Can someone get me started, here?

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 08:58 am
How to classify my topics into the music forum, and why a topic of mine was removed?

View best answer, chosen by ProphetDBeats
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 09:06 am
@ProphetDBeats,
Did you drop a potentially spammy thread? We have a strict spam free policy.

This forum isn't a spam and go dumping site.
0 Replies

Region Philbis
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 09:09 am
@ProphetDBeats,

if you tag your topic Music, it will become part of the music forum.

to find out why a topic was removed, you can click Contact Us at the bottom of this page...
0 Replies

ProphetDBeats

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 09:31 am
@ProphetDBeats,
thanks everyone, my questions are answered

and yes, my post was potentially spammy, so i will gain some forum reputation before making another post of that nature
Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 09:58 am
@ProphetDBeats,
I think you may be still unclear. Once again, you CAN'T post any spam. Regular users can't and irregular users can't either!
ProphetDBeats

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 10:29 am
@Ragman,
so.... you have a music area.... but a person that makes music is not allowed to share what they make?

im not trying to use the forums for sales or promotion, im just simply trying to share my work!!
ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 10:47 am
@ProphetDBeats,
You'll probably be o.k. if you follow whatever advice you got in response to your question to the folks that run the site.
ProphetDBeats

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 11:53 am
@ehBeth,
thank you!!
margo

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 02:06 pm
@ProphetDBeats,
and the ad I see at the end of this thread is for a free anger management CD!
Ironic, wot!?
djjd62

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 02:19 pm
@margo,
ha, mine is for a feminine hygiene product and mentions a new way to handle menopause (a sort of anger management i suppose Razz )
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 02:34 pm
@ProphetDBeats,
I think you'll be ok too. Just don't put a link to a website of yours (or others where your work is) on a post. I think you can give a link on your profile, but I'm not sure if that is true.
ProphetDBeats

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 02:38 pm
@ossobuco,
i linked my profile to my youtube page, but nothing ever showed up, said it was supposed to put my videos on my profile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 02:45 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I think you may be still unclear. Once again, you CAN'T post any spam. Regular users can't and irregular users can't either!

Well, yes, kind of. I couldn't promote a website, product, or service of my own, but if someone is asking for identification of a specific book or carburator cleaner, I might very well post a helpful link. In fact, I recall starting a thread called "A blatant product endorsement". So far as I know, it's still out there, somewhere, though I haven't checked.

By the way, I think the OP is on the right track, in view of the way he is taking the comments. Not to mention, he didn't drop a post and disappear.
panzade

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 02:46 pm
@roger,
Yeah, I'm looking forward to their music input.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 03:26 pm
@roger,
But you are a known poster not dropping a planted advertisement. (Not that I think Prophet was meaning to mess up.)
Well, planted, in that you like whatever bicycle blog or company it is, but not understood as self promotion.

The years I had the gallery in northern california I never mentioned its name. That was a little hard, but obvious that I shouldn't. I mention it once in a while now, as there are no bennies to me, though I wish my then business partner very well. I don't actively promote it, but anyone who knows me knows I love the place and care about my business partner, her husband, her son, his wife, the dog, the cats, and the horse, and the turtles.

As a website, a2k is generally (whatever else we argue on and on about) non promotional.
djjd62

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 03:46 pm
@ossobuco,
i wish i'd clicked on the link in prophetd's original post, it was a youtube link, i certainly didn't report it as i assumed it was just some music thing, then this thread started

searching out prophet d on google does show some sites were he/she sells beats (if it's the same person), so perhaps something in the youtube link was against the TOS
ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 03:54 pm
@djjd62,
But meantime I'll show a photo I don't think I have before, because of the gallery name, of myself and my niece. She looks great, me with heft and a mustache from the press on letters, but both happy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/ossobuco/Wreathandus.jpg
djjd62

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 03:57 pm
@ossobuco,
nice, two lovely ladies
ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 04:02 pm
@djjd62,
Thanks. It could have been taken as advertising by a sleepy mod or an awake one.

I am hoping Prophetd sticks around.
djjd62

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 04:06 pm
@ossobuco,
agree