two months, three days, ten hours ago...

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 11:42 pm
I don't know if this where I should be for this discussion. Seems like there is nowhere to go. I was raped two months ago and everything in my life has changed. I had a happy life. Every time I close my eyes i'm there again, in that parking lot. Many of the details I have forgotten but I remember too much. I remember being pulled from my car. I remember his hands around my neck choking me. Then it happened over and over again. Nothing has ever hurt so much. When I was left for dead why didn't I die? Why is someone left alive to deal with this? How does someone deal with it? My wife looks at me with pity in her eyes. I'm a strong woman so why couldn't I fight him off. I tried so hard to make it stop. Now I can't make the nightmares stop. My wife can't touch me, I can't sleep or eat. There's too much pain. Where am I supposed to go from here?

jespah

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 08:30 am
@youcancallmejane,
To therapy. And, frankly, I''m surprised you weren't urged to do so at the time. You know, by the cops, the examining physician, your wife, the prosecuting attorney, the judge in the case ....
0 Replies

sarah1998

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 03:11 pm
@youcancallmejane,
As a rape victim I can tell you this..
-it gets worse before its get better
-it takes time.. Prehaps even A LOT of time..
- and you need hope and self belief in order to move on,or even begin too move on

Its a horrible thing,and I can feel for pain, believe me. But all I can say is hold on, these men will get what's coming to them one day,I promise. And most of all, express your feelings to someone every now and then..

Problem shared is a problem halved.
I hope things get better
And I really feel for you..
0 Replies

Berty McJock

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 03:24 pm
sarah and jespah are right.
you should talk about it with someone you can trust, and who's opinion you value. you should look into counselling , at least consider it.

and above all, remember...it wasn't your fault.

time will heal the pain. be strong and you will come out the other side, but you need to talk about it.
0 Replies