Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 04:23 pm
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk17/frankapisa/For%20a2k/newt_zps06d8b92e.jpg
NEWT GINGRICH

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk17/frankapisa/For%20a2k/nero_zpsc98f0d43.jpg
NERO

My question is...ummm...ah, never mind.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,684 • Replies: 21
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 04:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hah!

Let me ask you this, did you ever go (I bet you did) to the museum building, of 2 that are on the capitoline hill, the one with the room of roman busts? I'd never had the slightest interest in that kind of sculpture before, but that room was fascinating. This was probably in it, but I don't remember.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 04:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Nope...never went.

Nancy and I really have to plan a trip to DC soon. Great place...lots of interesting things to see...and great eating places.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 05:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I meant in Rome, at the Campidoglio. I'm a freeforaller on capitalizing names and places - you might have been there as a kid. (I'm a piazza freak)
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 06:22 am
@ossobuco,
I was in the Air Force when I was in Rome...back in 1956-1957. Actually stayed at a hotel on the Via della Conciliazione...the short street that connects the St. Peters with the Castel San Angelo.

Didn't manage to go to any of the museums in Rome...but did spend lots of time in the Naples Museum...and Pompeii, of course.
JTT

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 01:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I was in the Air Force when I was in Rome...back in 1956-1957.

Now I understand why you have such a difficult problem facing reality.

Did you get to bomb the piss out of any innocents, Frank, or were you a ground grunt?

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 01:27 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5255640)
Quote:
I was in the Air Force when I was in Rome...back in 1956-1957.

Now I understand why you can't face reality.

I have no problem facing reality at all, JTT.

Quote:
Did you get to bomb the piss out of any innocents, Frank, or were you a ground grunt?

Nope...no bombing. But I was in SAC in the 1950's...when it was the most powerful military force that had ever been seen on the planet.

But I was a desk jockey...what some called, a Remington Raider.

(I did have a EWP (Emergency War Plan) AFSC (Air Force Specialty Code) that would have brought me to the planes.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 01:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I know the street well - Mussolini got the borgo torn apart and put the street in. Some of us urban planning types later thought it quite the mistake.

I've never been to Pompeii (or Herculaneum) - but did get to Ostia Antica. Never been to Napoli - waaaaaaaaaaa! So much to see. And eat. How was the food when you were there?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 01:56 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5255640)
I know the street well - Mussolini got the borgo torn apart and put the street in. Some of us urban planning types later thought it quite the mistake.

I consider the Via to be spectacular. Seeing the Dome of St. Peter's in one direction and the Castel San Angelo in the other is amazing. The Castel cannot be viewed without having the haunting melody of "E lucevan le stelle" playing in one’s mind…and thoughts of Floria Tosca tossing herself from the great round rampart overwhelm.

Quote:
I've never been to Pompeii (or Herculaneum) - but did get to Ostia Antica. Never been to Napoli - waaaaaaaaaaa! So much to see. And eat. How was the food when you were there?

Food was great…but Pompeii is something for the ages. (I'd love to have visited Ostia.) My bucket list includes a return visit…and a return visit to London to the Tower…but most of all, a visit to the the Pyramids.
JTT

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 02:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Just a little functionary, eh, Frank? Kinda like the guys who arranged trains for the folks going to death camps. The only difference is you got to operate under the umbrella of a massive propaganda system that tricked folks into thinking the US was the good guys, the savior of the oppressed.

Trouble is, there's nothing in history that illustrates that. Instead, history shows that the US, and its air force, "the most powerful military force that had ever been seen on the planet" was bombing innocents the world over in make believe wars that had one purpose only, to help US business steal those poor people's wealth.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 02:11 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5257850)
Quote:
Quote:

Just a little functionary, eh, Frank?

Yup...just a little guy in a big, big military.

Quote:

Kinda like the guys who arranged trains for the folks going to death camps. The only difference is you got to operate under the umbrella of a massive propaganda system that tricked folks into thinking the US was the good guys, the savior of the oppressed.

Trouble is, there's nothing in history that illustrates that. Instead, history shows that the US, and its air force, "the most powerful military force that had ever been seen on the planet" was bombing innocents the world over in make believe wars that had one purpose only, to help US business steal those poor people's wealth.

It must be sad to have to live the life you are living, JTT.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 02:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah, I'm not as adamant on that as I used to be, but the urbanist pov was that Bernini, the piazza designer, didn't have an interest in there being a clear view to the dome.. walking through the the borgo and then through the massive columns brought you to a glorious surprise once you got into the piazza, whammo! There was another whole segment planned by him to complete the colonnade.. that never got built.

Some of that surprise is still there - if you enter the piazza having come from the Ottaviano train stop and not the via.

Diane and I both cried big hulking crocodile tears over the recent small movie, Tosca - about elderly opera singers still singing it. Oh, man...

My bucket list is all in my mind and heart. One of the places I'd like to spend a month or more is Sicily.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 02:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Honesty does have its travails, Frank, but hey, I can't expect you to understand that.

In point of fact, it took a mere child here at A2K to jar you "adults" into a semblance of reality. Even after she did that, y'all continued and continue to this day with your massive delusions.

Don't you think it's a sad existence just to pay your taxes to help support war criminals and terrorists who use your money to spray napalm over children, to spray WMDs all over the planet for all manner of innocent to play with?

{ _____________________________________ }

Space for Frank to put his trite delusional response.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 02:40 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5257881)
Quote:

Honesty does have its travails, Frank, but hey, I can't expect you to understand that.

In point of fact, it took a mere child here at A2K to jar you "adults" into a semblance of reality. Even after she did that, y'all continued and continue to this day with your massive delusions.

Don't you think it's a sad existence just to pay your taxes to help support war criminals and terrorists who use your money to spray napalm over children, to spray WMDs all over the planet for all manner of innocent to play with?

{ _____________________________________ }

Yup...it must be horrible. But...you gotta live it.
JTT

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 02:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
George Galloway on the O'Reilly factor (FOX TV)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgZbzfP7JIs&list=PLEC092A008EF9F05F

Bill O'Reilly does a Frank Apisa.

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 04:39 pm
@JTT,
Sorry, JTT...I do not watch video links.
JTT

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 05:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You don't do anything that might cause you to have to face the truth.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 05:53 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5258020)
You don't do anything that might cause you to have to face the truth.

One...I always face the truth.

Two...you are seriously out of control, JTT. Go rest.
JTT

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 06:01 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
One...I always face the truth.

Yeah, right, Frank.

"The US has made some booboos."

"The US has made some mistakes".

Quote:
Two...you are seriously out of control, JTT. Go rest.

More dishonesty, more apisaing from the guy who just lied above, by advancing the ludicrous notion that he "always face[s] the truth".

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2013 06:04 pm
@JTT,
Give it a rest, JTT. You are major league out of control.

Surely you can see it.

Take a break.