Over the river and through the woods

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:53 pm
<grin>
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 10:06 pm
No traveling and no plans for dinner either.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 10:14 pm
Joanne ... its quite trip to Wisconsin from DFW, but you're welcome here. You can even bring a pet or two, as long as it would be your intention you return home as a group.

timber
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 11:31 pm
That is so sweet timberland Laughing , you even thought of the Bean and Carlotta. Actually we will be fine here, I have been alone on Thanks Giving many years now and I am used to it. It is just that tonight for some reason I felt like answering this question honestly. For so many years people I worked with or friends would bring up the same question and I always just nodded and said yes I had plans. But it doesn't seem right to do that any more. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:42 pm
Lucked out this year I got an invite to my Aunt Jane's in Dallas. Very Happy Not much of a trip though from Fort Worth to Dallas. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:58 pm
I have a traditional family get together at my sister-in laws', who lives up the road a piece!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:00 pm
Great news about your invite, Joanne! Not much of a trip at all, but if you plan it right, and don't balk at considering a park a "Woods", you can manage a real "Over the River and through the woods" Enjoy ... and let us know how it went!

timber
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:16 pm
Well I could go to dallas by going to North West Fort Worth first and cross the Trinity river and then I could keep my eyes peeled for a stand of live oak trees and pretend they were woods.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:17 pm
Well I could go to dallas by going to North West Fort Worth first and cross the Trinity river and then I could keep my eyes peeled for a stand of live oak trees and pretend they were woods.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:45 pm
Is Thanksgiving this weekend, into next week sometime?

Thanksgiving-less Aussie needs to know!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 06:46 am
Next Thursday is turkey day or Thanksgiving in the US. But we have to talk about it and plan for it. Actually most of us think it is the best holiday we have since we meet, eat, and talk. It is a real family day.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 06:57 am
The only traveling I'm doing is I 'm WALKING to the store 1 mile down the road! Rolling Eyes b
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 06:59 am
I'm headin' up to Tarana to spend the weekend with the dogs . . . er, Lovey, no, i meant Lovey . . . really, i did . . .
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 07:00 am
You better mean Lovey or not turkey for you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 07:02 am
I doubt i'll get any turkey-bird, anyway, JD--them silly ol' Canajuns has their thanksgivin' in October . . . her M & P are comin' to visit, so i'm hopin' we can go to this Cuban restaurant she keeps promisin' to take me to, and never does . . .
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 08:21 am
Yummy, I love Cuban food. Last summer in D.C. friends took me to a Cuban retruant, I was straving and the waitress bet me a free dessert if I ate everything which I did. My treat was tres leches, yummy.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 08:32 am
Never had any of that Cuban cuisine, Boss, i'm lookin' forward to it . . .
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 09:07 am
You will like it I am sure. Tell us more about Candian Thanks Giving. I have to admit I did not know they had one.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 09:38 am
It's pretty much like ours, 'cept they have it on a Monday in October, which means they don't get the four-day weekend enjoyed by most Americans. When i was up there last year, i took the dog to the park, where a i met a gentleman who takes the American thanksgiving holiday off each year so he can watch all the football games on cable. I think he began to doubt my credentials as a bona fide American when i told him those games didn't interest me.
0 Replies