I've Been Thinking ****

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2013 09:25 pm
I have heard the term, shithook, directed at some people. I do not know from whence it is derived.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 01:17 am
We can have evil **** and holy ****.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 01:42 am
@glitterbag,
That leads us into shitkickers. They can be redneck, rural people. The term can also be applied to their boots. Shitkicking music, of course, is country/western, especially the whangy twangy variety.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 03:06 am
@roger,
I believe Huey P. Long referred to his constituents warmly as shitkickers. (Late Governor of Louisiana)
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 01:34 pm
@roger,
Quote:
That leads us into shitkickers. They can be redneck, rural people.

Or they can be rural, not even remotely close to rednecks. Or they can be liberal, rural people, or conservative, rural people, or ... .
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 08:29 pm
I believe the Bluejeaned Shitkicker is the official national bird of Dixie.
hingehead

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 10:13 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Queen had an early 70s bootleg album called 'Sheetkeeckers'
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 10:39 pm
One of my favourite work-related acronym is DILLIGAS

'He said he had a problem with his printer but I DILLIGASsed him'

Do I Look Like I Give A ****
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 06:17 am
@hingehead,

i got me a bad case of Dontgivvashit-itis...
timur

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 06:19 am
@Region Philbis,
It happens to people and then they get quite shitatious.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 05:00 pm
@timur,
Oh and we can't forget they old gem "excuse me, you must have me confused with someone who gives a ****".

My husband thinks I'm nuts, and he may be right. I cant remember ever having so much fun thinking of opportunities to say "****". Is there something wrong with us? I don't much care, we aren't hurting anyone and it keeps us off the Grammar and Religion threads. Those folks are really nuts.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 05:07 pm
@glitterbag,
Grammar and religion,
threads to avoid.
Move toward cartoons,
and live to exploid.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 05:15 pm
@glitterbag,
You reminded my of a the classic SF novelette
The Dark Light Years
by Brian W. Aldiss
Synopsis copied from goodreads:

The human species has begun to racket about the galaxy. When they reach the planet Grudgrodd, they come across another space-faring species. It's a case of instant dislike. The gentle Utods do not feel pain, they change sex as the planet changes suns, they live long pleasurable lives, free of stress. They wallow in their own middens. But 'Civilisation is the distance man has placed between himself and his excreta'. So the carnage begins.

Actually a pretty crap synopsis from my memory of the story except for the quote: 'Civilisation is the distance man has placed between himself and his excreta'
glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 07:32 pm
@hingehead,
I'm not familiar with that novelette, but it made me think if another expression, never go poo poo where you eat. I know I cleaned it up a bit, but that expression is offensive for reasons that make no sense at all. **** for brains, **** head, hot **** probably offends some folks, just not me. I wouldn't use those terms in a job interview or the first time I met someone's parents, but I'm old and will not be doing either, anytime in this lifetime. The other one that's makes me grind my teeth is "well, the project poo pood the bed". It seems like such a misuse of the word '****', and not compelling.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 07:44 pm

the opposite of bullshit is, of course, bulltrue...
hingehead

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 07:44 pm
@glitterbag,
Other oddities about this word are...

It has one syllable but can be pronounced with two to infer wonderment:

Shee-it!

Also has a very bodgy past tense

The motor shat itself.
roger

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 08:59 pm
@Region Philbis,
Bull **** is much more forceful than bullshit.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 09:45 pm
@hingehead,
I live right below the Mason Dixie line. People in North Carolina think I'm a Yankee, people in Boston think I'm a southerner. The word Sheeeeit is heard occasionally, but mostly from true and wannabe Deep South individuals. (Shuhhhh, this is a secret, many Southern States are still pissed they lost the Civil War.) You will hear them refer to "the war of northern aggression", after they plead it was about States rights. I suppose there is some truth to that, the Union took away the right of States residents to own other people. It's all nuts, nobody wants to own our true history.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 09:07 am

i was hoping to get tickets to monday's game, but i'm **** outta luck...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 09:09 am

http://img3.etsystatic.com/002/0/5677449/il_fullxfull.355552143_3w56.jpg
0 Replies