One Year Later: Where Are Those WMD?

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 10:52 pm
Hi Peeps! I'm new here, but see some familiar names. On the one year anniversary of Invade Iraq, I've taken a moment [many, actually] to give thanks to the soldiers who serve our country and especially those 550+ who've lost their lives. But one year later, no WMD. Fmr Sec of Treasury Paul O'Neill said Iraq was a sham. Fmr Terrorism Czar Richard Clarke says Iraq was a sham. Fmr Ambassador Joseph Wilson said Iraq was a sham. And his CIA wife's identity was outed in retribution. Fmr 4 Star General Supreme Allied Commander Wesley Clark said he was told by contacts still in the Pentagon that Iraq was a sham. Cabinet. Intelligence. Military. State Dept. How many different representatives from varied organizations have to come forward before the fog clears from everyone's mind? Such a travesty. BUSH MUST GO!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 906 • Replies: 18
No top replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 11:51 pm
Buffy...you made it!
Did you bring HST with you?
You will find that many on the far right cannot get the idea out of their heads. Thye continually repeat the mantra "we just haven't found them yet," or my other favourite, "Well, it doesn't matter because Iraq is free and they can all eat whoppers and use cell phones now!"
Yeah, right!
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 12:04 am
I sent hst2 a PM, with this website and an invite from you and doglover. Hopefully, he'll join us.

Richard Clarke fmr Terrorism Czar will be on 60 Minutes Sunday. I'm interested in what he has to say.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 12:16 am
Prepare for the true believers to begin naysaying it from the moment it airs.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 05:41 am
Welcome Buffy
Hi Buffy, you may remember me as Snappy. Smile

I got banned from SS and could sign in with another nick and email addy but I won't. Most of the people there are just too stupid for me to bother with. Even the ones here that are sometime obnoxious are still witty and challenging at times.

The folks here are more polite mostly and there is actually civil debate here at times and most have IQ's above room temp. :wink: Hope you enjoy this place.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 05:51 am
Re: Welcome Buffy
pistoff wrote:

I got banned from SS and could sign in with another nick and email addy but I won't. Most of the people there are just too stupid for me to bother with. Even the ones here that are sometime obnoxious are still witty and challenging at times.

The folks here are more polite mostly and there is actually civil debate here at times and most have IQ's above room temp. :wink: Hope you enjoy this place.

Gee thanks. :wink: What a nice thing to say. Very Happy

On the issue at hand. They won't find any WMD's until they can be planted. I read somewhere once that war is nothing more than armed robbery "writ large". They've got it-we want it-lets take it. Now I wonder what the shrub could have wanted from Iraq???
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 07:15 am
Uh....
Wilso, if ya don't know that by now ya must be reading impaired. :wink:

Hope the Aussies can get enough people awake down under to vote out that horrible Govt. ya got there.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 07:49 am
That's looking more and more likely right now. And the best part is that the most likely person to be the next Prime Minister once described George Bush as "The most incompetent and dangerous person ever to hold the office of President of the United States".
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 08:12 am
If the report of March 13th in the Tehran Times is to be believed, these WMDs will be 'discovered' a few days before the election. Sufficient time to alter votes in favor of the President, but too late for his opponents to question or disprove the quality of the evidence.
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 07:02 pm
It doesn't matter where the WMD's are! This war was not about that. We went to war because we care so much for the Iraqi people! We don't want there to be anymore "rape rooms" or mass graves!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 08:42 pm
Unless "we" build them, in the name of a kind and loving god. Confused
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 10:59 pm
pistoff wrote:
Hi Buffy, you may remember me as Snappy.

Wow, there really are all sorts of folks here I've seen before. Why on earth did you get banned? I was often amused by your debates with Semi, oh he of the gunloving fanatics. That guy probably sleeps with his gun dressed in a laced nighty LOL

All sorts of protests marked the anniversary of Invade Iraq. And what does Bush do? Mocks Kerry like a grade schooler.

Bush. Must. Go.
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:05 pm
pistoff wrote:

I remember you Snappy. What did you get banned for?

I got banned for repeating personal information that Mom49of4 wrote herself.
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:14 pm
Camille LOL poor Mom seems lost without her buddy Baba and the DWD thread got locked one day last week.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 12:25 am
Banned
I never bothered to find out why I got banned. I am guessing it was because I got a little too insulting to a few of the genius right wingnuts. :wink:
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 01:12 am
Did Baba get tossed again?
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 01:17 am
LOL Hell yeah. I wasn't on SS when she was Sapphire, don't think I knew why she got banned under that name. I believe Baba was banned for a racial slur, maybe others can elaborate. And Intergalactic Kegger was banned - I think - for once again questioning the sexuality and manhood of a male poster. So Sapphire/Baba/Intergalactic Kegger was a ?? / Racist / Homophobe. She's back as LittleSnowbird, but sticks to Open Mike. I've seen her only once or twice on Nationals, but she's definitely watching her p's and q's. She came back as "Sapphire" briefly, probably thinking they wouldn't remember that screen name was banned and she just lost her password. She was banned within a few hours of using that name. LOL too funny. Poor Mom doesn't know who to yap behind, but her hubby Warthog generally comes to her [Mom] rescue when she becomes excessively foolish. And then there's also "Monte" who latched on to the easily manipulatable Mom like white on rice.

See what you've missed? Laughing
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 01:27 am
I got zapped as equaninimus for losing my temper with mom 4 of 409 and saying that perhaps she shouldn't have bred in the first place. I probably deserved to be banned. Sad
I lost the password to my smurfybob ID (before you were there) since it went to my UMBC email address, which I hadn't checked since finishing, and which they discontinue six months after you are no longer a fee paying student . Then, as hobbitbob, I left after getting a death threat from airman. I did file a complaint with teh Anne Arundel police department, which never followed up with me, but considering some of the AAPD people I met while working in EMS in MD, I'm not surprised. I also wonder if it might mean he isn't really a policeman like he claims to be.
But, no matter, this is a much friendlier place, with more things to discuss, more people form around the world, and more actual discussion of the topics at hand. I do not miss the digression to name calling by post number three.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 01:40 am
John Webb wrote:
If the report of March 13th in the Tehran Times is to be believed, these WMDs will be 'discovered' a few days before the election. Sufficient time to alter votes in favor of the President, but too late for his opponents to question or disprove the quality of the evidence.

I guess I am still a little suspicious of this news report. I would not be overly surprised, and I still wonder if Hussein wasn't kept on ice until he was needed to boost poll numbers.
The important thing about the report, and I have found it repeated in Arabic news sites, is that it is immediately palatable to those who have already found reasons to distrust "our" intentions in the region. Face it, we went from great credibility in the ME prior to the overthrow of the Iranian government in the late 1950s, to next to no credibility after, to less than zero credibility now. The Kay reports, and reports from former admin personnell who have verified that Bushcorp (thanks pist) have been following the PNAC blueprints rather closely, have made us something of a foreign relations pariah.
Contrary to what many "conservatives" claim, the US needs credibility. It does matter what other nations think about "us." Militarily we are stretched dangerously thin, and should an incident occur in Korea, or Eurasia where the US needed the assistance of its allies, I wonder how willing they would be to assist? Would they even believe us? Would they perhaps think that the administration had manufactured , or perhaps the "selectively edited" the evidence?
I think the "Powell-point" presentation at the UN was the straw the broke the camel of US credibility's back. After that collection'o'whoppers the rest of the world would, if standing in Seattle in January, and rather wet, not believe it if the US government told them it was raining.
How do we get out of this fix? How long will it tak? Can we get out of it?
0 Replies