How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

cameronleon

Fri 6 Oct, 2017 01:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aol.com/amp/2016/06/29/places-where-modern-day-cannibalism-still-exists/

I would like to read it, but I'm allergic to Google, I avoid using it by all means. I don't use its maps, its web search, nothing.

If you find a different place to go and check the same article, please send me the link.

At this time, if it is Google. I'll pass.
cicerone imposter

Fri 6 Oct, 2017 02:40 pm
@cameronleon,
It's about "modern day cannibalism." I don't care about your indifference to any site. Not my problem.
cameronleon

Fri 6 Oct, 2017 04:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It's about "modern day cannibalism." I don't care about your indifference to any site. Not my problem.

I was trying to be polite by reading what you want to share.

But, as I am not asking for such information, and there is no other way you want to share it, then, hell with it, I was never interested to read it anyway.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Fri 6 Oct, 2017 04:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What do you mean by "intelligent?" What are floods, earthquakes and mudslides that kills millions of people and living things?
I mean Humans, flowers, beauty, interdependent biological organisms, complex ecosystems, amazing order and complexity etc. . .

Are you telling me, you don't believe ID is more plausible than random processes for explaining the origins of the universe and biology and the extreme complexity we observe because, there is death and destruction?
(Please answer the question with an explanation to why you answered it like you did.)

How would an Intelligent Designer's ability to adapt biology to changing environment be measured and guided by natural selection without death and destruction?

Even if God is perfect he is not the only player in the game and we have a lot to learn. I don't want to cause death, pain or destruction but, 90% percent of what I have learned came from the mistakes I made.

Aren't you glad you have the right to make mistakes and then learn from them?

I really would like to read your answers to these questions.

reasoning logic

Fri 6 Oct, 2017 05:00 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
I mean Humans, flowers, beauty, interdependent biological organisms, complex ecosystems, amazing order and complexity etc. . .

Along with this are billions or trillions of the same things " Humans, flowers, , interdependent biological organisms that are deformed and die of early on this planet not to mention there are probably trillions of other planets that can not support life at all. Could it be that out of a chaotic environment which is unlimited things can come into existence by chance?
cicerone imposter

Fri 6 Oct, 2017 05:26 pm
@brianjakub,
We all make mistakes; some, more than others. Those of us born in democracies have lived the best lives, because of free education, opportunities and social services.
brianjakub

Fri 6 Oct, 2017 05:30 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Along with this are billions or trillions of the same things " Humans, flowers, , interdependent biological organisms that are deformed and die of early on this planet not to mention there are probably trillions of other planets that can not support life at all. Could it be that out of a chaotic environment which is unlimited things can come into existence by chance?

no

Except for the fact that it all exists, there is not much other evidence supporting that all of this complexity in our universe is all the result of processes that were developed from purely random origins. The math has been done, and it is odds of that happening are so close to zero that it would take a ridiculous amount of faith to believe it could happen. I base what I believe on math and science, not astronomically long odds that conveniently allow me to leave God out of the equation.

I look around me and I see purpose written on everything.
A tree was made to convert CO2 to oxygen, sunlight to food, shade and housing for other biological organisms.

An eagle was made to convert oxygen into CO2 and fly and hunt from the air.

I was made to marry raise a family, and treat my wife and children with love and compassion, and to teach them to do the same.

We all look around and agree on the purpose for most things, and pass civil and environmental laws promoting that purpose in society and nature.

Why are we all agreeing on the purpose for all this stuff, if all this stuff has no purpose because it all happened by chance?
brianjakub

Fri 6 Oct, 2017 05:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
We all make mistakes; some, more than others.
So why are you surprised that death and destruction are designed into the system as part of the educational process?
Glennn

Fri 6 Oct, 2017 09:43 pm
@cameronleon,
Quote:
So, adulterous woman, you are in trouble. hmm hmm hmm

Here you are once again demonstrating that you operate on pure assumption, as I am neither a woman nor an adulterer.
Quote:
the bible never says that vegetation was created before the Sun.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth

What you are unwittingly demonstrating for everyone here is how blind belief has caused you to experience cognitive dissonance. You can read the words clearly from your sacred text, but your mind won't allow you to acknowledge the contradiction contained therein because you've invested so much of your identity into it.

But please continue. As I said, you're an interesting case.
cameronleon

Fri 6 Oct, 2017 10:45 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
Here you are once again demonstrating that you operate on pure assumption, as I am neither a woman nor an adulterer.

Oh no!

This is too much!

Now it happens that I was discussing with a transgender!

Buorph! Buorph! Buorph! Arghhhhh! ...sh*t!...

Quote:
But please continue. As I said, you're an interesting case.

Funny thing in forums is the participation of people who play to be Psychologists studying other participants.

Before touching the other topic, where you clearly still can't see by glorious ignorance of the English language and its rich and extensive application of the different meaning of words, I will show you how to debate.

You can read the excellent way many of guys here debate several topics and I really admire their style, which in many of them, specially the ones who are in opposition to my opinions, provide solid arguments in their favor, and they write them with elegant and well edited style, contrary to my vulgar and simplistic way of expressing my points.

You lack of experience when debating.

Your posture is the attack and attack of my points without providing any valid and solid alternative from your part.

You are obfuscated in attacking the killing of the adulterous woman as a punishment. That is your only argument.

Then, as a debater you are just a zero on the left, because you are not giving alternatives.

A good debater presents the other side.

This is to say, you should provide your point of what should be the punishment for the adulterous woman.

Read your messages. Pure attacks, and attacks, and attacks, and really... it sounds sick, it appears that those persisting shooting of words you made come from a child having a gun who have not any control of the aim.

So, stop for a while your studying about me and post what -according to you- should be the punishment for the adulterous woman.

cicerone imposter

Fri 6 Oct, 2017 11:29 pm
@brianjakub,
It's called self preservation. It's built into our DNA.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 7 Oct, 2017 06:11 am
@brianjakub,
Quote:
The math has been done, and it is odds of that happening are so close to zero

The math has been done? Really? So we have an infinite number of planets in the universe and you came to this understanding? Let me guess you have an empirical understanding of this math?

Have you ever heard of ocpd?

https://www.ocdonline.com/the-right-stuff
0 Replies

Glennn

Sat 7 Oct, 2017 09:57 am
@cameronleon,
Quote:
Oh no! This is too much! Now it happens that I was discussing with a transgender! Buorph! Buorph! Buorph! Arghhhhh! ...sh*t!...

This reaction to having been shown that you operate on assumption is childish.
Quote:
Funny thing in forums is the participation of people who play to be Psychologists studying other participants.

When the other participant--in this case, you--extolls the virtues of murdering those who engage in extramarital affairs, the only reasonable response is an examination of what motivates such an individual. In your case, you are motivated by what you've read in a book that happens to cater to your ego's need for revenge.
Quote:
Before touching the other topic, where you clearly still can't see by glorious ignorance of the English language and its rich and extensive application of the different meaning of words, I will show you how to debate

Well you might start by explaining the chronological contradiction in the segment of text I just put before you. So far, your rebuttal concerning that contradiction is that I'm ignorant of the English language. However, the text's version of the chronological order of creation is not ambiguous in the least. Now, tell me how it is that you don't see the contradiction.
Quote:
You lack of experience when debating.

Besides being an attempt to goad me into defending my abilities, this is also an attempt to distract from the fact that your sacred book contains a chronological error concerning its creation story.
Quote:

Your posture is the attack and attack of my points without providing any valid and solid alternative from your part.

When your point is that those who engage in extramarital affairs should be killed, sure, I'll attack your point. Any decent human being would.
Quote:
Then, as a debater you are just a zero on the left, because you are not giving alternatives.

The alternative is to not kill people who cause you to feel the insecurity of rejection.
Quote:
This is to say, you should provide your point of what should be the punishment for the adulterous woman.

You are stuck on the concept of punishment. If she no longer wants to be with you, then you can separate from her. But your ego wants revenge because of what it believe her rejection means about you.
Quote:
Read your messages. Pure attacks, and attacks, and attacks, and really... it sounds sick

I attacked your ideas, and I also provided you with the reasons you hold those ideas. Of course that will sound sick to you; it goes against your grain. Your desire to have those who participate in extramarital affairs killed is a sick desire. Ask anyone.

cicerone imposter

Sat 7 Oct, 2017 10:41 am
@Glennn,
Glenn, You're fighting a useless battle. I should know; all my siblings are Christians. If they replace logic against their belief in their god, their life long beliefs will be shattered. That's a frightening prospect. They must continue to believe that their prayers are being heard by their god. I had kidney failure, and was on dialysis. I no longer need dialysis, because my kidney function is back to 38-40%. I'm an atheist, so my siblings tell me I'm stupid, because only god could cure me.
I think there were studies done at Stanford and Yale on prayers. It was found that second party prayers were not effective. It was also found that the person with the ailment who prayed saw progress. It is believed that the mental state of the patient who believes in prayer has a more positive outlook which helps in recovery. I trust these studies to be true.
cameronleon

Sat 7 Oct, 2017 12:45 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
The alternative is to not kill people who cause you to feel the insecurity of rejection.

Don't waste mine and others readers time with silly answers.

Straight to the point., what according to you should be the penalty for the adulterous woman?
0 Replies

cameronleon

Sat 7 Oct, 2017 12:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Glenn, You're fighting a useless battle.

OK, to you too... sh*t!

What, according to you, should be the penalty for the adulterous woman?
cicerone imposter

Sat 7 Oct, 2017 01:28 pm
@cameronleon,
Nothing. It's up to the spouse to determine what to do. It's none of our business.
reasoning logic

Sat 7 Oct, 2017 06:22 pm
@cameronleon,
Quote:
What, according to you, should be the penalty for the adulterous woman?

I think the penalty should be the same as if you or your own mother committed adultery. What punishment do you think you, your mother or father should receive if they committed adultery?
cameronleon

Sat 7 Oct, 2017 06:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Nothing. It's up to the spouse to determine what to do. It's none of our business.

She signed an official contract when she got married.

The husband wants his freedom from this woman because she broke the contract. As legal procedure, the claim of the husband is acceptable.

In any business, the one who breaks the contract is the party which will lose due to the consequences arising from that breaking of covenant.

When you say "no penalty for adulterous woman", then you are saying that the official contract signed in a wedding, with witness and etc. is just a piece of paper without any value.

Is this your position? Are you married? Did you ask the same question I asked you and your wife gave you the same answer you just game me?

Yes?

Hmm (and I thought I was the only m*th*r f*ck*r in this discussions but apparently I have a strong competitor...)
cicerone imposter

Sat 7 Oct, 2017 07:46 pm
@cameronleon,
Quote:
She signed an official contract when she got married.

She didn't sign that contract with you. Do you stick your nose into all the contracts that are broken?