Freedom to arm bears.

raprap

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 08:53 am
Woo Hoo!!!

Indiana is posed to make the possession and concealed carry of fully automatic knives legal. Hope it applies to my Bowie Knife. Nothing is better for personal protection than a 14" blade.

Indiana Senate unanimously passes bill that would make switchblades legal

http://www.2-clicks-collectableknives.com/images/image/automatic-switchblade.jpg

Rap

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 14 • Views: 2,235 • Replies: 18

DrewDad

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 09:53 am
@raprap,
But the spring is purely a cosmetic feature!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 11:33 am
@raprap,
Question: If I wanted to reply to you...and actually put that image back into my reply...how is that done. (I don't really want to do that...but I have in other threads and I cannot figure out how to get the image from one post to another.)
DrewDad

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 11:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Two ways:

First way:
Step 1: Hit the "quote" button on the post that has the image.
Step 2: remove the
Code:[quote="someusername"] and [/quote]
code.

Second way (for Firefox users):
Step 1: Right-click the image, select "Copy image location."
Step 2: Start a new post
Step 3 (if necessary): Click "Open BBCode Editor" right above the text window.
Step 4: Click the "Img" button
Step 5: Paste the image location between the image tags.
farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 11:44 am
@raprap,
Switchblades are now legal in Pennsylvania, but these are now called "Spring assisted folding knives"
Pa requires that , for these knives to be legal, the spring must connect the blade directly,(There can be no "button" that dispatches the spring that opens the blade. The "Button" is now part of the blade.
I have a SOG knife I use in the foeld an its a spring assisted and it frees your hands up if youre holding something else. So, in Pa, we have legal switchblades and stilletos, so long as the blade /button rule is obeyed
The SOG knife has a blade that is non wobbly (like the way most of the old "Italian" switchblades used to be)
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 11:57 am
freedom to arm bears? Naturally I approve.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 12:40 pm
@raprap,
Testing, testing.

http://www.2-clicks-collectableknives.com/images/image/automatic-switchblade.jpg
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 12:40 pm
@DrewDad,
Thank you....it worked.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 12:44 pm
Grrrr Bears,

http://goleoboy.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/bears-bear3.jpeg
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 12:54 pm
@jcboy,
Grrr...arms. And bare arms at that.

http://goleoboy.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/bears-bear3.jpeg
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 01:51 pm
@jcboy,
Someone needed to put on more sunscreen....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 01:59 pm
@farmerman,
Ahem, very far in my past I was in TJ (Tijuana) for an afternoon with a boyfriend and his younger brother, and the brother bought a switchblade, which one of them suggested could go in my purse crossing the border. Faint memory was that it was the brother. I had, as usual, a big purse full of crap and snuggled it somewhere near but not at the bottom. Already I had a criminal mind, too many agatha christies, ya know. The border patrol (u.s., I think) did check my purse, all was fine.

Luckily the brother turned out not to be a serial killer in later life.
Far as I know.

Criminy, I was a dummy.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 02:12 pm
Father-in-law had owned a small knife factory - switchblades/flick knives were easier to manufacture than bowie-/hunting-knives.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 04:33 pm
I routinely carry a knife (made in China, voo den) that has a faux scrimshaw handle and is very fine steel. When opened manually (only way that it will open), the blade locks into place and the whole piece is rigid with nothing wiggling by so much as a mm. To close it, one must press a 'button' to disengage blade from haft. This was purchased not too many years ago in a souvenir store in Rockport, MA, so these thingies must be legal in Massachusetts.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 06:04 pm
I still can't legally carry my bowie knofe that I would like to wear on the right side of my holster belt in public in the town near herem although I can carry my 44 Black Powder Remington Revolver (Replica) on my left (I have a carry permit).

Nice, useful knofe (almost a hatchet) too. Made out of a worn out band saw blade--folded 20 times by a blacksmith buddy. The handle was made out of worn out leather shoe soles and it has (and holds) an edge that is almost sharp enough to shave with.

If only it was a switchblade it could be legal. Wonder if I could put a cosmetic spring on it.

Rap
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 12:20 am
raprap = redunacyredundancy

At the least.
raprap

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 01:50 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Not really---The Bowie knife is a far more utile tool than the Remington. I can eat with the knife.

Rap
timur

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 02:57 am
@raprap,
However, a toothpick gun can be handy:

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s376/MRT5150/Gundam%20GB/FirstDayofSchool2012019.jpg
0 Replies

mostlyfun

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 01:39 pm
@raprap,
I need one of those.
0 Replies