Does "all overturned" mean "Will Hunting denied all the charges (mayhem, theft, resisting)"?

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 11:12 am

Context:
Mayhem, theft, resisting. All overturned, Good Will Hunting quotes. Find all lines from this movie.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 500 • Replies: 4
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
engineer

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 11:30 am
@oristarA,
"Overturned" in this case means a conviction for a crime (in this case the crimes of mayhem, theft and resisting arrest) was erased.
oristarA

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 11:37 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

"Overturned" in this case means a conviction for a crime (in this case the crimes of mayhem, theft and resisting arrest) was erased.

So Will Hunting went free without being prisoned?
engineer
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 11:38 am
@oristarA,
Yes, at least not for those crimes. Convictions can be overturned for a variety of reasons. He might have presented evidence after the trial showing he was innocent. There might have been procedural problems that allowed him to go free without making a statement of his guilt or innocence. All you can say is that the conviction was voided.
oristarA

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 11:47 am
@engineer,
Thank you Engineer.
0 Replies