Over the river and through the woods

jespah

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2002 04:38 pm
Are you traveling anywhere for Thanksgiving this year? In Canada (since you just had Thanksgiving), did you go anywhere? If so, how did (or will) you travel, on what are some of the most heavily-traveled days of the year? I'm talking about your principal mode of travel, e. g. if you took a cab to the airport and then flew, I'd say you flew.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 5,351 • Replies: 38
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2002 05:03 pm
My next trip will

(probably) take me to Chicago, from there I'll hop on a plane to San Diego. From there I'll be sent to anywhere the blimey

military wants me to go (maybe to San Antonio for boot camp). ;-(
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2002 01:10 pm
Travel Forum
Embarrassed

It seems I got my wish to be Moderator/Editor of the Travel Forum. Let's keep this forum 'active' by sharing your travel

experience(s) or by asking questions. I have extensive travel experience, and am eager to share information and

suggestions. Idea Please share any travel ideas that may 1) save money, 2) save time, 3) best mode of transportation, 4)

best travel companies, 5) best bargains, 6) best destinations, 7) what not to miss, and 8) anything else you think is good

information to share. Thanks, c.i.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2002 01:36 pm
Hey, CI! Welcome!

Walter Hinteler will be sharing this forum with you (Editor-wise).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 08:05 am
New poll response:

o I don't know yet
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 08:34 am
setanta and one of his buddies were here for part of our Thanksgiving weekend, so i ended up skipping it - they were in and out before we normally celebrate, and their visit meant i couldn't travel to my parents. Another year.
0 Replies

Pharon

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 07:03 pm
It's not really a bnig thing here in S.A.
we usually have a family thing on xmas, but for some reason "thanksgiving is more of a friends than family time.

We all go out drinking.
Laughing
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 07:40 pm
No travel here -- I'm cooking. But hubby will be driving 50 miles to pick up his Mom and then 50 miles to take her home. I'd rather cook.
0 Replies

Pharon

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 07:46 pm
I can't say I blame you
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:14 pm
I'm headed to Cape Cod for t-g'ing. I got an email from my dad saying that my mom's cousin's widow will be coming with her shitzu and her maid. Hmmmm, maybe I won't stay the night......
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:21 pm
That sounds like the makings of a really funny movie, littlek
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:24 pm
Ha! It does. She's a very quirky latina from New Orleans. She'll be coming with my great uncle whom I love dearly.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:31 pm
Hmmmm ... a shitzu with a maid ... An intriguing concept.

We'd planned a simple just-us-and-the-critters Thanksgiving, even to the point of securing a small turkey suitable for two with allowance for tablescraps to the puppies and just enough leftovers to not become tiresome ... or moldy. Over the last 24 hours, we've discovered two of the fledged ones, having "No other plans", have decided, independent of one another, to grace us with their presence. One is bringing a dog we are to "Watch for just a little while until I get all settled with the new job and apartment". Mrs. Timber scowled balefully and refused to convey to the dear ones my suggestion one or both arrive prepared to take us all to a nice restaurant. I hope I like our new dog.

timber
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:37 pm
Are they newly fledged?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:42 pm
No, they've both completed college, traveled widely, assumed their own lives, secured employment, established credit, and been gone for years. But then, they're not really gone 'til all their stuff is out of the loft and the basement, I suppose.

I'm sure the dog will do fine here, even if it doesn't have a maid.

timber
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:45 pm
I guess if you knew the shitzu was a boy, that sentence would make more sense.....
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:45 pm
I usually drive a few hours the day before so I can cook for everyone.
Its gonna be kinda nice to just drive a little bit away where someone else has done the cooking!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:47 pm
That'll be nice!
My bro and I requested turkey (well, ma did ask what we wanted). I was going to tell her that wasn't neccessary, but my brother made me promise I wouldn't. Both he and I will do our share of the cooking.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:51 pm
temberlandko -- hate to tell you this, but I don't think they're ever really gone even if their stuff is. They need you and they'll be back. That's what parents are for.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:52 pm
Turkey.....its a necessity..isnt it?
Although..my mother had a few years she did Ham on Thanksgiving and Turkey at Christmas...drove me nuts!
My first weekend home from college however, she did ask for a special request....and mine was..full Turkey dinner.
She made it in the microwave however but, I give her kudos for it actually tasting half decent and making the grand effort since she had obviously decided she was never cooking again...couldda let me know, I wouldda went with salad.
0 Replies