How do business taxes work when your business is located on the border of two cities?

Thu 17 Jan, 2013 10:11 pm
Hello Friends,

How do business taxes work when your business is located on the border of two cities? The business is located on the border of Los Angeles and Beverly Hills. I am receiving statements from both cities about business tax registration. Do I need to renew my business tax license in both cities? Do I need to provide gross receipts generated to both cities? Do I need to pay business taxes in both Los Angeles and Beverly Hills? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks In Advance,
Romen Esko
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,200 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

Ticomaya

Fri 18 Jan, 2013 12:25 am
@Romen esko,
So you've moved from St. Louis and Kenya and have now settled down in L.A.?

Is there really no way to eradicate these spam bots? They seem to be multiplying.
0 Replies

Romen esko

Mon 21 Jan, 2013 01:34 am
@Romen esko,
Hello Friends,

You can't be on the border. You are in one or the other. For example I'm told a property tax case happened because the house property had a city line go through the house. The court decided the city that had the main bedroom on their site was due the taxes. I'm not sure of the accuracy of it but only one city has authority on you for sure. Check with the property owner where the business operates on who pays the taxes and to who. I'd say that says where the business is.

Thanks and Regards,
Romen Esko
0 Replies