What if...

Heywood

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 11:09 am
What if...
It was a democrat who continued to sit reading to children in a classroom when he was told that the United States was under attack?

What if...
It was a democrat who after 9-11 said he would catch Osama Bin Laden "Dead or Alive", then NEVER SAID HIS NAME AGAIN FOR YEARS AFTERWARD? (conservatives always stay hush-hush about this point... no matter how hard you try, theres no way to make that look good).

What if...
It was a democrat who decided to do a jet landing on an aircraft carrier (when he could have easily taken a chopper), and strutted around in front of a "mission accomplished" sign, while troops continue to get killed?

What if...
It was a democrat who was bumped ahead of 500 other candidates to get a sweet position in the national guard and avoid serving in 'Nam, then was allowed to leave to help out with an election campaign?

What if...
It was a democrat who decided to invade Iraq unilaterally and using false intelligence?

I'll tell you: The conservatives would be foaming at the mouth in rage, thats what. But since its a Republican doing all this (and a Bush at that), they have to stand by their man.

Come on, guys. Step back and at least TRY to look at Bush with something other than blind worship.

I did, and came to the realization that he has done WAY more things wrong than right. He represents almost everything I don't like in people and politics. Thus, my ABB stance was formed. Kerry is no knight in shining armor, but I sure as hell think he can do a better job than the prick in office now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,689 • Replies: 25
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 11:27 am
Re: What if...
Heywood wrote:
What if...
It was a democrat who continued to sit reading to children in a classroom when he was told that the United States was under attack?

One plane into a building is an accident. after the second plane hit, Bush was immediatly mobilized. The mis-characterization on this event continues to amaze me.

Heywood wrote:
What if...
It was a democrat who after 9-11 said he would catch Osama Bin Laden "Dead or Alive", then NEVER SAID HIS NAME AGAIN FOR YEARS AFTERWARD? (conservatives always stay hush-hush about this point... no matter how hard you try, theres no way to make that look good).

Actions speak louder than words. Had a democrat done this, and STOPPED looking, then there would be an issue. You are mistaking the medias A.D.D. with something the government has done or said and that reflects poor judgement or your part in my opinion.

Heywood wrote:
What if...
It was a democrat who decided to do a jet landing on an aircraft carrier (when he could have easily taken a chopper), and strutted around in front of a "mission accomplished" sign, while troops continue to get killed?

Rolling Eyes

Heywood wrote:
What if...
It was a democrat who was bumped ahead of 500 other candidates to get a sweet position in the national guard and avoid serving in 'Nam, then was allowed to leave to help out with an election campaign?

Or if a Democrat showed his real cowardice and hid in England during the war?

Heywood wrote:
What if...
It was a democrat who decided to invade Iraq unilaterally and using false intelligence?

Based upon the same evidence, I would have given them the same support.

Heywood wrote:
I'll tell you: The conservatives would be foaming at the mouth in rage, thats what. But since its a Republican doing all this (and a Bush at that), they have to stand by their man.

Pfft. Nonsense.

Heywood wrote:
Come on, guys. Step back and at least TRY to look at Bush with something other than blind worship.

I did, and came to the realization that he has done WAY more things wrong than right. He represents almost everything I don't like in people and politics. Thus, my ABB stance was formed. Kerry is no knight in shining armor, but I sure as hell think he can do a better job than the prick in office now.

Maybe you should let your hatred mellow and try to figure out just why so many support Bush instead of trying to figure out why they don't.
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 12:51 pm
Re: What if...
McGentrix wrote:
One plane into a building is an accident. after the second plane hit, Bush was immediatly mobilized. The mis-characterization on this event continues to amaze me.

Do you know why this perception continues? BECAUSE ITS TRUE. Why don't you look at the video yourself?

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/schoolvideo.html

Bush is notified of the second attack, and you know what he does? He sits there. He talks to the children. He does NOT "immediately mobilize".
Note: I don't agree that "Bush knew" as the site alleges, but I sure as hell believe my eyes when I see Bush do a whole lot of NOTHINGwhen he is told of the attack. Wake up, man.

As for your "actions speak louder than words" comment:
First, you don't address the question. If it was a democrat that did this, you'd be pissed. period. But of course you just can't fathom looking at Bush in a less than glowing light, so you just gloss over it.
Second, have you noticed the news lately? About how there is a "renewed effort" in the capture of Bin Laden? My question is "why the f*ck does it need to be "renewed"? It should have been at a fever pitch the entire time! Just imagine if instead of going to Iraq, we sent even HALF of those troops to Afghanistan. We could have caught this assh*le by now.

"Poor judgment on my part" my ass.

I like the way you dodged the National Guard question by averting to someone else. Nice try, but no dice.

I'm not even going to touch your comment about the intelligence. If you don't see it by now, you never will. We knew Iraq was no imminent threat to us. Stop bullsh*tting yourself.

I swear to god, its sooooo hard to not just light into you for your bullsh*t comments.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 12:58 pm
Well, just keep sucking at the media teat that you apparently can't get away from and you will always be at the mercy of their sour milk.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 01:01 pm
No need to suck at the media teat if one already know the truth, eh?
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 01:08 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Well, just keep sucking at the media teat that you apparently can't get away from and you will always be at the mercy of their sour milk.

Ok man. I'm really starting to get fed up with your crap.

I started writing this extensive response, when I realized that it would be wasted on you. You'll just gloss over the stuff that shuts down your argument, make a smart ass remark and contribute nothing to the post.

There are other conservatives here that can actually address these things, and I'll listen to what they have to say. If I wan't your opinion, I'll fart. Now go away.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 01:28 pm
Obviously you don't think your sh*t stinks. Did you bother to read your little hypotheticals? Each one has so little bearing on the truth your lucky I even bothered to answer to begin with. Wonder why none of the other conservatives have posted? It's not worth their time!

You say "continued to sit reading to children in a classroom when he was told that the United States was under attack?"

That's crap. Your implication is that he ignored the events, or showed cowardice, or some other thing that puts a bad light on what happened. Let me ask you something...When did you stop beating your wife?

You say "NEVER SAID HIS NAME AGAIN FOR YEARS AFTERWARD?[/i]"

Are you sure this is what you want to say here? Never? Really? You don't think you're being overly dramatic to get the response YOU want? What would you like? a bunch of quotes about this? Look 'em up yourself.

You say "decided to do a jet landing on an aircraft carrier (when he could have easily taken a chopper), and strutted around in front of a "mission accomplished" sign, while troops continue to get killed? "

Bush was a fighter pilot in the Air national Guard. He didn't "strut" around anywhere. The Aircraft carrier's mission was accomplished as well as the end of major hostilities (in other words we were no longer bombing the crap out of them.) Your continued use of hostile words and intentions is boring.

You say "was bumped ahead of 500 other candidates to get a sweet position in the national guard and avoid serving in 'Nam, then was allowed to leave to help out with an election campaign?"

I reply with a "who cares", let's look what the last democrat president did to serve his country. The dem's didn't seem to care then, but now it matters when THEIR candidate has some medals (which he threw away...oh, wait, he just threw someone elses medals away...) to show off.

You say "decided to invade Iraq unilaterally and using false intelligence?"

Hindsight is great, isn't it? Unilaterally as in a 42 nation coalition with forces from multiple nations? I have always understood unilateral to mean alone. apparently it means something else to you.

Now you say "Ok man. I'm really starting to get fed up with your crap.

I started writing this extensive response, when I realized that it would be wasted on you. You'll just gloss over the stuff that shuts down your argument, make a smart ass remark and contribute nothing to the post.

There are other conservatives here that can actually address these things, and I'll listen to what they have to say. If I wan't your opinion, I'll fart. Now go away
."

Heaven forbid someone should disagree with you or your un-enlightened opinions. You will listen to no one unless they spout the same drivel as you do and are as blind as those you castigate. Get over yourself.
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 01:35 pm
I am so glad our country is so more united now that Bush is in office, all the fighting is over, and dignity has been restored to the White House.....NOT.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 01:37 pm
MCG, Can I ask you how long you've been a Republican, or at least, how long you've followed the conservative ideal?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 01:39 pm
kickycan wrote:
MCG, Can I ask you how long you've been a Republican, or at least, how long you've followed the conservative ideal?

Well, you can ask anything you'd like! Cool
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 01:41 pm
Hee hee.

Okay, then. How long have you been a Republican, or at least, how long have you followed the conservative ideal?

And I also wonder how long Heywood has had his liberal leanings.
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 01:46 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Bush was a fighter pilot in the Air national Guard. He didn't "strut" around anywhere. The Aircraft carrier's mission was accomplished as well as the end of major hostilities (in other words we were no longer bombing the crap out of them.) Your continued use of hostile words and intentions is boring.

You say "was bumped ahead of 500 other candidates to get a sweet position in the national guard and avoid serving in 'Nam, then was allowed to leave to help out with an election campaign?"

I reply with a "who cares", let's look what the last democrat president did to serve his country.

<snip>

Get over yourself.

My, my.....

Bush was trained to fly fighter jets. He was never a fighter pilot as he never saw any live action. He only piloted the fighter jets for a temporary period because you are grounded without a current medical exam on record.

Yes, Bush was pushed ahead of other candidates and got a plumb position stateside because of who his father was and his connections. Very few would not use the same out if they could.

He also was allowed to go work on an election campaign and not remain with his unit for the same reasons.

Who cares? Nobody would care if Bush was honest about it. Sealing records, and producing pay stubs and dental records as proof he showed up is just ridiculous.

I remember the last democratic president and I remember the current president calling him a draft dodger. Well, it takes one to know one.

I say who cares what the last democratic president did? Two wrongs don't make a right. One party doesn't get a freebie because the other party did. The last democratic president is not in this race, so what is past is past.

When Bush can actually show accomplishments instead of hiding everything about himself, refusing to testify to 9-11 commissions, and mud slinging, maybe I'll consider him a viable candidate. Until he begins acting like a leader and not an arrogant cowboy, I want him out.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 01:50 pm
kickycan wrote:
Hee hee.

Okay, then. How long have you been a Republican, or at least, how long have you followed the conservative ideal?

I registered Republican when I turned 18 and have voted for who I thought would be the best representative in every election since.
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 01:56 pm
Heywood, your statements aren't completely true. I'm not happy with Bush either, but I'm not going to twist the truth to try and convince people.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 02:06 pm
Okay, McG, now don't you see how in all the years you've been a republican, you might possibly have a lot invested in that view? How you might change your arguments to fit the view? How you might defend certain actions by the Republican party, even though there are probably times when you have challenged the same behavior by a democrat? I'm just asking you to look inside and see what you think.
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 02:10 pm
kickycan wrote:

Believe it or not, I was actually a republican since 18, was fairly moderate (Never could agree with the hard right stance) for a long time.

THEN came the 2000 election. Good lord, I was disgusted. Particularly with Bush's antics and his attitude. I started reading up on the guy, and the more I learned about him the more dissapointed I got. (Everything from his pride in putting to death so many people in Texas to his spoon fed wealth to his oil connections, and even his AWOL thing in 'Nam, before the press made a big deal of it).

I think the best way I've heard him described was:
"Bush- born on third base... thought he hit a triple".

I started getting into the political scene, and realized I was with the WRONG party. However, work and school prevented me from getting around to changing my affiliation to "independant" until just recently.

There ya go.

By the way, Little Red, I'm not sure what your speaking about. The original post was to point out the hypocracy of the right. Basically, if the shoe was on the other foot and dems had done what Bush has done, the Conservatives would be going ballistic.

As for the thing with Bush and the elementary school, just check the link and see for yourself. No "twisting" involved. He was told we were under attack, then just sat there for WAY too long. His ass should have been up and out, ASAP.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 02:12 pm
kickycan wrote:
Okay, McG, now don't you see how in all the years you've been a republican, you might possibly have a lot invested in that view? How you might change your arguments to fit the view? How you might defend certain actions by the Republican party, even though there are probably times when you have challenged the same behavior by a democrat? I'm just asking you to look inside and see what you think.

Only on here Kickycan...only on here.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 02:20 pm
Okay, McG, I see where you're coming from now. As long as I can have hope that somewhere deep inside you might not be as rigid in your defense of the current crop, I can sleep at night. Thanks. Smile

And Heywood, I see what you're saying, but if you are going to talk about the hypocrisy of the right, you have to expect this to turn into a finger-pointing bloodfest. :wink:
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 04:32 pm
A lot of people complain about the intolerance of the conservative people, but I've run into quite a few intollerant liberals. The pendulum swings both ways.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 07:58 pm
I challenge you to name ONE bad thing Bush has done.
0 Replies