Bush Knew

pistoff

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 08:36 pm
More Questions than answers
Active assistance?

Several of the purported hijackers were allowed to remain in the US
and travel freely within the borders.

The FBI squelched Feild Agents warnings that certain individuals were seemingly going to use airliners as missiles.

All incoming reports of an attack were put in a drawer.

NORAD failed to intercept even one plane in the hour+ in which the event took place.

The Rresident-select sat there for a full seven minutes after being told "America was under attack"

Cell phones do not work on cruising airliners, so the stories put out about the calls taking place were assistance.

The continuing coverup is active assistance.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 08:49 pm
Cell phones work on an airliner, they simply tell you to turn them off, so that they won't interfer with their communications or avionics.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 09:30 pm
btw
Anyone that "worships" gw bush isn't worth giving a half a second of time or attention to. Why would anyone try to converse with a complete nimrod?
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 09:47 pm
I agree! It's such a waste of breath.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 10:12 pm
Re: btw
pistoff wrote:
Anyone that "worships" gw bush isn't worth giving a half a second of time or attention to. Why would anyone try to converse with a complete nimrod?

You and I have both tried. (RC, RobtJonez, Airtoad, the brain cell shared by Debbie Lee, Mom, and Baba, etc...)
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 10:24 pm
LOL! "The Lone Gunmen," eh? I'm sure that show had a lot to do with 9/11. Maybe Osama was interested in the X-Files and needed to see the spinoff.

If you guys think this conspiracy theory is good, maybe I can direct you to a website or two about the Clinton Body Count. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 11:30 pm
Threads like this are a boon to the right. <heavy sigh>
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 05:46 am
Re: btw
hobitbob wrote:
pistoff wrote:

You and I have both tried. (RC, RobtJonez, Airtoad, the brain cell shared by Debbie Lee, Mom, and Baba, etc...)

Ah BaBa, who has been reincarnated more times than a cat has lives........
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 05:54 am
Is that a troll who comes back under a different name?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 06:01 am
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
-- Edward R. Murrow

*Damn, now I know why we be in the mess we is in.
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 07:29 am
Tarantulas wrote:
Is that a troll who comes back under a different name?

yep
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 11:42 am
I saw the original link and read it through (as painful as it was due to the poor writing skills of the original poster) and I have never seen a more bold faced collection of distortions, half truths and out and out lies on any site (it makes the propoganda on commondreams look like a report by Edward R Murrow)

The Right hasn't responded because ridiculous postings like that always do more for our cause than anything WE can post. But I will leave you with this:

Futile finger pointing[/u]
Tony Blankley
March 24, 2004

This week's September 11 hearings and former anti-terrorism staffer Richard Clarke's just released charges of Bush Administration incompetence should be seen as the latest example of how America historically has reacted to the outbreak of a major war.

The sudden commencement of major war is so shocking and disruptive of normal civilized life that there seems to be a psychological need for the event to be explained in terms of treachery or stupendous incompetence. It is too disturbing to accept the reality -- that normal government officials, performing as they normally are expected to, were inadequate to avoid the catastrophe.

The considered judgment of history tends to find the causes of major wars to be the failure of existing systems of governance to properly manage newly emerging great historic forces. But in the moment of crises -- and often for decades afterward -- the melodramatic storylines prove the more compelling. The appeal of these human stories is only exacerbated by the cynical career survival instincts of the politicians both in and out of power at the moment of disaster.

After Pearl Harbor, Admiral Husband E. Kimmel and General Walter Short, the top navy and army men at Pearl Harbor, were promptly scapegoated and fired. Ever since, and continuing to this day, books are published suggesting that President Franklin Roosevelt conspiratorially knew about the attack before it came. While the truth may never be completely known, the larger reality was that the rise of an expansionist, conquering Japanese empire in the Pacific (along with Hitler's war making) made it almost inevitable that America would be forced into military response -- whether at Pearl Harbor in December 1941, or someplace else within the next few years. Ultimately what mattered was how FDR and America fought the war.

Similarly, the slogans and stated aims enunciated at the commencement of our wars are never the complete explanation. In our Civil War, the stated reason for belligerence by the Union -- to preserve the union, not to end slavery --- was never completely accurate and changed between 1861 and 1865. For the abolitionists in the North it was always about ending slavery. For the border state citizens who remained loyal to the union it was expressly not about ending slavery.

And for Abraham Lincoln -- "Honest Abe" -- the purpose of the war evolved. He started out proclaiming only the preservation of the Union. But he inched his way forward toward demanding the end of slavery -- first the limited emancipation of 1863, then the new birth of freedom in the Second Inaugural Address, and finally his demand for the 13th amendment abolishing slavery throughout the nation forever.

For us, today, the hearings and frantic finger pointing about September 11 are as silly and pointless as they are inevitable. The emergence of Islamist terrorism has been a good half century in the making -- from the theoretical writings by Egyptian intellectuals at the middle of the last century to September 11 and beyond. The clash between our civilization and that force was probably inevitable. If the events of September 11 had failed for any reason, there would have been another day and another disaster.

Obviously both the Clinton Administration and the Bush Administration until September 11 failed to be seized of a sufficient sense of urgency in combating the danger. But it is unfair to blame them -- they existed in a different political world. If Clinton had tried to go to war in Afghanistan in 1998, both the Republicans and the major media would have run him out of town. So also, would a Bush invasion of Afghanistan in July of 2001 been rebuffed by the entire body politic.

Watching officials from both administrations pointing fingers at one another this week did not advance the great cause of national security -- but what else could they do under the circumstances? The purpose of the hearing is finger pointing.

Secretary of State Powell made a deeply revealing statement at yesterday's hearing when he explained that trying to bring Pakistan to our side of the terrorist battle would have been futile prior to the September 11 attack. General Powell was precisely correct.

The political systems of both the United States and the rest of the world's countries and organizations were simply not capable of finding the sense of urgency and political wherewithal to act sufficiently decisively -- prior to being attacked. It is the act of war itself that makes it politically possible for the attacked or threatened countries to go on a war footing. That is the historic and inevitable advantage of the aggressor.

Even today, neither John Kerry nor George Bush (nor any other politician or media outlet) is responding with urgency to the implications of the Madrid bombing. Who amongst us all are prepared to call for cancellation of all passenger trains and subway systems until we can institute an airport standard of security for train travel? It would seem excessive -- unless the terrorists blow up a subway train at rush hour in New York. Then we will act -- and point fingers at those who failed to act sooner.

Fifty years from now the ludicrous accusations of individual culpability being tossed around this week will be remembered for only one reason: that such self-serving theatrics delayed the time when we came together as a nation to more fully prepare for the worse terrorist onslaughts that are still ahead of us.

Link
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 04:01 pm
Pearl Harbor
911 was the Neocon's Pearl Harbor and the milk it for every last drop.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 06:55 pm
I think that article posted by Fedral makes good sense. Particularly these passages:
"For us, today, the hearings and frantic finger pointing about September 11 are as silly and pointless as they are inevitable. The emergence of Islamist terrorism has been a good half century in the making -- from the theoretical writings by Egyptian intellectuals at the middle of the last century to September 11 and beyond. The clash between our civilization and that force was probably inevitable. If the events of September 11 had failed for any reason, there would have been another day and another disaster.

Obviously both the Clinton Administration and the Bush Administration until September 11 failed to be seized of a sufficient sense of urgency in combating the danger. But it is unfair to blame them -- they existed in a different political world. If Clinton had tried to go to war in Afghanistan in 1998, both the Republicans and the major media would have run him out of town. So also, would a Bush invasion of Afghanistan in July of 2001 been rebuffed by the entire body politic."
But we'll see what comes out of the hearings.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 09:57 am
I think we need to run both of them out of office......
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 10:06 am
I posted it in BBB's thread and I'll post it here as well:

The problem with all of this is, the Administration gets hundreds if not thousands of indicators a week showing that this group or that group are going to threaten the country in some way.

If the President were to read and react to them all, the country would be frozen in terror over the constant 'warnings of imminent doom' and nothing would get done.

It's only AFTER something comes to pass that people look back on all the raw intelligence data and point to one or two items (among the thousands) and say'

But you had clear indications HERE <grabbing one paper among a 5 foot tall stack> look at this warning clearly states that some group may attack us with some sort of flying machine, some time in the near future. It's CRYSTAL CLEAR that you KNEW what was coming and didn't shut down the airlines and have all the flying planes blown out of the sky. Of course then we would have vilified you for interrupting our travel plans, but you cant win them all.

Hindsight is twenty twenty.

Foresight is only slightly more accurate than the Oracle at Delphi.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 01:09 pm
Bill W, heh heh! Laughing
Fedral, quite pragmatic of you!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 01:43 pm
suzy please don't join the silly Abuzz witchhunts. The rate at which they've been wrong here should be an embarassment to the participants.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:16 pm
Gees, coming from one so pure and virginal Shocked
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 04:08 pm
Oh, Craven, lighten up!

"Pragmatic: aware or expressing awareness of things as they really are; "a realistic description"; "a realistic view of the possibilities"

And what if I do come across someone I know from another site? I'm not allowed to ask or mention it or make a little play on words?
I know it's your site, but jeez!
Whatever you say.
0 Replies