I was woken at the dead of night by

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 01:55 am
my dog, who pee'd in the kitchen again, after not doing so for hours, days. I was starting to think she was over with all that. She wanted to tell me about it and to let her out for more.

So here I am at 2 a.m., awake.

I'm a person who likes the whole daylight savings stuff - but I know others disagree.

How're you doing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,080 • Replies: 6
No top replies

saab

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 03:28 am
@ossobuco,
I have a rather punctual inner clock, so I can tell the time without a clock. Not exactly, but good enough
When I wake up at 6.30 it is 7.30 so I feel I overslept for one hour. At dinnertime I am not hungry as my stomach says 5 and the clock 6.
That is the purely egoistic side of it,
It is not easy for farmers, people who depend on medicine on exact hours, little children and many others.
The amount of costs to change all official clocks, trains, etc.
It is dark if you have get up early in the morning so you do use the electricity in the morning which you save in the evening. Someone has found out we use more electricity with the change than without.
For you living in a part of the world where the nights come fast it is different.
For us living in the north and we have bright nights till around 10-10.30 we really do not need it till 11-11.30.
For us who have no air condition it was nice to air out on a hot day around 9 and for a couple of hours before going to bed. Now it is not really possible in the same way.
I would agree with it for a couple of months but not for 6 months.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 03:40 am
@saab,
I was awoken by the central heating despite the assurance of my daughter that she'd turn the heating off when she went to bed. I'm cross.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 04:13 am
No need to bitch about daylight savings. It's gonna happen anyway &((IO&%^
0 Replies

saab

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 04:43 am
@izzythepush,
Daylight saving or not - if I wake up in the middle of the night I go to kitchen and make myself some Danish open sandwiches and a cup of tea and enjoy the quiet house.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 04:50 am
@saab,
We don't call it daylight savings. We're currently on GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) sometime in April the clocks will go forward an hour, and then we'll be on BST (British Summer Time).
saab

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:07 am
@izzythepush,
Always learn something new

We call it normal time or winter time and summer time.
I think many of us connect the word summer time with lazy days, vacation, sun, swimming or whatever we like in the summer and not some clock changing.
0 Replies