Katy sick, wish us well

Roberta

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 01:41 pm
@ossobuco,
Hey, I take 11 meds a day. Sans gnocchi. It's good to be osso's dog.

Wishing Katy rapid healing. Wishing you a worry-free day.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 02:07 pm
@Roberta,
A splash Thursday (first day of new pills), one Friday, not so bad but...; none today so far but it's only mid afternoon.

These are quite boring gnocchi, flavor wise, though I did put in some parsley, but she likes them, good for a grab and gulpdown.

Eleven meds a day, uggy poo; me, I hate big pills, and I'm willing to bet you do too, Roberta.
Roberta

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 03:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Hey, gnocchi is gnocchi.

Nope, I don't hate big pills. I don't hate pills. I don't even think about pills. I guzzle two, sometimes three, at a time.

I would love to get your take on an Italian restaurant in my neighborhood I went to last night. Subtle flavors. Too subtle. I wanted more pop.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 04:04 pm
@Roberta,
PM me the name, eh? I'd enjoy looking at the menu.

I'm guessing northern italian..

signed,

garlic mama
Roberta

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 05:34 pm
@ossobuco,
Not northern or southern Italian. Just Italian.

Here's a link to the menu:

http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/bocado-cafe/menu
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 06:16 pm
@Roberta,
Seems sorta american cafe-ish, and does read bland, but that is probably the target audience, says Ms. Picky.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 11:46 pm
what are we to read into changing your avatar off of Katy? Does this mean that you are getting ready for her to pass?
Ragman

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 11:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yet another tribute to poor judgment. Did you think with all the dog lover's here you'd find an approving audience?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 12:21 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Yet another tribute to poor judgment. Did you think with all the dog lover's here you'd find an approving audience?

as always I am here in pursuit of truth. you are really out of touch if you fancy that I might be playing for approval. Even Robert, a guy who has been around the block a time or seven, has commented on my apparent lack of interest in the approval of the mob.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 12:45 am
No, the opposite.
I'm half asleep, will report tomorrow.
boomerang

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 10:29 am
Oh my. I thought the same thing as hawkeye when I noticed the avatar change. I realized I'd fallen behind on this thread and rushed over to make sure I hadn't missed something.

I like the new photo though! Yeah osso!
Swimpy

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 10:35 am
@ossobuco,
Osso, we have the same "do"!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 11:23 am
@boomerang,
That didn't occur to me - aside from the combo infection that I am guessing she has had since at least sometime in January, when it was dawning on me that she was drinking a lot of water, she's Miss Peppy Dog and Ms. Food Scarfer, besides being Love Mobile and Loud Mouth Protectoress on occasion.

On the round of specific (I certainly hope) antibiotics that started last Thursday, she has now taken 14 of her 126 pills (and the prescription has a refill notation). I expect that she took a while to develop this and that infection wipeout won't be immediate.

Besides, can you imagine me thinking Katy was dying and taking her photo avatar off? (I know you can't, that it was just jarring.)
Whenever I put up a photo of me as avatar, it doesn't stay very long, maybe a month. I was inspired by Wandeljw's and Ragman's recent computer photo shots.

On the spills, 5 starting (continuing what was going on before) Thursday through Sunday, none from midnight sunday until now around noon on Tuesday. We've had non-spilling before, but this is heartening.
boomerang

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 11:30 am
@ossobuco,
You're right. I couldn't imagine you doing that but I WAS really concerned until I got here and caught up on Katy.

I thought it was a grief induced change and I was worried.
vonny

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 02:07 pm
@ossobuco,
Hate to say it, but I was worried too! So glad to see your most recent post
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 02:15 pm
@boomerang,
I was more freaked about imminent rampant infection when she first saw the vet about this. It's still possible in the future, but I don't see it going on now and apparently the vet doesn't either.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 02:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Meantime, Big Nosed Girl is learning to eat peanut butter cookie treats slowly, with me hanging on to bits of slightly warmed cookie while she changes from big gulp mode to theething and savoring.
vonny

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 02:58 pm
@ossobuco,
She's doing well, bless her. A lot of love between you, and it shows! So glad things seem more hopeful.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 03:53 pm
@vonny,
It's always nice to see a face to a name, I've seen you change it once since I've been here and I think you had Katy with you in that shot Osso... But, lovely photo leave it up longer than a month.

Glad she is improving.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 04:40 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
It's an odd photo. One eye, my right, is looking at you, and the other seems to be looking down. That's a long story, but the eye is actually looking out too.
(adds, I gather the computer photo thing is a mirror)

Tangent - I think photos of people as they age are important. If anything people are equally or more interesting with time passed, just when others are least interested, by and large.
Katy still looks and acts young, except she has some chin/muzzle white.

Foundy, I am guessing you saw a photo of Pacco and me. I still have it in my avatar cluster.

I need more photos of Katy. Still haven't figured out if my old nikon is debilitated; I gather so, and here I bought new lithium batteries. I have to reread the manual, as it's been years since I routinely used it. Still need to learn to download from my digital canon. Face it, I've grown to be a tech phobe.