Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 08:39 am
My father smokes marijuana, my mother doesn't care although I've overheard arguments about this matter between them before, my mother begging him to stop. When I was younger I remember my father wanting to walk out on us, I wonder how my life would be like if he had. I do love my dad, but he has his 'moments'! Every family has that relative that has 'problems' with drugs, the thing is I have too many! He has his 'smoking buddies' and he smokes with them in the kitchen in our house. He used to hide it but I confronted him about it and all he said was "it's just weed, no big deal". Now he doesn't even make an effort to hide it. He has a separate wallet with his 'drug money' hidden in his drawer. I don't know what to do! What would happen if my friends found out, I would get bullied about my dad being a 'druggie', I don't want that! I've thought about suicide and everything but maybe he would hit other drugs (if he hasn't already). I'm only thirteen,how do I handle this situation, or get him to stop?

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 09:17 am
@helplessteengirl,
Let him alone.

I'm sure you'd be surprised how many adults in the U.S. are just fine with people smoking marijuana. It is his business, his pleasure.
Since your mother is all against it and it is her house too, maybe they should work it out so he smokes elsewhere, but that is their concern.
helplessteengirl

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 06:50 pm
@ossobuco,
But I need him to stop! It's not just for my welbeing, its for my brother and mother and his! It is a drug and it's illegal for a reason, he's braking the law! Shouldn't he stop?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 07:02 pm
@helplessteengirl,
He probably needs to relax what with the rest of you all agitated.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 07:17 pm
@ossobuco,
To be serious, I've no idea if he smokes it too much and not responsibly.
I can see why he might want to leave you all moral insistors.

A large amount of americans, which I am guessing you are, leave people some room to smoke marijuana.

I can see though, that if I hated it, I wouldn't want to be married to anyone who smoked it, so I get your mother's point of view, and it is her house too, and you are on her side.

He might smoke too much, plus in the house, and that is a concern.

They need to work their stuff out.

helplessteengirl

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 12:45 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm not American. My parents aren't married either, in my opinion I think he might be smoking too much and he's endangering himself and others in the house!
ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 12:52 pm
@helplessteengirl,
here

helplessteen asked this about 8 years ago (though it was both parents)

http://able2know.org/topic/48375-1

really - talk to your mother - this is not for you to deal with
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 12:54 pm
@helplessteengirl,
helplessteengirl wrote:
It is a drug and it's illegal for a reason, he's braking the law! Shouldn't he stop?

it's not illegal everywhere

the whole "illegal for a reason" issue is political

there's nothing morally wrong with it
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 12:54 pm
@helplessteengirl,
helplessteengirl wrote:

But I need him to stop!

why?
0 Replies