How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

fresco

Tue 17 Oct, 2017 02:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Insofar that all religions tend to be sectarian and divisive irrespective of their credo, Buddhism is no exception as shown by recent events in Myanmar. I have said before, we inherit inter group aggression from our primate ancesters, and religion is one factor in its rationalization.
cicerone imposter

Tue 17 Oct, 2017 03:05 pm
@fresco,
How truly sad. I have always thought that Buddhists were unique in this world; that their teaching was improvement of the self. That's now blown to hell. The "good intentions" of religion no longer holds true. I'm glad to have decided on atheism as a young teen. That decision still holds true today. Religion doesn't seem to make any difference, but may in some cases be worse than no religion. Politics is no different.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Tue 17 Oct, 2017 05:29 pm
@fresco,
Quote:
Have you considered the obvious fact that your particular interpretation of 'holy writ' is based on the accident of your birth in a post colonial country, with a history of paganism coated with a veneer of missionary Christianity ? There's nothing wrong with your 'international' moral intensions, but basing them on a what others cannot commune with does nothing to help your case. "

My belief in the spirit of Ama is not only "based on the accident of your birth" but based on the proofs based on the "holy writ". He was able to pinpoint on when Jesus Christ was born (May 23) and was crucified (August 17). I said that the true God is omniscient. He knows everything, including what happened in the past and what will happen in the future. What do you mean by "accident of your birth"?

cicerone imposter

Tue 17 Oct, 2017 06:00 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Why is it that Christianity is but one religion concentrated in one part of the world?
cicerone imposter

Tue 17 Oct, 2017 06:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Map of Christianity.
https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=map+of+christianity&fr=yhs-mozilla-002&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fgeocurrents.info%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F03%2FWorld-Evangelical-Map.png#id=0&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fgeocurrents.info%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F03%2FWorld-Evangelical-Map.png&action=click
peacecrusader888

Tue 17 Oct, 2017 07:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,

Christianity is in:
a. North America
b. South America
c. Europe
d. Africa
e. Australia and New Zealand

It is in the Philippines, Papua New Guinea, in the Pacific Islands, etc.

Just think: Why did the Roman Empire make Christianity as its state religion during the fourth century AD?

0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Tue 17 Oct, 2017 07:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Why is it that Christianity is but one religion concentrated in one part of the world?

Is Christianity "concentrated in one part of the world" only?
cicerone imposter

Tue 17 Oct, 2017 08:18 pm
@peacecrusader888,
That was my senior moment speaking. Gonna have much more of those, so don't take my posts too seriously.
0 Replies

clairerobin

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 12:52 pm
@reasoning logic,
We can't be sure. But it appears all religions are wrong and they are also all right. This means they are wrong about almost everything they say, but they also hold a grain of truth. And they all hold a grain of truth. And they all hold the SAME grain of truth.
cicerone imposter

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 02:44 pm
@clairerobin,
That explains everything we experience in life. Wink
0 Replies

JosefinaEL

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 09:01 pm
@clairerobin,
You totally nailed it!!.. We can never be right or wrong on everything we believe. The important thing is we believe to him..
cicerone imposter

Sun 29 Oct, 2017 09:08 pm
@JosefinaEL,
Quote:
We can never be right or wrong on everything we believe.

What we believe is our reality on this planet. We can argue all day long about who is right and who is wrong, but in the end, it doesn't matter, because we all believe in something that is our reality. I try to rely on science to explain our environment, and who we are. It's really about philosophy.

Quote:
Definition of philosophy of life. 1 :an overall vision of or attitude toward life and the purpose of life. 2. [translation of German Lebensphilosophie] :any of various philosophies that emphasize human life or life in general.
neologist

Mon 4 Dec, 2017 01:28 pm
Alas, I feel a disturbance in the farce.
0 Replies

jerlands

Thu 14 Dec, 2017 12:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

It's kinda obvious.. It's predominate along its migratory route. The path Western Civilization followed to the new world.
0 Replies

jerlands

Thu 14 Dec, 2017 12:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What we believe is our reality on this planet.

Not necessarily.. We might believe we don't have cancer and yet we do so belief has nothing to do with reality.
brianjakub

Fri 15 Dec, 2017 08:08 am
@jerlands,
So does reality have more to do with truth than belief?
jerlands

Fri 15 Dec, 2017 11:55 am
@brianjakub,
Quote:
So does reality have more to do with truth than belief?

I would say so. However, that doesn't make belief true or false. I think of truth as having two states. On the one hand it seems a pursuit while on the other it's something we've established. Reality doesn't require we recognize it while truth does.
TooFriendly112

Sat 30 Dec, 2017 11:21 am
@reasoning logic,
Hi!

You sound like a very shallow human being, what could you possibly know about spirituality?

/
TooFriendly112
0 Replies

brianjakub

Sat 30 Dec, 2017 11:56 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
Reality doesn't require we recognize it while truth does
Doesnt reality reveal truth?
jerlands

Sat 30 Dec, 2017 11:59 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
Reality doesn't require we recognize it while truth does
Doesnt reality reveal truth?

I think truth as part of reality where reality is the big picture.
Reality is seeing all things as they are and that I think requires a lot.