Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 01:12 am
@raprap,
What, Rep, do do mean today
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 06:02 am
@raprap,
Well, until the next time.
It sure spurred a lot of silly tv shows on such places as the "History Channel" or the "Science Channel"

The shows were a stupid as those ghost hunter shows where everthing is filmed through night vision glasses and everyone is hearing gosts but we never see them.

I need a good book
rosborne979

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 07:13 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
It sure spurred a lot of silly tv shows on such places as the "History Channel" or the "Science Channel"
How embarrassing for them. Another reminder of just what lengths TV shows/stations will go to attract "eyeballs" to their channel.

farmerman wrote:
The shows were a stupid as those ghost hunter shows where everthing is filmed through night vision glasses and everyone is hearing ghosts but we never see them.
It's amazing to watch the participants in those shows get so wrapped up into their own bullshit. They wander around in the dark, hyper sensitive to ANYTHING and gasp, "ooo, I felt a breeze", "did you hear that?", "did that door just move by a fraction of a micron?". And then they dissemble... "I don't think we have enough evidence to say conclusively that the barely audible noise that you think you might have heard was actually a ghost". Duh, they don't have ANY evidence of ANYTHING.

Gives me an idea for another show. They should pick 10 people at random who have purchased lottery tickets for huge drawings, and then follow them around for an hour before each drawing and whip up the excitement in anticipation of their big win... which will never happen. Then the commentator can say, "awww, so close, this guy almost matched one number on his ticket". "Tune in next week while we watch another ten people who are never going to win the lottery!"
Setanta

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 02:23 pm
@rosborne979,
Hehehehehehehe . . . damn, that's cold-blooded!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 05:32 pm
@rosborne979,
see, now thats a show. Unbridled anticipation followed by crushing disappointment.

I have to admit that I often watch a show called something like "Repo Quiz" , where , in each show, 3 losers whove gotten way behind on their car payments are given a chance to wipe their slates clean and have their cars payed off by just answering 3 out of 5 simple assed questions. Its really pathetic how these bozos suddenly realize that they should have payed attention in school rather than smokin dope. I DVR it .
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 05:51 pm
@raprap,
I watch those science channel and history II channel shows... I know most of it it bullshit but it sure beats Honey Boo Boo or A.I. Very Happy
0 Replies