How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

cicerone imposter

Fri 27 Jan, 2017 09:25 pm
@Patches,
You are correct. Christianity is even growing among Muslims and in Asia. I thought I had read that many are dropping out of church in the US.
http://www.pewforum.org/2013/02/13/the-global-catholic-population/
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 04:48 am
@Patches,
The Holy Bible says that there is "only one true God" (John 17:3). Only one true God and the rest are false gods.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 05:04 am
@Patches,
Quote:
He becomes forgotten. The souls of hell are forgotten by their families in heaven. They are lost souls. Unless someone makes atonement for their sins. In which case their souls are salvaged, delivered into heaven and remembered.

God is both fair and just.

No one is in Heaven yet except the holy men in the Old Testament. They were taken from Limbo, which was destroyed after the gate of Heaven was opened when Jesus was in the sepulcher. Those who die now may be reincarnated or just sleep until Judgment Day, depending upon God's decision. I learned these from the spirit of Ama.
peacecrusader888

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 05:23 am
@cicerone imposter,
[quote}How do you reconcile the contradiction, thou shalt not kill, and to kill all non believers?
http://www.atheistrev.com/2005/03/bible-commands-christians-to-kill.html?m=1 [/quote]

The god who say "kill all non-believers" is a weak god who asks his followers to kill the non-believers. The true God can annihilate what He created (Genesis 6:7).
peacecrusader888

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 05:32 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
We all end up dead. No second life after we are brain dead.

According to the spirit of Ama, there is reincarnation or just sleep, depending upon the decision of the true God. In reincarnation, he is given a new clean slate.
0 Replies

Patches

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:31 am
@peacecrusader888,
Other than the JW's, all Christian Churches believe that we go to either heaven or hell when we die. The Catholic Church includes purgatory.
0 Replies

Patches

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:39 am
Physicists discover humans have souls

Religion and science need not be at loggerheads for, once again, science discovered something Christians have long believed — that we each have a soul.

Physicists have discovered the equivalent of the soul, i.e., something that endures after the death of our bodies.

On Oct. 31, 2012, Sir Roger Penrose and Dr. Stuart Hameroff, Professor Emeritus at the Departments of Anesthesiology and Psychology and Director of the Center of Consciousness Studies at the University of Arizona, developed a quantum theory of consciousness asserting that our souls are contained inside structures called microtubules within our brain cells. Our experience of consciousness is the result of quantum gravity effects inside these microtubules – a process they call orchestrated objective reduction (Orch-OR). In a near-death experience the microtubules lose their quantum state, but the information within them is not destroyed. Or in layman’s terms, the soul does not die but returns to the universe.

Dr Hameroff explained the theory at length in the documentary Through the Wormhole, which was aired on the Science Channel:

“The quantum information within the microtubules is not destroyed, it can’t be destroyed, it just distributes and dissipates to the universe at large. If the patient is resuscitated, revived, this quantum information can go back into the microtubules and the patient says ‘I had a near death experience’. [If the patient dies, it is] possible that this quantum information can exist outside the body indefinitely – as a soul.”

source: https://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2016/11/06/physicists-discover-humans-have-souls/
Patches

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 07:28 am
In the future, I may start a new thread with the above post.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 07:52 am
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
The god who say "kill all non-believers" is a weak god who asks his followers to kill the non-believers. The true God can annihilate what He created (Genesis 6:7).

King James Bible

1 Samuel 15:3
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
Leadfoot

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 08:16 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

When God decides something needs to be done, he don't mess around does he!
cicerone imposter

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 10:44 am
@Patches,
Those doctors are frauds. It's a fact that when the brain dies, nothing of life is left.
Patches

Sun 29 Jan, 2017 05:56 am
@cicerone imposter,
I know that I am a spirit. I have been out of my body and fully aware of it. Also, I have seen hundreds of spirits.

I wouldn't bet your immortal soul that I am wrong.

Apply Pascal's Wager, "If one bets that God does exist, and he does, you win "everything", to lose - you lose nothing. Should one bet that God does not exist - and win, you win nothing, but to lose? You lose "everything".
Leadfoot

Sun 29 Jan, 2017 07:54 am
@Patches,
Quote:
Apply Pascal's Wager, "If one bets that God does exist, and he does, you win "everything", to lose - you lose nothing. Should one bet that God does not exist - and win, you win nothing, but to lose? You lose "everything".

Really?

Don't you think Jesus' words saying that there are those who will come claiming 'belief' to which he will say 'Depart from me, I never knew you' applies to those who use that approach?
Fil Albuquerque

Sun 29 Jan, 2017 08:59 am
@Leadfoot,
...well how could the Lord judge without knowing ? ;D
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 29 Jan, 2017 01:56 pm
@Leadfoot,

Quote:

Reminds me of a person who would go and shoot all the small children in a grade school or a person who would shoot all the black people at a church or someone who would shoot up a movie theater. We see this as not being normal today but there were and still are times when we fight wars using such immoral methods.
cicerone imposter

Sun 29 Jan, 2017 02:10 pm
@reasoning logic,
Sounds like power has gone to his head without regards to anything else.
Leadfoot

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 07:14 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

Quote:

Reminds me of a person who would go and shoot all the small children in a grade school or a person who would shoot all the black people at a church or someone who would shoot up a movie theater. We see this as not being normal today but there were and still are times when we fight wars using such immoral methods.

You are saying that we all have the same prerogatives as God?
Some Hudspeth!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 07:19 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Sounds like power has gone to his head without regards to anything else.

There is no room to criticize the actions of someone you vehemently deny the existence of.
0 Replies

Patches

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 07:20 am
The "Quantum Soul": A Scientific Hypothesis

pdf direct download: http://www.newdualism.org/papers/S.Hameroff/QSoulchap.pdf

Although scientists use the words, "Quantum Soul". It is the soul that continues on in the afterlife that they are referring to.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 06:12 pm
What is the difference between a dead person in a coffin being waked upon, and a living person who is waking at a dead relative or friend?
0 Replies