How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

cicerone imposter

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 12:03 pm
@Leadfoot,
Infants remain infants. Silly.
They're going to relive the same thing for millions of years. Deja vu. That looks more like hell.
Leadfoot

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 12:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh come on CI. You must have absorbed enough of the story through proximity to your Christian family to know the bible says we get new bodies, you're not stuck with the originals. Besides, there is that 1000 year Millennium thing in which they could grow up in.

If you're going to criticize the story, at least get it right.
cicerone imposter

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 01:05 pm
@Leadfoot,
How many new bodies? New brains too?
Why heaven and hell doesn't make sense.
https://infidels.org/library/modern/michael_martin/heaven.html
reasoning logic

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 06:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
They're going to relive the same thing for millions of years. Deja vu. That looks more like hell.

Heavens a good place CI, there may be wars in heaven but you will have God unless you chose to be like the devil and all the other angels who left with him. I still wonder why so many angles decided to leave heaven. Do you think god might have bad judgment when it comes to making angels? It must have something to do with freewill.
cicerone imposter

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 06:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
Heaven is a misnomer and a oxymoron.
Krumple

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 11:33 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

Heavens a good place CI, there may be wars in heaven but you will have God unless you chose to be like the devil and all the other angels who left with him. I still wonder why so many angles decided to leave heaven. Do you think god might have bad judgment when it comes to making angels? It must have something to do with freewill.

It can not be free will because the story goes god created humans with free will which made some angels jealous. It doesn't make sense as I've pointed out before.

If you are an angel and have an audience with god why would you rebel knowing gods position? Unless god is corrupt or doing something evil to begin with. But of course this doesnt play into the narritive of Christian thought. These angels are the bad guys and god is always righteous.

The explanation by apologists is convoluted and doesn't make sense even for a god to cast out both humans and angels for behaving according to their nature.

If humans are born of sin, have the nature of sin and the free will to chose sin, you can't honestly punish a human for sin. Its like beating a dog for barking. Its wrong, B its the nature for a dig to bark, you can't hate them for it.

Its clear to me that ancient humans invented a god and assumed certain behavior was sinful. Humans created the idea which is why it's convoluted.

The way ancient humans determined sin was based off not understanding reality. If a person became sick, it was interpreted as the wrath of God. If a natural disaster occurred it was gods act to punish the victims. People still think this way.

Its a byproduct for having brains that can recognize mortality but have no rational explanation for it.

It has been pointed out for years that there is a contradiction in receiving gods grace. If you are not worthy of gods grace why? If you do not have it then it's not the fault of the human. God has chosen not to give it. Or there is no god and some people just have random better circumstances than others regardless of their religious affiliation or belief.

Time is proving people are beginning to realize this fact.
cicerone imposter

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 11:39 pm
@Krumple,
Where this god fails is his command, thou shalt have no other god before me. It's not only a command but a threat. He wants unbelievers to be killed even if they are family.
It's one of many contradictions for his followers. Thou shalt not kill.
http://www.atheistrev.com/2005/03/bible-commands-christians-to-kill.html?m=1
Do you know how christians rationalize this command? They say it's only a parable.
A bit confusing.
sky123

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 01:25 am
@Leadfoot,
I am not a biologist neither a real Muslim.. I just try to become a real Muslim ...
And what you said about releasing various molecules that stimulate pleasure centers of the brain is the consequence of love.. not the love itself... but let's say it's true... if you want to say that worshiping God is just releasing some molecules in the brain that stimulate specific centers of the brain, so why can't we make a for example pill that could prevent the brain from releasing those molecules and ultimately conclude that worship is nothing more than the brain's response.... And more importantly who has programmed the brain to have such a response? Who has programmed the brain of a baby to cry when hungry?
Also I didn't equate love to God... I said not all the events and incidents in this world can be perfectly and totally realized in laboratories and by science ....You cannot do an experiment and conclude from it that God exist or doesn't exist... We can just talk about the probability of the existence of God... and by math and science and philosophy neither we can prove him nor deny him... After that it's your heart that can find the way and lead you...

We cannot even explain a three dimensional curve in a two dimensional plane... How can we understand what is happening in that ultra dimensions world while we are living in this three dimensional space. And for me the life after this world, is not about heaven and hell... It's about God. If you give me an airplane or the most expensive cars of the world or.... just to live a day without God's remembrance I won't accept it...
bestgamingchair

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 04:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
Please mind it all isn’t equal in the whole world. You could select which is true if you think deeply.
0 Replies

Patches

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 04:58 am
I have personally witnessed many truths in the Holy Bible and do not believe that Christianity is wrong. The question is...are you willing to risk your immortal soul on it being wrong? This is a risk that I personally would not take.
Leadfoot

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 08:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
How many new bodies? New brains too?

As many as there are people in heaven of course. The nature of those bodies is not elaborated on. So questions about particular organs is obviously just a silly attempt to discredit heaven. Same as when you said how silly it would be to have babies in heaven.

If you can't make your case in your own words you are just dodging, so screw the links to websites.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 08:44 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Where this god fails is his command, thou shalt have no other god before me. It's not only a command but a threat. He wants unbelievers to be killed even if they are family.

I don't see where the 'failure' is. If you are going to analyze the system of belief rather than just saying 'There is no God', then do it honestly.

Look at the scenario objectively. If you are God (the only God) who created man and gave you your very life and provided a path to eternal life for them, would you want your people to have other false Gods before them?

It seems like a reasonable demand to me. I don't see your 'fail'.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 08:52 am
@sky123,
Quote:
And for me the life after this world, is not about heaven and hell... It's about God.

That's fine for you and me sky, but the question was what do you tell non-believers about God that makes him and heaven attractive? Even if you proved God's existence to them they will want to know what he is offering. You make it sound like God is a morphine IV drip for eternity.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 12:23 pm
@Patches,
That's your choice to make like the millions of people who believe in a different god.
Patches

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 12:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
My decision comes from personal experience with Jesus, the Son of God, Father God, and the angels of heaven.
cicerone imposter

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 02:06 pm
@Patches,
I think that's what most people of religion believes. I rely on science for my beliefs about life. Humans are evolved from primates.
http://humanorigins.si.edu/education/introduction-human-evolution
Leadfoot

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 05:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I rely on science for my beliefs about life.

I think you said that about God too. Which is a real hoot!
farmerman

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 05:25 pm
@Leadfoot,
as long as Ive known CI, hes been a science guy, no gods required.
Patches

Fri 27 Jan, 2017 05:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
It is a fool who does not believe in God.

Psalm 14:1. To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
izzythepush

Fri 27 Jan, 2017 05:57 am
@Patches,
If you're doing business with a religious son of a bitch, get it in writing, because his word don't mean ****, not with the good lord telling him how to **** you on the deal. William Burroughs.
0 Replies