Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 02:41 pm
http://thumpandwhip.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/JFKerryBandAid.jpg
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 03:56 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Quote:
A bothersome part with Kerry is his inability to smile. Is that angry mug really what we want to send out there to interact with world leaders?

Yeah, we wouldn't want a cold unpleasant and god forbid smug looking politician representing us. (Unless I guess it was Dick Cheney?)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 03:56 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Quote:
A bothersome part with Kerry is his inability to smile. Is that angry mug really what we want to send out there to interact with world leaders?

Yeah, we wouldn't want a cold unpleasant and god forbid smug looking politician representing us. (Unless I guess it was Dick Cheney?)
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 12:54 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
bin Laden was a clear and direct input from the President, that in finality was his choice to assassinate, and then dump the body in the water.

You so casually agree to the US being a rogue nation. Speaks volumes about you as a "person", Sturgis.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 05:28 pm
Quote:
(CNN) – Former President Jimmy Carter took a jab at President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton over their handling of Middle East peace negotiations in an interview published Thursday.

Heralding the nation's current top diplomat, John Kerry, the former Democratic President told TIME Magazine he has "great admiration" for Kerry and the two stay in touch frequently through email.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/04/10/jimmy-carter-knocks-hillary-clinton-president-obama-foreign-policy/?hpt=hp_t2

Well now, that explains a lot. We really did not need a delusional motor mouth in this chair, but that is what we got.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 05:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
Indeed. If Carter is criticizing Clinton and Obama and siding with Kerry of Vietnam, I may have to recalibrate my opinions of Hillary and Barrack.

Not-with-standing what he may have done relative to Habitat for Humanity (and here I would bet big money that he insisted on personal marketing) he has been as lousy an ex-president as he was a president. Won’t this peanut farmer ever shut the hell up? (I wonder if he lusts in his heart for the nurse who changes his Depends?)

Kerry of Vietnam is, perhaps, even more narcissistic than his boss (which is saying a lot). I could be wrong, but I doubt Obama is ever going to get a face-lift. (But then "black don't crack")*

This guy will try and do anything to line himself up for a Nobel Peace Prize...even releasing American traitors.

“John Kerry of Vietnam reporting for duty!”

(I still cringe)

Thank God he's not our president.

*See, I knew Finn was a racist!
JTT

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 06:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Out of all your prezes, the only fella who could be described as an honourable man and even Jimmy couldn't escape the clutches of evil.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 07:15 pm
@JTT,
You've fallen two notches in my estimation with your praise of Carter.

Clearly, it's all about supeficial hype for you.
JTT

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 08:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
ReallyFinn, who knows and engages in superficial hype more than the USA and USians.

You only have to measure the evil the USA has done against the hype and how little Americans know about the real USA to see how good that hype has been.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:39 am
Quote:
John Kerry has almost certainly been called worse things than a space alien — certainly by Israel’s Right-wing camp, where contempt for the U.S. Secretary of State and his failed peacemaking efforts is unabashed.

But when the insult is levelled by the previously supportive Haaretz newspaper, the standard-bearer of the country’s liberal-Left, it may be time for him — and by extension, President Barack Obama — to take notice.

The withering description was coined by Barack Ravid, the paper’s well-informed and normally restrained diplomatic editor, to describe Kerry’s attempts at broking a truce to the bloody conflict in Gaza — rejected by Israel amid widespread mockery.

“It’s as if he isn’t the foreign minister of the world’s most powerful nation, but an alien, who just disembarked his spaceship in the Mideast,” wrote Ravid, even while softening his remarks by describing Mr Kerry as “a true friend to Israel”. Worse still from Kerry’s viewpoint, the journalist suggested that, Moshe Ya’alon, the Israeli defence minister, “may have had a point” earlier this year when he labelled America’s top diplomat “obsessive and messianic” in widely disparaged remarks over his abortive attempts to mediate a peace deal with the Palestinians.

The Israeli media carried similarly mocking depictions in abundance Sunday — all fuelled by senior figures in Benjamin Netanyahu’s government, who professed amazement at the terms of a proposed ceasefire deal which they said were skewed in favour of Hamas, the Islamist militant group.

Writing in Maariv, Ben Caspit called the U.S. Secretary of State “an ongoing embarrassment, with the characteristics of a snowball. The further he rolls, the greater the embarrassment”.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Criticism+space+alien+John+Kerry+doesn+bode+well+diplomatic+efforts+Israel/10067701/story.html

Can we have Hillary back? She did little/nothing, but at least she was not a rolling embarrassment.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:04 pm
@hawkeye10,
Not surprisingly Kerry of Vietnam was roundly criticized for his most recent inane proposal to resolve the conflict. It was truly laughable and an indication of just how clueless the face-lifted gold-digger is.

The frank speaking Ya'alon, by no means a diplomat himself, was spot on with his description of K. of V as "obsessive and messianic." If there is one person in this Administration who can equal Obama in narcicism, it's Kerry. He is utterly desperate to win himself a Nobel Peace Prize and is, against all reason and the sometime advice of his aids, bound and determined to broker a peace between the Palestinians and the Israeli. Unfortunately, for his lofty goal, he doesn't realize his contempt for Israel and Netanyahu is getting in the way.

It's not that he's an anti-Semite, I'm sure Kerry is contemptuous of the Palestinians too. He holds everyone in contempt who isn't Kerry of Vietnam.

He's trying very hard to remain loyal to Obama as he knows that without his support he has no chance at all of walking on stage in Oslo. However, I predict that before Obama's term is over, Kerry is going to say something in an interview or over a hot mike, that is going to cause him to run afoul of his boss. When planetary sized egos collide the result is catastrophic, and he needs Obama a whole lot more than Obama needs him.

He is one of those public figures who, when he leaves a room, you know everyone left turns to each other, shakes their head and say "What a dick!"

One of the most embarrassing moments in the history of US politics was when Kerry appeared on stage at the 2004 Democratic Convention and announced, with a salute: "John Kerry, reporting for duty!"

Thank God W beat him.

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 12:45 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
It's not that he's an anti-Semite, I'm sure Kerry is contemptuous of the Palestinians too. He holds everyone in contempt who isn't Kerry of Vietnam.

You might have seen one of my rants on the incompetence of the American elite, one of the main faults of whom is the consistent triumph of fantasy over reality. Kerry is the poster boy for these clowns. I have no doubt however but that The Professor is all in, that he does not see a problem with Kerry.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 06:46 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
This really healthy Finn, this pathalogical knee-jerk hatred of everything Obama.

I didn't act this way under the Bush Administration, there were several members of the Bush administrated I felt were competent and intelligent... certainly Colin Powell was, and although I disagreed with Condalezza Rice on many things, I certainly never had this level of personal hatred for her.

This rabid unthinking hatred isn't healthy Finn.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 10:43 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

This really healthy Finn, this pathalogical knee-jerk hatred of everything Obama.

What it is is a broad opinion among the American people that Obama is incompetent. What you take as knee jerk hatred is really pointing out this incompetence from various news stories of the day.

Kerry is a clown, Obama picked him, this is Obama's fault.

Likewise the global opinion of the American government is worse now than it was when Obama took the chair. This is primarily Obama's fault.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 11:01 am
@hawkeye10,
Time for the discredited John Kerry to resign

Jennifer Rubin July 30 9:46 AM

Quote:
Secretary of State John Kerry is getting bashed from all sides these days — Israel, the Palestinian Authority, the U.S. media, the Israeli media, Egypt and even ex-advisers. As chaotic as the Obama administration’s foreign policy may be — actually, because it is so chaotic — Kerry should consider resigning.

We face multiple threats, ranging from the rise of the Islamic State to the bloodbath in Syria to Russian aggression to the Iran talks, which seem to be going Iran’s way. On the merits, Kerry has shown himself to be unfit, and as a practical matter he is now a handicap to the president.

As a substantive matter, he spent endless time and capital on the “peace process,” which virtually everyone else could see was going nowhere. He has shown with his Hamas truce that he not only doesn’t understand Israel, our closest ally in the Middle East, but also doesn’t understand the significance of Hamas’s defeat in the greater regional conflict between Iran and its neighbors. He doesn’t know when he’s out of sync with allies and is a poor judge of our foes’ intentions. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) has pointed out that Kerry failed in Russia negotiations, Syria negotiations and “peace talks” between Israel and the Palestinians. Even worse, Kerry doesn’t know or accept that he has failed. A secretary of state this out of touch with reality can’t perform his job.

Even if you take a more charitable view of Kerry’s judgment, he has lost the trust of Congress. (So how can he sell an Iran deal, if he makes one?) He has lost the trust of Israel and Egypt. (So how can he sell them on an Iran deal or an end to the Gaza war?) Iran — which has played him on the interim deal to get sanctions relief for no irreversible changes plus a sunset clause to one day allow it to maintain an unfettered nuclear weapons program — and Russia have learned to essentially ignore him.

A secretary of state can be effective only insofar as he or she can speak for the president and his policies. Kerry can no longer do that nor relay in any credible fashion back to the administration and the American people the prospects for success in any significant negotiation. His departure, moreover, would give the United States an excuse to reset relations with allies and the White House’s relationship with Congress. Sometimes it is helpful to “wipe the slate clean” with a new figure who carries none of the baggage of past failures.

This is one instance where Republicans have a patriotic duty to help the president do the right thing — replace Kerry. There are certainly preferable Democrats who could be confirmed swiftly and with overwhelming bipartisan support. Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), former CIA director and defense secretary Leon Panetta or former California congressman Howard Berman all come to mind. Nonpartisan figures such as Ryan Crocker, former ambassador to Iraq and Afghanistan, who are known for successes and not debacles, would also be good picks. Republicans should forgo confirmation delays and confirm a highly qualified pick such as one of these.

It’s bad enough to have a president with little foreign policy sense or credibility, but such a president, when coupled with a discredited secretary of state, brings U.S. foreign policy to a grinding halt. In the 2 1/2 years we have left of this administration, we can do better than the Obama/Hillary Clinton/Kerry brain trust, which has landed us in the soup. It’s time for someone who knows what he is doing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2014/07/30/time-for-the-discredited-john-kerry-to-resign/?hpid=z2
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 04:45 pm
@maxdancona,
How many times must I tell you guys I don't hate Obama and whether or not he can be considered "of Obama," I don't hate Kerry either.

I obviously have a very low regard for both of them, but hate is far to strong a word to describe what I think about them. I currently don't hate anyone in the world. If I did I would want very bad things to happen to them and prefer to deliver them myself. I don't at all feel this way about Obama and Kerry. I would love to see them lose their jobs, but since one married a billionaire heiress and the other will be guaranteed $500,000 a pop for speeches, I don't think this is really too unkind.

What is it with the overuse of the word "hate" by liberals. I think it was last night that Obama, before a wildly cheering crowd of 1,500 Obamaphiles, cracked about Republicians "stop just hating all the time," in that phony patter he uses when he wants to seem like just another guy on a bar stool.

Greg Gutfeld had a perfect reaction:

Quote:
“Seriously, was that lifted from Justin Bieber‘s blog? Is it the title of a new Katy Perry song? If so, give her credit before writing it on the inside of your locker with a magic marker.”

I appreciate your concern for my well being max, but I'm doing just fine and, I hope, will continue to do so for the the next two years.

As nice a guy as you are looking out for me and all, I hate to tell you this, but you're not the model of reasonable behavior for me, and I don't really care much at all about how you acted during the Bush Administration.

I assure you that I am not foaming nor afraid of water and I do a lot of thinking about our President and our Secretary of State. Considering the positions they hold and poorly they are performing in them, it's difficult not to think about them. It's funny, but the worse things get the more they perform poorly and the more I think about them, the less regard I have for either of them.

But again, thank for your concern.

Oh wait, I may hate Roman Polanski.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 04:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
Can't Jennifer Rubin stop just hating all the time?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 06:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
What is it with the overuse of the word "hate" by liberals.

" you either are with us, or you hate us" bout sums it up. There is zero tolerance for disagreement.
0 Replies