How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

jerlands

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 12:24 am
@brianjakub,
I also think of real differently than reality... where real is just a piece of the pie.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 12:45 am
@jerlands,
[quote
I think truth as part of reality where reality is the big picture.
Reality is seeing all things as they are and that I think requires a lot][/quote]Our imagination is nearly limitless. We can process a part of the data, establish the patterns, and extrapolate most of reality. It will never be complete, but we should be able to get close enough to observe the truth that the physical universe appears to be revealing to us.
jerlands

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 01:34 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:

I think truth as part of reality where reality is the big picture.
Reality is seeing all things as they are and that I think requires a lot
Our imagination is nearly limitless. We can process a part of the data, establish the patterns, and extrapolate most of reality. It will never be complete, but we should be able to get close enough to observe the truth that the physical universe appears to be revealing to us.

Yes, I think it was Lao Tzu that said something to the effect "you needn't go beyond your backyard to discover the universe."
brianjakub

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 04:18 am
@jerlands,
Saint John Paul the Great in "Theology of the Body" showed how the human body revealed God and His nature.

Its like a hologram, the information for the whole hologram is in every parcel of the hologram. Maybe this is true because our body is interacting with all other particles in the universe at all times through the Higgs Field.
brianjakub

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 08:36 am
@brianjakub,
No, I think it's because we were designed to think like God.
0 Replies

jerlands

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 12:25 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Saint John Paul the Great in "Theology of the Body" showed how the human body revealed God and His nature.

Its like a hologram, the information for the whole hologram is in every parcel of the hologram. Maybe this is true because our body is interacting with all other particles in the universe at all times through the Higgs Field.

I think all this begs the question.. what is the effect of being removed from reality? I think of these cartoons we've been exposed to and the images that are burned into our minds. I wonder.. who on earth would do something like that? I mean.. people enjoy it but they enjoy an abundance of sugar also and sugar might be one of the most harmful toxins we expose ourselves to. I think the one thing we leave out of our everyday formula is the possible existence of that which really opposes the objective "God" has for man.
brianjakub

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 02:50 pm
@jerlands,
Maybe that is the topic for a new thread. Is there such a thing as evil, and is Satan its source?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 03:38 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
people enjoy it but they enjoy an abundance of sugar also and sugar might be one of the most harmful toxins we expose ourselves to.

I take it you would not go along with the scripture that goes:

"It is not what goes into a man that corrupts him, but what comes out."
jerlands

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 05:04 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
people enjoy it but they enjoy an abundance of sugar also and sugar might be one of the most harmful toxins we expose ourselves to.

This reminds me of Harry Potter.. not to mention the name.. shhh... or you'll call the evil spirit.
0 Replies

jerlands

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 05:06 pm
@Leadfoot,
It's an exercise.. how to remove the constraints of the lie.
0 Replies

jerlands

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 05:32 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:

Yeh, the holocaust... let's go down that rabbit hole... it's still upside down... Hitler had Jewish blood (apparently so) what do we know.. so let's speculate.. is it possible the majority were actually captives? I know the enemy sacrifices its own to gain sympathy and support... I really think we need to take a critical look.
brianjakub

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 07:12 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
Yeh, the holocaust... let's go down that rabbit hole... it's still upside down... Hitler had Jewish blood (apparently so) what do we know.. so let's speculate.. is it possible the majority were actually captives? I know the enemy sacrifices its own to gain sympathy and support... I really think we need to take a critical look.
Well we have a lot of mass graves, a lot of eye witnesses both Jewish and Christian including allied soldiers and German civilians. And the equipment to perform mass extermination that looks like it was well used. Maybe the Nazis killed the people in the camps that were mostly but not exclusively Jewish because Hitler ordered it, or maybe it was more of a mob mentality. I don't think the Jewish people murdered there own to gain sympathy. Is there any evidence suggesting that?
jerlands

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 07:55 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
Well we have a lot of mass graves, a lot of eye witnesses both Jewish and Christian including allied soldiers and German civilians. And the equipment to perform mass extermination that looks like it was well used. Maybe the Nazis killed the people in the camps that were mostly but not exclusively Jewish because Hitler ordered it, or maybe it was more of a mob mentality. I don't think the Jewish people murdered there own to gain sympathy. Is there any evidence suggesting that?

It's a much larger story.. kinda the war of wars. Still in the making...
brianjakub

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 07:58 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:

It's a much larger story.. kinda the war of wars. Still in the making..
Tell me what you know, or where to look. I like the story.
jerlands

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 08:10 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:

It's a much larger story.. kinda the war of wars. Still in the making..
Tell me what you know, or where to look. I like the story.

The story is in pieces, and only when it manifests will it be known. You should have some gist of the context though.
brianjakub

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 08:22 pm
@jerlands,
Tell me what YOU know.
jerlands

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 08:30 pm
@brianjakub,
I know the story of seth and horus. This however isn't for me what I'm referring to. Something happened, something that parallels our story of casting satan from heaven.
0 Replies

jerlands

Sun 31 Dec, 2017 08:41 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Tell me what YOU know.

I also know that we live in a very sick world where 50% of our population has one form or another of a chronic degenerative disease. So.. something's wrong.
fresco

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 10:37 am
@jerlands,
1. Where do you get your 50% figure from ?
2. Assuming you are correct, does this show that all religion is wrong ?
3. Nazism had all the social trappings of a 'religion'. Do you agree that the holocaust supports the argument for the wrongfulness of religion?
Leadfoot

Mon 1 Jan, 2018 12:46 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
Leadfoot Quote:

Not sure how you got there.

It was not some 'big picture' issue JC was addressing, but rather where everything of importance to him takes place - the individual. If there is anything we should focus on, it's what comes out of ourselves. Only after that can we start to evaluate Hitler et al.