Thumbs Up - Thumbs Down

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 06:40 pm
This is a topic that fits squarely in most of our craws.

A suggestion - Identify the thumbers

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 06:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Or, remove the numbers and let people collapse individual threads and posts without it being interpreted as a vote for or against someone.
0 Replies

JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 06:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don’t pay attention to the thumbs feature on here. It’s like who’s the most popular high school student. That being said it’s my opinion that if they were to reveal the thumbers it would cause so much animosity between members the forum would be even less active then it already is.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 06:52 pm
To a large extent, I've given it up. All it does is let someone know that someone else is still reading that crap.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 07:02 pm
I would like to confront my critics who have the balls to be such.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 09:30 am
Did a quick search and found this thread...

I have noticed that the thumbs up and thumbs down thing is a bit odd... Some people seem to go through every single thread and thumbs down particular people's every single post. At what point does it just make sense to ignore that user instead of thumbing down every single post?

Equally odd is the numerous thumbs up for insulting posts... did civility die while I was away?
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 09:36 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Equally odd is the numerous thumbs up for insulting posts... did civility die while I was away?

Howdy, McG. Was civility here before you left?

Actually, it was more civil a long time ago, when the moderation was tighter (or present).
margo

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 01:38 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Actually, it was more civil a long time ago, when the moderation was tighter (or present).

Maybe the moderator has gone off the booze!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 May, 2013 08:41 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Howdy, McG. Was civility here before you left?

hmmmmm, good point.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 29 May, 2013 08:48 pm
Like the weather, you can talk about it, but it ain't changing. Not until the hamsters decide on revamping again. Personally, I rarely thumb anything down, but I often thumb up. Sometimes the gesture is simply to counter another poster's thumbs down action. Ignore is the way to go if you want to avoid someone.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 29 May, 2013 08:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Like the weather, you can talk about it, but it ain't changing. Not until the hamsters decide on revamping again. Personally, I rarely thumb anything down, but I often thumb up. Sometimes the gesture is simply to counter another poster's thumbs down action. Ignore is the way to go if you want to avoid someone.

not a bad idea...maybe we should wage some war on all of the negativity that floats around here!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 29 May, 2013 09:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

not a bad idea...maybe we should wage some war on all of the negativity that floats around here!

That would be waging war on A2K's life's blood.
0 Replies