The Academy Awards Show!

Mon 25 Feb, 2013 01:54 pm
Okay…I watched the Oscar’s show…and I was disappointed that Argo won Best Picture.

Argo is not a bad picture…in fact, it is a rather entertaining flick, but in my opinion it did not hold a candle to Lincoln.

Daniel Day-Lewis won Best Actor…and that was as it should be. I thought Sally Field’s portrayal of Mary Todd Lincoln was stupendous…and I was rooting for her to win Best Supporting Actress…but that went to Anne Hathaway who apparently delivered a solid performance in Les Miserables. Haven’t seen it yet, but all indications are it is a terrific movie.

Frankly I’ve seen three movies that were nominated that I consider better than Argo (Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty, and Silver Linings Playbook)…but the Academy voters saw things differently.

I guess the gowns and jewels were supposed to indicate excellence. Frankly, it looked more like excess…and some of the livery was terrible. But to each his own.

Seth MacFarlane was adequate…but whoever writes his jokes ought to find a different career.

Good thing I am not a billionaire. My guess is I would end up broke trying to buy Charlize Theron.

Anyone else watch? Your thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,236 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

Lola

Mon 25 Feb, 2013 02:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I saw the AA show. The people, gowns, suits and presentations were glossy and appealing. I agree about Charlize Theron. Beautiful and posed. Seth MacFarlane was, I agree nothing more than adequate. I haven't seen any of the movies other than Lincoln. I was glad to see Daniel Day-Lewis win. He's an interesting man. But I also liked seeing Ben Affleck win for Argo.
0 Replies