...and give it a shot.
Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 08:55 am
@InfraBlue,
Hi InfraBlue….when it comes to wagers.... any wise person would cover their bet wouldn't they, if they had the chance...why wouldn't they? If they get it wrong then they might lose everything. Only a FOOL says there is no God... when they are not sure whether there is or isn't. I've got nothing to lose...If I'm wrong then I am no better off. If I'm right well....but then what about you? and just because you weren't given any carnal proof. I'm not taking any chances whatsoever. I can't afford to lose this one for any reasonings. As I have said before … who's the idiot if I'm right.All your wrongs have got to be paid for and you cant afford the price that needs to be paid I'm afraid. Only God can pay that debt for you. Pray to God that he gives you the spiritual eyes to see it. God looks at your spiritual heart to see its true condition not your physical heart.
Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 09:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
You need to step out in FAITH Frank. If you are not prepared to take that first step then I am wasting my time trying to convince you of spiritual things.
InfraBlue

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 09:13 am
@Jasper10,
So then, you don't believe regardless of this wager. You believe because of this wager. You're covering your bet.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 09:29 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

You need to step out in FAITH Frank. If you are not prepared to take that first step then I am wasting my time trying to convince you of spiritual things.

Ahhh...still avoiding the questions.

Okay...I figured you would.
Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 10:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, I am not avoiding the question at all. You need to provide a starting point.

Do you believe in God or don't you?

It's BLACK and WHITE. There is no GREY. All your REASONINGS are GREY...
Frank Apisa

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 10:52 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank, I am not avoiding the question at all.

You ARE avoiding my questions.

Quote:
You need to provide a starting point.

Okay...start with my first question. That is as good a starting point as any.

Quote:
Do you believe in God or don't you?

If you are asking if I guess at least one god exists...then my answer would be, "No I do not guess that at least one god exists."

I might add that I also do not guess that no gods exist.

I have no idea if any gods exist or not...and I have no desire to guess on the issue. If you are determined that I make a guess on the matter, just ask, and I will force myself to make a guess.

In any case, I have no idea of what my guess would have to do with any of the questions I asked...and which you are avoiding.

Quote:
It's BLACK and WHITE. There is no GREY. All your REASONINGS are GREY...

What are you talking about? What "reasoning" of mine do you see as grey?

Do you just type things because they seem profound to you?

InfraBlue

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 10:55 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:
You need to step out in FAITH

Why? Because of your wager? The wager isn't enough to have faith in absurdities.
Jasper10

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 11:03 am
@InfraBlue,
Don’t wager then...if you don’t want to...Nobody is forcing you to do anything...Your choice..It interesting that you have DEFINITELY chosen one way and not the other though....You could have chosen the other....