Rumsfeld displays 9/11 debris in his office

PDiddie

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 04:20 pm
I thought that I was past the point of outrage with this sick bastard:

Quote:
The removal of souvenir debris from the scenes of the Sept. 11 attacks reached the highest levels of government, including Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and FBI Director Robert Mueller's chief of anti-terrorism, a Justice Department investigation has found.

The report said the Justice Department inspector general confirmed that Rumsfeld "has a piece of the airplane that flew into the Pentagon" inside his Defense Department office.

Chief Pentagon spokesman Lawrence Di Rita said Friday night that Rumsfeld has a shard of metal from the jetliner that struck the Pentagon on a table in his office and shows it to people as a reminder of the tragedy Pentagon workers shared on Sept. 11, 2001.

Apparently this behavior is rampant:

Quote:
The practice was so widespread inside the FBI that it even forced prosecutors in Minnesota to drop plans to prosecute a company that had taken a fire truck door from the World Trade Center, according to a still-confidential report obtained by The Associated Press.

Rumsfeld Has Souvenir 9/11 Debris

I thought the flag-draped gurney and the crashed buildings in Bush's ad were atrocious, but this... Evil or Very Mad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 932 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Jer

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 04:31 pm
Okay then...
Because it's rampant must make it okay then! At least that is what seems to be the feds' take on it.

So they didn't prosecute the company for removing the fire-truck door because internally souvenir collecting had occurred? Why not prosecute everyone who collected souvenirs?

Thoughts?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 04:39 pm
Here's what the link says, Jer:

Quote:
The bureau announced it was banning agents from taking items from crimes scenes, but no agents were being charged with crimes because the bureau did not have such a policy during the Sept. 11 investigation.

A lawyer for retired agent Jane Turner, who blew the whistle on the FBI's removal of souvenir debris, said agents should have been charged.

The amount of theft from Ground Zero by federal officials is shocking," attorney Stephen M. Kohn said. "Every federal employee who stole or converted property from that crime scene must be held fully accountable under the law."

At least some seem to have had the thought that there was something wrong with this:

Quote:
The report stated FBI agents who worked in New York repeatedly expressed their disgust that visiting colleagues and supervisors would "want to take items, including pieces of the building which were contaminated with blood and human body parts."

The report disclosed that among the items taken, agents had cut World Trade Center security patches from the sleeves of shirt pieces found in the rubble.

I just wonder what stopped them from collecting peoples' teeth and making a necklace out of them.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 04:44 pm
Regardless of whether or not the bureau had a "policy" in place, taking something from the scene of a crime for personal use would have to fall under some law - wouldn't it??
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 04:54 pm
Look for
items from the crime scene in GW Bush and VP Cheney offices.

What did these GW Bush folk do to prevent 911 and what did they do on that day?

Did GW say on that day, after he finished reading to children for 20 minutes, after he was informed a second plane hit the towers, "I hit the trifecta." ?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 04:57 pm
I don't know, Jer, but it certainly violates every semblance of decency I am aware of, and that is more my problem with it.

Republican conservatives are quick to object to the comparison, yet the truth is the Nazis did this same sort of ghoulish personal collecting of victims' effects.

Would someone dare post in defense of this abominable conduct, or can we all agree that it is horrid?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 04:59 pm
Human nature?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 05:13 pm
It is still sick, deb. That it maybe human nature does not excuse it.

This isn't rubber-necking at an auto accident on the freeway or gawking at a train wreck.

Are we to hold our leaders to a higher standard of conduct...or aren't we?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 06:37 pm
Standards
Republicans set their own standards. They do what they want and the rest of us must click our heels and obey their orders. If we don't bow to them we are deemed, traitors &/or enemy combatents. Patriot Act 2 Go read it.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:37 pm
You can bet Donald will sell his trinket for a great deal of land somewhere...

They should, by rights, return all the stolen pieces of the tombstone and put them together in a museum somewhere nearby. It's only fitting to honor the dead this way.

The dishonoring of them has in fact quite a lot to say about our rulers looking for profit ( they call it mementos, of course) among the ravaged dead.

This disdain for human life is a big problem...perhaps the singlemost biggest problem the human race faces. It's chilling to think Rumsfeld wants to be reminded everyday of this tragedy.

I saw an ad supposedly compiled in October of 2002 that exemplifies this flag-draping to cover some insidious and immoral underpinning regarding the WTC Disaster. Let me go back and pull it over here. If you think Donald Rumsfeld is a disgusting subhuman with a blackened husk of a heart, wait until you see the link.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:40 pm
http://members.cox.net/classicweb/Heroes/heroes.htm

Starts out slow, but then they throw it in your face, quite literally. The idea that this isn't an ad for Bush is absurd.

Hitler spread fear.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:46 pm
Here's some good Bush ads, with plenty of honor and integrity: Shocked

http://www.bushflash.com/nuke.html
http://www.bushflash.com/nazi.html
http://www.bushflash.com/mlk.html
http://bushflash.com/ma.html
http://www.ericblumrich.com/thanks.html
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:48 pm
Teeth for trophies, now that pretty much sums up neocon ideology in a profound way. I wonder what the going price for a WTC relic is?
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:52 pm
dlowan:

"Human nature?"

Unfortunately, yes. Taking trinkets from the graveyard is a time-honored grave-robber tradition.

Whoever said the dinosaurs "terrible lizards" are extinct is a fool. They go extinct with every generation of humans, and boy, they use those sharp teeth, armor plating and fierce horns and claws to cling to their power as they go...
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:56 pm
Pistoff is right in alignment here too with noticing we have reptiles for leaders. Bush display zero emotion when he was informed about the attacks. He acted like nothing was happening for Christ's sake. And he had to realize a plane could be coming his way soon, and I am not talking Air Force One. So what does he do, he continues on to complete his visit as if nothing was afoot, and putting an entire school of children in great danger for staying there.

Callous beyond belief, and arrogant as all hell. That's what we have for rulers. But that is downright typical of rulers. Why are we suprised? Because we thought they were representatives?

Please read byline below:
0 Replies