How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

izzythepush

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 07:13 am
@Amoh5,
How would you know? If you can't express yourself properly there's no way you could tell the wheat from the chaff.

Fresco talks a lot of stuff that's clearly beyond you, but that doesn't make it crap.
brianjakub

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 10:18 am
@fresco,
Quote:
atheist simply don't need the concept of a creator
you look out the window and see a very complex universe. You look in the mirror and see a very complexed biological organism that can reason. you come to the conclusion that all this happened without any intelligence guiding the complexity. Most people in the world think that conclusion takes a great leap of faith. You can deny you have an ideology but, but the amount of faith you must have to believe what you believe by definition makes it an ideology or belief system.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 10:55 am
@izzythepush,
You speak just like Fresco, talking a whole lotta useless crap that I don't even care about whatsoever, especially reading that crap post of yours telling a school kid to lie to their father, and you expect me to believe you? get real...
izzythepush

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 11:08 am
@Amoh5,
You care enough to get into a right strop.
0 Replies

fresco

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 11:09 am
@Amoh5,
Tut tut ! I suggest you try a little quiet beneficence along the lines of 'forgive them O Lord for they knoweth not what they do'.
peacecrusader888

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 05:44 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
Whether they are denominations or not, we should study them. The first that I thought of is the Seventh Day Adventist church. Next will be the Roman Catholic Church. The god that they worship my not be the true God. It may be Satan who is masquerading as that true God. That is why I say that:

If you were to worship a god, be sure that He is the true God.

The Seventh Day Adventist church is not the true representative of Christianity because:
1. One of its reliance is Mrs Ellen G White, a prophetess of the church. It says in Galatians 1:8, "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." Is the Holy Bible not sufficient that the church has to rely on Mrs White' "Desire of Ages" and other writing to tell us which is right and which is wrong?
2. It does not recognize the Blessed Virgin Mary. Will you let your children not recognize your mother?
3. Show us in the King James Version of the Holy Bible that Sabbath is Saturday.
cameronleon

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 08:11 pm
@fresco,
Quote:
Tut tut ! I suggest you try a little quiet beneficence along the lines of 'forgive them O Lord for they knoweth not what they do'.

In your dreams.

You deserve Psalm 109
God, I praise you.
Do not be silent.
Wicked people and liars have spoken against me;
they have told lies about me.

They attacked me, even though I loved them
and prayed for them.
I was good to them, but they repay me with evil.
I loved them, but they hate me in return....

Let his life be cut short,
and let another man replace him as leader.
Let his children become orphans
and his wife a widow.
Make his children wander around, begging for food.
Let them be forced out of the ruins in which they live.
Let the people to whom he owes money take everything he owns,
and let strangers steal everything he has worked for.
Let no one show him love
or have mercy on his orphaned children.
Let all his descendants die
and be forgotten by those who live after him.
Lord, remember how wicked his ancestors were,
and don’t let the sins of his mother be wiped out.
Lord, always remember their sins.
Then make people forget about them completely.

Lol.

Glennn

Sat 14 Oct, 2017 08:32 pm
@cameronleon,
Let his children become orphans?
cameronleon

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 01:51 am
@Glennn,
Quote:
Let his children become orphans?

It's a psalm. Actually psalms were songs, and the music was very similar to the current "classical" Catholic music.

And this is the interesting part of these psalms and other songs, they can talk of the greatness of God, of repentance of the sinner, or justice made thru God's will.

The psalm 109 is about that, asking God for justice... not without giving Him some mischievous suggestions... lol
fresco

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 02:18 am
@cameronleon,
Well that wasn't addressed to you, but no doubt Amoh will appreciate your efforts at an exorcism.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 02:01 pm
@peacecrusader888,
All my siblings are Seventh Day Adventists. I didn't leave the church because of Ellen G White, but because I didn't trust in any religion that has to do with god who declared "thou shalt not kill,' then directed its adherents to kill unbelievers whether they were family or not. Many of their teachings didn't pass the logic test, and I noticed these contradictions as a young teen.
Glennn

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 04:22 pm
@cameronleon,
Quote:
The psalm 109 is about that, asking God for justice

Yeah but let's be honest. Justice is about being made whole after another's negligence. So that psalm was really about a guy asking his god to visit revenge on his enemy.
cicerone imposter

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 05:30 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
13:4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

Voluntary slaves, any one? Ya gotta fear him, cause he's god!
cameronleon

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 09:47 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
Yeah but let's be honest. Justice is about being made whole after another's negligence. So that psalm was really about a guy asking his god to visit revenge on his enemy.

Correct. You are correct.

God won't allow you to perpetuate revenge.

He specified that "revenge is His" (his action procedure, etc.)

In other words, you as a human being are not the right person to do it, that He is the one (the only authority) who can take revenge against your enemy.

Like to say, a bad guy kills a friend of yours. You want to take revenge. But you decide to let police and the judge to take the case. They are the authorized ones to send the guy for life in prison, to send him to death penalty, etc.

While justice is impartial, revenge is partial. And God takes sides. No doubt that God takes sides.

if you are on His side, then He will take care of you, He will go against anyone who is not on His side and is against you. Specially if your enemy is also enemy of His words and will.

Just review His laws, those are not for protecting "everybody in general", His laws are for protection of the ones who follow Him and his Commandments.

This is why we have a God, leaning on Him as the protector, the avenger, the vigilante, you must trust Him, that in one way or another He will take care of your enemy.

0 Replies

cameronleon

Sun 15 Oct, 2017 09:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Voluntary slaves, any one? Ya gotta fear him, cause he's god!

Perfect.

Lets accept that a religious person becomes voluntarily a "slave" of God.

Remembering you position that what will happen with the adulterous woman after she has been caught is not "our business", the question is: in what are you affected if a religious person becomes voluntarily a slave of God?
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Mon 16 Oct, 2017 06:09 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
All my siblings are Seventh Day Adventists. I didn't leave the church because of Ellen G White, but because I didn't trust in any religion that has to do with god who declared "thou shalt not kill,' then directed its adherents to kill unbelievers whether they were family or not. Many of their teachings didn't pass the logic test, and I noticed these contradictions as a young teen.

I know that one of the true God's Ten Commandments is "Thou shalt not kill" (Exodus 20:13). Do you think the true God will change His commandments? The spirit of Ama said that Jesus Christ was born on May 23, and I was able to prove that He is correct. You may find the results of my study in http://aristean.org/birthmay23.htm.
cicerone imposter

Mon 16 Oct, 2017 09:48 am
@peacecrusader888,
The Bible is repleat with errors, omissions and contradictions. It cannot be relied upon to be factual. I believe in science that this planet is 4.6 billion years old, and not 2,000 years old based on the Bible.
peacecrusader888

Mon 16 Oct, 2017 05:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The Bible is repleat with errors, omissions and contradictions. It cannot be relied upon to be factual. I believe in science that this planet is 4.6 billion years old, and not 2,000 years old based on the Bible.

I know that the Holy Bible is replete with error, omissions, and contradictions. I use the Red Letter Edition of the King James Version wherein the words of Jesus Christ is in red. I believe they are correct. If it is in black, they may or may not be correct. It is for us to decided whether it is correct or not. The spirit of Ama told us to use the King James Version because it is "nearer the truth" (than other versions). He also told us to read the Pasiong Mahal, a book that is chanted in the Philippines during Holy Week. The Holy Bible was not written by the disciples themselves but by the children of the disciples. The children pieced together the notes of their parents and made the stories in the Bible, according to Ama. Science says that "this planet is 4.6 billion years old". We did not come from monkeys or chimpanzees or apes (Luke 3:38). Ama said that truly, there were people like Adam and Eve that were created, but Adam represents the spirit and Eve, the physical body.
fresco

Tue 17 Oct, 2017 02:10 am
@peacecrusader888,
Have you considered the obvious fact that your particular interpretation of 'holy writ' is based on the accident of your birth in a post colonial country, with a history of paganism coated with a veneer of missionary Christianity ? There's nothing wrong with your 'international' moral intensions, but basing them on a what others cannot commune with does nothing to help your case.
cicerone imposter

Tue 17 Oct, 2017 02:04 pm
@fresco,
I guess Buddhists don't belong in their heaven. There are between 488 million to 1.6 Billion Buddhists around the world according to different estimates. Are they all in the "wrong" religion? Why?