Random weird thoughts

aspvenom

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 05:45 am
@chai2,
Well from the financial perspective it sure is a richer life.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 07:30 am
Two words that I hope to never hear together again....but I know I will, and probably within the hour......"Weight Watchers"

Good God. There are these 2 people on my job, who sit within earshot, that ALL day long are Weight Watchers this and Weight Watchers that.

I want to tell them to go eat a decent meal so that they are not sitting there thinking about food all day. A meal that doesn't involve crap from a box, or plastic, or some other prepacked container.

OOOOO.....this is two points, this is five points, I still get 17 points today. Most of the food they talk about all seem to be about desert, or some kind of snack.

It's like some kind of religion with them.

I have no idea what they are talking about, but apparently they are hungry all day, and once I eat, I don't think about food for hours, and don't really don't find it that interesting compared to whatever I'm doing.
mismi

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 01:02 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
That would have been a good threat.

"You better tighten up boy, or I'm exchanging you for a case of red solo cups."

I wouldn't need the solo cups if I traded him...or the other two for that matter. They make me laugh. Mostly. Especially when I am drinking out of my red solo cup. So the boys and the cups cannot be mutually exclusive.

I will not qualify that statement. Believe what you will. <eye brow raised>
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 03:04 pm
@chai2,
A few years back I gained 10 lbs after 6 months on WW. Definitely didn't work for me.
mismi

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 05:39 pm
@JPB,
Did you ask for a refund? Wink
aspvenom

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 05:54 pm
@mismi,
Whatever happened to the good ol days where ppl lost weight exercising not worrying about their food intake?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 07:08 pm
@JPB,
In this country people, women in particular fear food more than most of the stuff they should fear, like smoking related diseases, or putting themselves in dangerous situations.

I have seen so many women over the decades walk around in a constant state of anxiety over every bite of food they put in their mouths.

All these foods that have been the mainstay of various cultures for centuries, thousands of years, are suddenly seen as evil; rice pasta bread.

Whatever happened to eating a good meal that satisfies, so you aren't constantly obsessing about when and what you next get to eat, taking some light exercise, and not thinking about how your life would be so much better if you weighed some random amount less?

Look at this horseshit.
You really need all these charts and points and suggestions to make it through the day?
Pretty pathetic.

http://www.doc2apps.com/pics/Weight_Watchers.jpg

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 07:12 pm
http://lh3.ggpht.com/-JMy7IuSq4dA/TwdrUKLL3NI/AAAAAAAACyE/fnBDkR1zaLs/weight_watchers_funny_thumb%25255B3%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 07:40 pm
Random weird thoughts:

I think most tv murder mystery shows are getting more and more bizarre each season. Certainly more gory.

Should that have been gorier?

Almost everything is more complicated than you think. I just read an article on making Scotch in the New Yorker. It's an impossibly complex process that differs from distillery to distillery and area to area.

When I was twenty-two, I got paid $100 and all the Scotch I wanted to play guitar and tell jokes for three hours.

Joe(J. Walker Red)Nation
chai2

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 07:48 pm
@Joe Nation,
Even when I drank, I thought scotch tasted gross.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 08:28 pm
I could never handle hard liquor. Nearest I came to it, one night in Subic Bay I got down enough vodka that it no longer seemed to fight against me. But, I drank some rather large glasses of it in gulps after that and proceeded to spew it everywhere. "Get him out of here," the lead petty officer says and I have no remembrance of the rest of that night. In later life I became a beer drinker and I still have the occasional Miller or Lone Star.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 09:13 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

I think most tv murder mystery shows are getting more and more bizarre each season. Certainly more gory.

I don't have television, but have certainly been seeing the trend in mystery/detective stories, especially the series. It's as if the writer feels a need to come up with more evil and more powerful antagonists just to keep up interest. They don't. I would just love to see a good writer take up the challenge of tracking down a really successful shoplifter, or something.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2013 09:18 pm
I started differentiating crime procedural authors a while ago - some go for pulsed pizazz and some only use that once in a while to set a situation. Best sellers are tops on the pulsing.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 03:58 pm
I wonder how Stinky is?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 03:59 pm
@chai2,
perched atop my sweatshirt in hopes that I don't go back outside.

but he's outta luck.

I think the constipation was just a ploy for more canned food...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 04:18 pm
Wait...a few hours ago, I was waiting for our table to be ready at Cafe Mangia and I had a really random thought. Remember this for later. I told myself, but not I cannot recall what it was.

I think the lesson here, people, is don't try to tell me to do anything.

Joe(was it the dirtbikers? No, that's not it.)Nation
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2013 08:27 pm
The boydog likes rice gnocchi.

Thank goodness.

That was a sad misadventure into the gluten-free zone.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2013 08:31 pm
Men speaking Spanish.

Men with Latin American accents.

Totally makes me feel all Gomez and Morticia.

chai2

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:09 am
@ehBeth,
I always loved how she would completely ignore him whilst he was kissing that sweet spot on her neck.

I would have been all "gghhhhrrrrr"
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2013 06:59 am
Last night at one of the kids baseball games, the third baseman threw the ball home and hit the runner in the back...it probably stung a little...but all I could think of (since we were down 13-ONE (lerd)) was, " I sure wish this was kickball, then we would have our third out". Did you know there are actual kick ball leagues now? So weird to me.
0 Replies