How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

sky123

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 01:25 pm
@Leadfoot,
God is the only answer...(Whether you call it God or Jesus or any other word...).
How can you deny God while you can hear his voice if you refer to your heart...
The voice that could awake you when others are sleep...
This life without God, is like a castles built on water...
Have you noticed the trees? You give them water and ultimately you can burn their wood and get fire... You give water and then get fire... water and fire... two different things opposite to each other... Isn't it beautiful in your eyes?
Do you think that you'll perish ?
And so many other questions...
Something which is going to perish is not we, it's our tall buildings... luxurious cars... our money,... .
And we will answer in what we spent these things...

Leadfoot

Fri 20 Jan, 2017 09:27 am
@sky123,
I agree with much of what you said, but...
Quote:
God is the only answer...(Whether you call it God or Jesus or any other word...).

That may be good enough for where you are now but it will not get you anywhere with 99+% of men. And you are told to "Have an answer for every man".

It's not even good enough for a Christian. If you don't have a vision for the radically different society that Christ pointed us to, then you have failed yourself and hence, can't give an answer to others. That society goes a lot deeper than 'being good' and attending Sunday school, sermons and church socials.
Quote:
Something which is going to perish is not we, it's our tall buildings... luxurious cars... our money,... .

Yep, I will look back with nostalgia at my old house, my hotrods and airplanes. My bank account - meh..
Quote:
And we will answer in what we spent these things...

You'll have to explain that one to me
peacecrusader888

Fri 20 Jan, 2017 09:58 pm
According to the spirit of Ama, ALL religions are wrong. Right is to recognize Jesus Christ and believe that He is true man and true God. I believe Him. He is true man because He was born by the Blessed Virgin Mary, a human being, so He the Son of man. He is the Son of God because His Father is God, and also He said this in Revelation 22:16.

We can be saved by any religion because we pick out what is righteous and discard what is evil. Therefore, we can be saved by our own work AND belief in the true God.

cicerone imposter

Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:04 pm
@peacecrusader888,
How can Jesus Christ be the true god when he appeared on this planet only about 200,000 years ago? This planet is 4.5 billions years old. Man is an evolutionary construct, so how can man be in the image of any god? Does god really look like an ape? Do you believe in science?

http://www.allaboutscience.org/evolution-of-man.htm

Quote:
When did humans first appear on Earth?

200,000 to 2.8 million years ago
Anatomically modern humans (Homo sapiens) evolved from archaic humans in the Middle Paleolithic about 200,000 years ago. The species Homo sapiens is included in the genus Homo, which is about 2.8 million years old and includes several other extinct species classified as ancestral to or closely related to modern humans. Examples include Homo neanderthalensis and Homo habilis, which emerged from other hominins in the genus Australopithecus.
References:

humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-family-tree

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25739410

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatomically_modern_human
peacecrusader888

Sat 21 Jan, 2017 01:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
Jesus Christ is in the Holy Bible (New Testament), not 200,000 years ago but about 2000 years ago. Jesus is true God and we know that God is the creator of Heaven and earth.

"Does god rally look like an ape?" - your question. "God is a Spirit" (John 4:24) and God in in everything He created. So He is in you, in me, in the ape. And this is the likeness of man to God -- we are all spirits. And that spirit will live forever like God.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 21 Jan, 2017 08:55 am
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
Right is to recognize Jesus Christ and believe

The question one more time - And then what?....
sky123

Sat 21 Jan, 2017 10:17 am
@Leadfoot,
Firstly I feel guilty because my timezone is different and I reply you longer than usual....
Your generalization to +99% of people wonders me... Do you think that being a real Muslim here is easy? It's harder than holding a fireball in the palm of your hand... The banking system is namely Islamic but in fact it is more Capitalistic than the Capitalistic countries themselves...
You said your hot rods and airplanes... It shows that you are rich... but I am sure that not even you can feel a fully satisfaction in your life because it is the nature of the human being that whatever they earn still they search for something more... We all have requirements that are not mundane... We all need somebody to speak to... not even our spouse or the most intimate friend can be a good subject in many cases... We want to be everlasting...
I do not worship God because I fear of his punishment or because of my greed for his heaven... I worship him because he is deserved to be worshiped...
Quote:
You'll have to explain that one to me

I meant Doomsday... and this fact that we will be asked of our deeds in this world.

Cognitive Cape

Sat 21 Jan, 2017 12:35 pm
@reasoning logic,
All religions are dead wrong in their metaphysics. Every religion, to my knowledge, postulates the creation of existence by an omniscient & omnipotent creator (GOD). This is self contradictory because if existence were the creation of a GOD, then GOD also exists & is part of existence. Therefore, who then created GOD, ad infinitum.

Religions are also wrong in trying to explain a cause for existence. A thinking, rational person committed to the pursuit of his own happiness does not see the need to explain the cause of existence. He understands that existence is the material which he molds & shapes to his own purpose in the pursuit of his happiness. For such a person, his own happiness & his own person are the primary, self evident cause for being. Such a person is, properly & rationally, in love with existence & see no reason to seek a cause for it. Is it any wonder that all religions preach self-abnegation & self-sacrifice but rarely urge men to pursue their own happiness?

As an aside, men who are committed to their rational pursuit of happiness, not only do not seek to question existence but are also the most generous with their time, energy, & money towards others. Only when a man is committed to his creative joy, can he feel a genuine good-will & benevolence towards others in exactly the way religions preach.
cicerone imposter

Sat 21 Jan, 2017 12:41 pm
@Cognitive Cape,
Not to mention all the errors and contradictions in the bible. Is earth 7000 years old claimed in the bible, or what scientists have concluded?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 21 Jan, 2017 01:43 pm
@sky123,
Quote:
Firstly I feel guilty because my timezone is different and I reply you longer than usual....

Your generalization to +99% of people wonders me... Do you think that being a real Muslim here is easy? It's harder than holding a fireball in the palm of your hand... The banking system is namely Islamic but in fact it is more Capitalistic than the Capitalistic countries themselves...

You said your hot rods and airplanes... It shows that you are rich... but I am sure that not even you can feel a fully satisfaction in your life because it is the nature of the human being that whatever they earn still they search for something more...

We all have requirements that are not mundane... We all need somebody to speak to... not even our spouse or the most intimate friend can be a good subject in many cases... We want to be everlasting...
I do not worship God because I fear of his punishment or because of my greed for his heaven... I worship him because he is deserved to be worshiped...

No need for worry, there is no time limit here in cyberspace.

When you told me being a Muslim isn't easy, does that not prove my point about the 99+ % of men will not be happy with the answers that religions have offered? Or maybe that was your point? It's hard to read the inferences in text across cultures.

I'm not 'Bill Gates rich' but I guess I am by most definitions. As you point out, that changes nothing with man. We always want 'more of something'.

But my point in this thread is that religions have nothing more to offer man than 'God is the answer'. Not Islam and not Christianity as they exist today. The 99% will not accept that. And they Ought to be told more. The bible say you should have an answer for every man. I would not be surprised if the Koran does too.

You say you love God because he deserves to be loved. That's what's missing from religion, if they know why he deserves that, why can't religions tell that story about Why God deserves it to others?
When you leave it at 'God is the answer and you'll understand when you accept him', you make it sound like a drug experience, not a realization of what God has tried to tell man.
peacecrusader888

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 05:35 am
@Leadfoot,
Your question: And then what? You better change now for the end is near - change with a new leaf of life ("magbagong-buuhay") and change your wrong concept of God ("magbagong-akala").

When did you ask your question before?
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 06:07 am
@Leadfoot,
Jesus showed that we have to bear sufferings, when He was scourged at the pillar and crucified. He showed that the soul of a person is important. He showed that He died. But He showed also that He lived. He resurrected. And that is what will happen to us when we bear the sufferings until death. That person will live with Him in Heaven.
Leadfoot

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:07 am
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
Jesus showed that we have to bear sufferings,

So you're saying that the deal here is that we suffer in order to pay for our ticket to heaven. Good grief man, do you think that will sell better than 'Jesus (or God) is the answer'?

But let's follow your train of thought further. We suffer, we believe in Jesus and then we go to heaven.
Same question - 'Then what?' What is so great about heaven that it would make us want to go? Eternal life with no illness is not enough to entice me. If I had that now I'd turn it down and pray for death if there was not more to it.

What is it you look forward to there?
sky123

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 12:09 pm
@Leadfoot,
That interesting term "inferences across cultures" that you used is an important thing that I wanted to say but I couldn't... I mean there was once that I was planning to get my PhD in Mechanical Engineering and casually I found this site to ask people to help me with my English ... As time went by, I understood more and more that people in different cultures see the same thing quite differently...
For example some of you try to discuss about God by pure science and logic... I have a simple question:
Do you love your wife or husband mathematically? Do you say that "My equations show me that I must love my wife Evil or Very Mad " or a simpler question:
I think every body who had seen the movie "Titanic" has admired Jack (Leo) for sacrificing his life for his lover... Can you explain it for me mathematically or scientifically? No, definitely. If I ask you why do you love your wife you would probably say: I don't know... I just know that I love her...

The whole our discussions about God just discusses the probability of the existence of God. Neither we can deny him nor accept him by these kind of discussions.
After accepting the probability of his existence it's just our hearts that can help us to realize him...It's a delicate flower that can show us that there is God... How can we slight creatures who are limited to 3 dimensions (XYZ in cartesian coordinates) explain the infinite, unimaginable, ultra dimensions, one and unique, kindest....... God? Definitely impossible but if we really search for him we'll find him the easiest and closest to talk...

And what I said about the hardships of being a real Muslim is not exclusive to me or my place of living ... Once you say I am a real Muslim (please note on the word "real") you must be honest even when there are advantages in dishonesty for example you can earn high amount of money by a slight lie or many other examples... I do not speak of suffering in life for being a real Muslim... I speak of the responsibility on your shoulders after becoming a real Muslim...
Quote:
But my point in this thread is that religions have nothing more to offer man than 'God is the answer'. Not Islam and not Christianity as they exist today. The 99% will not accept that. And they Ought to be told more.

I do not know how well do you know Islam and opening a discussion over Islam and it's rules and instructions is something which is not in the scope of this post but I can just say that it is divided into 3 main parts:

1- Rules that deal with God and his oneness (Tawhid). let's call them personal rules. Praying or talking to God is one of them.
2- Economical rules: The name itself carry a good explanation. For example usury is extremely forbidden.
3- Governmental rules: How to govern a country or a nation fairly. For example the people in position of power in a Muslim country must do whatever they could for equality and eradicating poverty.

Sadly I must accept that today there is not a good sample of Islam between Muslim countries. (Though some are not bad in economy and between top 20 countries. You can search this term in google: countries by GDP or PPP )

There is a very popular quote from one of the most influential liberal clerics of our history that says: (Seyed Jamaleddin Asadabadi)
" I went to West. I didn't see Muslim but I saw Islam. I came here, I saw Muslims, but I didn't see Islam" that points out the meritocracy and prosperousness of the West in that time. Many say that what he did some 150 years ago lead into a great anti-Imperialism revolution in Iran some 100 years later.
And with no offense to you dear Leadfoot I think your generalization to 99 % of people is your opinion not a fact-supported proposition. Everyday the number of people who think that the Communism of the East and the Capitalism of the West cannot satisfy their needs anymore, increases.
And by the way I do not tend to talk about the differences between Christianity and Islam. According to my beliefs, real Christianity is also a way that ends to God.

Leadfoot

Tue 24 Jan, 2017 01:49 pm
@sky123,
So many things in your post to reply to but so little time to do it in . So I'll pick out one.
Quote:
[To those who ] try to discuss about God by pure science and logic... I have a simple question:
Do you love your wife or husband mathematically? Do you say that "My equations show me that I must love my wife" ?

It would depend on the atheist who answered. I am assuming that you are actually addressing them when you say 'by pure science'. Some of them will accept your challenge and answer you by saying:

'It is my genetic programming and my view of my and their long term self interest as well as proximity that causes me to pick this particular person to partner with. Love is merely the brain's response in releasing various molecules that stimulate pleasure centers of the brain. At the fundamental level, we are merely delivery mechanisms for our genes, that is our only real purpose in life. '

How would a real Muslim respond to that?
saint martin

Tue 24 Jan, 2017 08:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
I have read the International Version of the Old Testament and New Testament, the Koran and Tanakh (Jewish version of the old testament) and found in all three bibles God is to be found on the Earth doing good while a female is masquerading in heaven as God. I have also read extensively in philosophy and occult studies to find the philosophers continuously ranting at the future of mankind following a woman into doom instead of the man on Earth reading their books.

So as all religions are calling God in heaven and not on Earth they are deliberately misguiding the masses away from the true God, who in the Bible is described as having always been and is still to come.

If you have said your reasons, could you briefly go over them again please, this link is long now and i would sooner read your thoughts rather than the hundreds of thoughts of others who may not have read all the bibles as I have, which is as God intended read as a book page 1 till the end of all three publications.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Tue 24 Jan, 2017 08:59 pm
@Leadfoot,
If there is no sufferings, there is no God.

Everybody would like to go to Heaven for in Heaven, there is no problem anymore. Revelation 21:4 states: "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
Leadfoot

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 09:58 am
@peacecrusader888,
So you're saying that the CIA was right, Torture does work!
OK, so there is no suffering in heaven.

But you haven't answered the question of what heaven is. What makes it worth enduring this suffering?

If it's just like here but the only improvement was 'no suffering', I'd give it a pass. I'd be bored to death. Not that I want to be put back on the rack mind you.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 11:47 am
@peacecrusader888,
Will there be aging or births?
Leadfoot

Wed 25 Jan, 2017 11:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Will there be aging or births?

Well he said there would be no suffering. That eliminates both :-)