Berty McJock

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 06:42 pm
@Bennet,
cheers for clearing that up bennet, i missed osso's post Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 06:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks. I needed some good news. Hope it continues to be good.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 06:51 pm
If you have to treat her for diabetes, elect for an IM shot that you give her once a day. Its easier than doing the eye or nasal drops
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 06:59 pm
@farmerman,
We'll see... I'm hopeful diabetes won't pan out. But yeah, I would do shots if it comes to that.
Eva

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 12:07 am
@ossobuco,
VERY glad to hear the good news! For both Katy and you!
0 Replies

arieana

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 12:26 am
@ossobuco,
Oh Osso, I do hope she will be alright <sigh>...
dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 08:41 am
@ossobuco,
Hope she is her lovely self soon!
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 08:53 am
@dlowan,
Morning report -

last evening, as we were retiring, she came and nosed me, I followed, big flood in the kitchen. (sigh)

but - I have this positive feeling that this will lessen as the antibio does its thing. There are still a lot left of the pills.
She seems to be drinking less water now, as I think I posted yesterday.
0 Replies

Hulk

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 08:59 am
If this has been going on for some days now, don't you think you'll save yourselves the displeasure of mopping the floor or drying the carpet by buying that poor dog with an onset bladder control problems a diaper. The last thing you wanna do when you wake up is clean piss of the floor. I think I'm turning green just thinking about it.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 09:03 am
@arieana,
Thank you, arieana.
0 Replies

Hulk

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 09:07 am
That's the first time I've seen someone thank a troll, or it might be a bot, I'm not sure. Ariena seems to only copy and paste what others have posted. For example that above quote is just a copy-paste snippet from Izzie's quote on the first page. Be wary of her.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 09:07 am
@Hulk,
I will if it doesn't clear up - but I expect it to, even if diabetes comes into it, that can be controlled.

On the horror of all the dilute piss, I used to be a research + clinical lab tech. I've seen worse (she laughs).

Green huh?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 09:10 am
@Hulk,
Ah, I didn't catch that - I usually do. (sigh)
Izzie

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 10:48 am
@ossobuco,
Ahhhh Osso - I'm so pleased they know what was causing the problems and do hope there won't be further complications <work antibiotics, work>! Hope she is feeling much better soon.

Keep us posted with what the vet says with any further testing. (Hoping Pdawg may turn up to give you some advice if possible.)

Chin scritches for Katy and (((Osso))) for you. xx

<I've been botted, so I have! Shocked >
Kolyo

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 02:53 pm
Well, I'm glad to hear it's probably just an infection. Pet diabetes is one of the many things that keeps me up at night. My mother's cat is at risk for that. (The way she feeds that thing you'd think she was trying to invent a new version of foie gras.) But it's good to know that even if a pet does get diabetes, you can take care of it with one shot per day.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 03:00 pm
@Kolyo,
Oh, yeah. Little K fostered her cat with diabetes for years and that was pretty life-constraining for her. Drops and nasal flicks (whatever you call them) bother me, as me - I've got a thing about dogs' faces and don't want to mess with them, though I use drops every day for my own eyes (not diabetes).

I suppose you have had talks with mom? I am guessing she can't deprive that look in the cat's eyes and the vocal pleas at food time.

I was worried about diabetes first, because Katy was a fair chub according to records just before I got her in May this year - 72+ pounds, and 67 + the week I got her. Now she's at 55.7, just right for her size and build. The waltzing tub has stopped going back and forth.

"(The way she feeds that thing you'd think she was trying to invent a new version of foie gras.)"
That was a great funny/sad sentence.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 03:18 pm
@Izzie,
I was botted too once. Strangish feeling. I had a glimmer that that was odd from someone I never heard of - but I remember that when I signed up for, first, abuzz, and later, a2k, I would be sincere.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 03:30 pm
@ossobuco,
That is good news! What a relief.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 03:33 pm
@ossobuco,
Oops, May was last year, but not very long ago.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 06:48 pm
@ossobuco,
2 puddles, later afternoon, about 3 out of ten, size wise.