WYETH PRINT what do you think

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 10:50 pm
This was shown as one of a few pieces of art on a NEW YEARS day antique auction in Pa.Ive seen it in another venue and I wondered whether anyone has the ability to see wheter the signature is "In the stone" or is original. If its in the stone, the prints worth maybe 20 bucks. If its an original lithos, it could be valuable.
Here, you look at it . Its not numbered but Wyeth was often known to omit the numbering thing . And he often just wrote on his litho stones.
Anybody have a book of Wyeth prints?

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/1625304/fi2.cgi
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,368 • Replies: 9
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 06:06 am
@farmerman,
anybody?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 06:13 am
@farmerman,
I don't got nothing to say other than I appreciate the chance to view the print.
farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 06:36 am
@edgarblythe,
other than the fact that theres a big DNA stain on the top right, it seems in pretty good shape.

Im beginning to lean toward this being a multilith and not an original run
ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 07:53 am
@farmerman,
I'm interested but have no idea.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 08:14 am
@ossobuco,
Looking at Andrew Wyeth's signature, yours does not match.
farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 09:15 am
@PUNKEY,
I think the sig is real . He signed so many different ways and the W and the slant are the only things common. Also the line through the T.

http://services.tomfolio.com/tfsigs/w/WyethAndrew.jpg

Thats an early sig from another print
farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 09:20 am
@farmerman,
Anyway, Ive no doubt that the print is by Wyeth, its a pretty well known one. Im just worried that its all "<ultilithed" (the kind that uses the dot patterns instead of a stone through a press. One would be considered a limited ed print and the other is just a poster.

I wish Lightwizard were still here
ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 09:24 am
@farmerman,
True, signatures change. I'm just another painter, but my sig has changed over 40 years time, including that it is often hard to find, since I want to see the painting, not the sig.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 09:25 am
@farmerman,
Me too.
0 Replies