PQ Could do with a little help

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 07:07 pm
Hello everyone,
I never thought I'd do this (I will understand if this page gets removed), but I don't have too much choice at the minute.
As some of you know, my absolute DREAM is to direct opera and it's what I spend my entire time trying to break into at the minute.
Leaving university with absolutely no funds I slept on my friend's floor next to some rat traps and worked in a call centre for a month in order to pay for a deposit on a room. Now I'm in pretty dire straits but my career comes first and I've been working all I can each evening in a call centre to pay for all the unpaid work I need to do to. Currently I live on a food budget of £1.50 a day, and I have a tooth with a cavity right down to the root, but I've been stuffing it up with chewing gum because my education and my career are so much more important to me .

I'm on a really wonderful course at the minute which is teaching me an immense amount about theatre and the relationship between text, music and gesture within opera. It is a MASSIVE struggle for me to be able to pay for it, so I have a sponsorship page here:
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=RuthMariner

ANY donation, however great or small would mean the absolute world to me, I couldn't thank you enough. I'm sorry to have to ask, I would never normally do this. I'm not from a wealthy family and have always had to pay my way, whether that was as a teenager doing a paper round to pay for my piano lessons, or spending my entire life savings to get me to Cambridge.

I hope that no-one finds this post offensive. I do really appreciate everyone I speak to on here, and I hope asking for this won't change anyone's opinion of me.

Lots of love

pq x
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,245 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 07:30 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
PQ, I like you, as you know.

My straits are more dire, I can top your stories, so I'm no help. One of these days I will disappear online.

I understand your reaching out.

You are right, this may be shut off, way wrong re our terms here.

your education and your career are more important - please.
0 Replies

Ice Demon

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 07:33 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
You're confusing me Queen. Should I trust your puppy eyes or the Queen Grimhilde framework?
If I don't donate, will you poison me with an apple, only to be paralyzed until my true love lands a big smooch on me beautiful lips?
0 Replies