Off lable uses for common household products?

barbieNony66

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 06:51 am
Good question. Will think on it.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 06:58 am
@barbieNony66,
Not again, Bot.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 07:39 am
There are some great ideas here! Thanks, everyone.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 12:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
Let us know how that works out.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 03:27 pm
I've an odd addition to this list.
Recently I've started painting again. This involved checking out my art supplies re painting with oils, especially the painting tubes and how they've weathered the time I haven't used them. Really very well, I don't have to buy more (at least not for now). Which is good, since some of the tubes still have prices and they were high priced when I got them. One tube from the early eighties (interesting brand, as it happens), was about twelve dollars. But two tubes were missing their caps, and one cap broke. I cleaned the tube orifice on the capless tubes, messed around the paint inside with my handy somewhat antique awl, and then.... and then .... plugged the openings of those three tubes with appropriate sized screws and screw tops to keep any paint, except a tiny bit, from drying out.

Sort of like the top one:

http://www.pridebarco.com/uploads/machine_screws.jpg

Easy enough to pull out with my handy pliers when I need those colors. I can then either toss the screw and use a new one, or clean the thing.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 04:56 pm
Large binder clips for paper are the best solution I have come up with for keeping pants out of a bicycle chain.
0 Replies