Help writing a Conclusion...?

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 07:19 pm
I have a paper due on tuesday but it needs to be typed up tomorrow. It's about switching places with someone. I have everything but I don't know how to start or what to include in the conclusion. Any help please!

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,725 • Replies: 8
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 07:28 pm
@tripwire83,
As they say, "Tell them what you're going to say. Say it. Tell them what you said." Now, if you've developed a good thesis, you've probably presented an opposing viewpoint. You needn't dwell on those parts of What you Said that disagree with your point.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 11:16 am
@tripwire83,
As for the conclusion it should repeat what your first para said but in different words

Intro: The NY Times reported June 5 that for purposes of suicide Ollie Berman prefers alcohol over LSD, hoping to convince his fellow sufferers; but experts disagree, placing our brotherhood in turmoil

Conclusion: Finally we have seen by practical example and the testimony of many survivors that in spite of reports from the cerebral and recondite community, Ollie might be right after all; so Bottoms Up!

Incidentally and just out of curiosity Trip, what was that a link to

Up 'til just recently I've been amazed at the tolerance of a2k Admin for almost any sort of transgression whatever, but now the typical pastime of forum oversight by zealous administrative surveillance over even the most trivial issue is here too asserting itself
aspvenom

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 11:32 am
@dalehileman,
The link was to the OP's essay which was uploaded to some text upload website.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 12:30 pm
@aspvenom,
Quote:
uploaded to some text upload website
Asp forgive an old fella for whom there's not much further hope in grasping terminology but does that mean his link was to a cloud of some sort and if so why is that a bad thing to do
aspvenom

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 12:35 pm
@dalehileman,
Basically another website where you can post your writing/ essays for the public to see. I don't see why a student would do that, especially if the professor mandatorily makes student upload their writing to SafeAssign to check for plagiarism. As to why the link was judged by the moderator to be spam.... I don't know. You'll have to ask the moderator who deleted the link, which is "classified info."
roger

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 12:57 pm
@aspvenom,
I don't have any idea why the link was removed, either, but it wasn't necessairly spam. A link to one's own website or blog would only be allowed in profile. Also, I believe calls to action are also prohibited, like "sign this petition", though that one is largely ignored.
sozobe

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 04:53 pm
@roger,
I think it also has to do with how established a member is -- that is, someone who has been around for a long time is given more leniency re: links than a brand-new account.
roger

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 04:55 pm
@sozobe,
You're right. I started a blatant product endorsement thread, and I think it's still there.
0 Replies