Upset about Bush Inc. Lies? Read this!!!

pistoff

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 07:11 am
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARCH 19, 2004
11:23 AM
Jessica Smith or Trevor FitzGibbon 202-822-5200

Leader of US Anti-Iraq War Coalition Cites Unraveling Of Bush Alliance as Leaders React to Deception on WMD - TV Ad Will Begin Airing on Saturday Calling on Congress to Censure the President

WASHINGTON - March 19 - The rising chorus of complaints from allied world leaders about being misled into the Iraq war underscores the need for Congress to hold the president accountable for deceiving Americans and our allies to justify the invasion and occupation of Iraq," said former Congressman Tom Andrews, leader of Win Without War, the largest mainstream coalition of organizations that opposed last year's invasion of Iraq. "Congress should censure the president for distorting and manipulating the truth."

In a statement released yesterday, Polish president Aleksander Kwasniewski said: "I feel uncomfortable due to the fact that we were misled with the information on weapons of mass destruction." The newly elected Prime Minister of Spain said that President Bush, "… will have to reflect and engage in some self-criticism, so that things like that don't happen again."

"We can't win the war against terrorism without allies, and we won't have any left if our president's word can't be trusted," Andrews said. "This is becoming a matter of our national security."

"Since the president won't admit error and take responsibility, Congress should act to reestablish our international credibility. The best way to restore the confidence of our allies is to pass a resolution that censures President Bush," he added. "We have to send a signal that our leaders can be trusted in matters of war and peace."

This week Win Without War held a press conference with mothers of US soldiers who served in Iraq, and delivered petitions for a censure resolution signed by over 500,000 Americans. On Saturday, MoveOn.org, a Win Without War member organization, will begin airing a TV ad calling for censure.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 786 • Replies: 9
No top replies

doglover

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 12:35 am
Re: Upset about Bush Inc. Lies? Read this!!!
pistoff wrote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
In a statement released yesterday, Polish president Aleksander Kwasniewski said: “I feel uncomfortable due to the fact that we were misled with the information on weapons of mass destruction.” The newly elected Prime Minister of Spain said that President Bush, “… will have to reflect and engage in some self-criticism, so that things like that don’t happen again.”

Polish President Kwasniewski and the newly elected Prime Minister of Spain are more than likely two of the leaders who told John Kerry they hope he defeats GW Bush in November. Clearly, neither of these men have confidence in George Bush's ability to lead and that he is a president whose word cannot be trusted.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 12:40 am
Others
I suspect there are many other leaders who aren't real pleased with Bush Inc. With the USA now threatening Syria and Iran, the USA is making quite a few nations even more nervous.
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 12:43 am
I don't know why Kerry's claim about foreign leaders wanting him instead of Bush comes as a surprise to anyone - including Bush supporters.

Bush supporters have been saying since Iraq invasion that the opinions of foreign leaders - especially European leaders - meant nothing, a scoffing at their refusal to support us on Iraq Invasion.

So now Kerry says foreign leaders prefer him over Bush. What's the shock? Just ask Zapareto [sp?] or Chirac or Schroeder.

Bush supporters are so funny to me. They don't care what foreign leaders think of Bush, but they get all upset if they're reminded foreign leaders don't like Bush. Curious contradiction.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 12:44 am
Re: Others
pistoff wrote:
I suspect there are many other leaders who aren't real pleased with Bush Inc. With the USA now threatening Syria and Iran, the USA is making quite a few nations even more nervous.

Yes. And by doing so, increasing the United States chances of another terrorist attack. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 07:57 pm
The incompentence of continuing Cold War policies in Iraq has made America less safe, less strong, and definitely less secure. This is in direct contradiction to the duties of the Commander-In-Chief, and we allow him to continue down this road at our own peril. Bush picked up the ball that was dropped when Clinton won the presidency. It was as if 8 years never happened. They were wrong then, and wrong now. What amazes me is that so many Americans are willing to lie and confuse the issue to protect their witless leader. Are they Americans really, or are they more like the foreign interest in tapping cheap labor across the planet to fill their coffers with fabulous wealth? Don't forget, business in bed with government is fascism, not Americanism. Business wants to not be interfered with by government, supposedly. But now they are directing government.

OIL IS KING
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 08:08 pm
I wonder who Bush thinks is going to be able to do the fighting if they continue their campaign? The Boy Scouts? Without conscription, even poor job prospects likely won't lead to enough people signing up!
Lets not forget that Rumsfeld still intends to "re-organize" the military, and decrease the number of combat arms units in the military in favour of more "tech."
0 Replies

max3

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 07:25 pm
Bush-the smart guy
Everyone knows hopefully that it isn't like Bush is making mistakes about Weapons of Mass destruction or things of the like. He is simply lying. When I hear of foreign leaders hoping that the "mistake" does not happen again, it's just crazy because it was no mistake, it was just a collaboration of lies. I hope everyone out there has read Michael Moore's novels or at least seen 9/11.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 07:27 pm
Welcome to A2K max3. I think you will find that the majority of posters here, despite their political affiliation, are very well informed on modern politics and events.

Cheers

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 07:28 pm
Hi max; welcome to A2K.
0 Replies