Is it just me

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 12:40 pm
In a letter to his son, an erstwhile writer asks:

Honestly No. 2 I'm beginning to think I'm not entirely sane or even well-balanced. This one for instance I thought was hilarious, didn't get a rise out of anyone

News story, "Afghan attacks down overall, insider threat rises," Dec. 11

With all the grim news lately, thought you too might get a chuckle out of this:

If any written phrase can be misinterpreted, I will be its victim: (1) "Afghan attacks down overall...," meaning an Afghani who attacks someone wearing overalls finished in down, maybe forbidden by Islam as lubricious (pun intended). But then, ".... insider threat rises" ?

Clearly my instant interpretation: The shame of his reaction, Its depravity caused him an erection.
[/i]

Then just this morning I read, "Combat medics could save U.S. soldiers from bleeding to death.......by injecting special foam into their bodies.........capable of stopping bleeding for up to an hour when placed inside the abdominal cavities of pigs...." Need I even explain

You might have noticed lately in the typical flyer a single ad for two products at the same price. So just this morning in the Kmart flyer was an ad for BELLA CAKE POP AND DONUT HOLE MAKER which imparted a guffaw for two reasons--when the former must be a large bell-shaped party cake from which a pretty girl pops; and since a donut hole is empty the latter must be a machine that makes nothing

Wouldn't the former be much more expensive

When I approached Mom with these revelations and then our excellent housekeeper Chris, they were baffled

...also by contrast I often find beautiful many objects and happenings that others find commonplace or even sickening or appalling. Seriously, No. 2, you can tell me, I won't be offended at all. Is everyone else on the planet so grim, or am I losing it
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,206 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 02:13 pm
@dalehileman,
My No. 2 Son replies, wherein I respond:

On Dec 13, 2012, at 11:20 AM, No. 2 wrote:

Most people don't see the humor in the little things.

I've noticed that, it's positively appalling

And yes, most people on this planet are that grim.

I get that impression from those in the Internet forums. I had concluded however that they were the angry ones, drawn to it by the anonymity and the abundance of material at which to get mad

Just think, if you lived in the real world you would have to deal with lots of them everyday.

And I do, too. Remarkable how I survive in such good spirits. But that's because I'm a troll

Sent from my iPhone
Sent from the heights of my euphoria
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 11:11 am
BELLA CAKE POP AND DONUT HOLE MAKER

Only if you don't know what a cake pop and a donut hole is would this be perplexing. Smile
dalehileman

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 04:18 pm
@PUNKEY,
Punk no need to take it all so seriously, it'll curtail your longevity
0 Replies