Where is Calamity Jane?

boomerang

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 09:53 am
@Swimpy,
Hey Swimpy! Good to see you.

There haven't been many good topics lately so I get what you say about not having a lot to add to the discussions. I'm hoping that with the election over we can get back into some fun and interesting threads.
Swimpy

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 10:28 am
@edgarblythe,
Howdy, ed.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 10:31 am
@boomerang,
Hey to you, boomer.

It may be a chicken/egg situation. People post less because the topics are less interesting/the topics are less interesting because fewer people post.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 09:37 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I don't care if others like Facebook better.. They spend years here and just leave one day? Chickenshits. Just say so if you don't like it, with perhaps a good bye.

I don't see myself as a chickenshit. I just don't like drama - or the various controversies and squabbles that happen here all the time. How many "goodbye threads" have we seen over the years? They are always met with derision, yes?

ehBeth wrote:

what I see is people gradually spending more and more time there and less and less time here

littlek, dasha, reyn and shewolfnm are examples that spring to mind for that pattern

Yup, you've got that right. I've just poked my nose in for a brief time to check on why a friend of mine is so upset. I can see it now.

I'm not a debater. I hate debate, and never will feel comfortable doing so.

Here, I'm feeling more like a fish out of water. I find very little that interests me anymore. I'm no longer having any fun.

On Facebook, I have fun. I can interact on a different level with whom I like. It's perfect for me, because I can post photos easily, etc. I could go on, but I would probably bore some of you.

This is not a "goodbye speech", because I always like to leave doors open. But I can't see myself returning very often here, at the moment.

Who knows, maybe some more of you might come over to the dark side and join Facebook? Shocked Wink

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2012 11:46 am
Im totally guilty of the FB jump..

BUT, I choose to do that because when this divorce started almost a year ago, my statements were being plucked from here and taken to court. We had a smart judge who .. ... literally... called it like it was and him and his mother rightfully dismissed.
But I didnt want to say or post anything else that would bring attention so I stopped.

Still waiting for the last iron to fall, but suffice to say that after the judge read my posts in their entirety, he just like others, rolled his eyes at them.
wandeljw

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2012 11:53 am
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:

ossobuco wrote:
I don't care if others like Facebook better.. They spend years here and just leave one day? Chickenshits. Just say so if you don't like it, with perhaps a good bye.

I don't see myself as a chickenshit. I just don't like drama - or the various controversies and squabbles that happen here all the time. How many "goodbye threads" have we seen over the years? They are always met with derision, yes?

ehBeth wrote:

what I see is people gradually spending more and more time there and less and less time here

littlek, dasha, reyn and shewolfnm are examples that spring to mind for that pattern

Yup, you've got that right. I've just poked my nose in for a brief time to check on why a friend of mine is so upset. I can see it now.

I'm not a debater. I hate debate, and never will feel comfortable doing so.

Here, I'm feeling more like a fish out of water. I find very little that interests me anymore. I'm no longer having any fun.

On Facebook, I have fun. I can interact on a different level with whom I like. It's perfect for me, because I can post photos easily, etc. I could go on, but I would probably bore some of you.

This is not a "goodbye speech", because I always like to leave doors open. But I can't see myself returning very often here, at the moment.

Who knows, maybe some more of you might come over to the dark side and join Facebook? Shocked Wink

Debate on A2K can easily be avoided. My use of discussion threads is more as an exchange of information than debate.

I have never joined facebook because I would quickly run out of things to say about myself.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2012 12:09 pm
@Reyn,
I see your point.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2012 12:10 pm
@shewolfnm,
Oh, thank goodness.. re the judge.
Hoping for the best on the last bit.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2012 12:40 pm
I don't see a thing wrong about posting on multiple sites. I do it all the time.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2012 02:34 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
I have never joined facebook because I would quickly run out of things to say about myself.
i rarely say anything about myself on FB because
i'm too busy commenting on what other people say...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2012 02:44 pm
@shewolfnm,
I definately recall all that. I almost wept for joy at the end.
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2012 11:03 pm
@roger,
You and me both.

to say I even feel PHYSICALLY different right now is an understatement. Almost everything i own is gone due to selling just to keep up. I no longer have a car, furniture beyond one couch.. you name it, its gone.
All because the grandmother absolutely hates me and has serious parental delusions. It all worked out well because she was not smart enough to DO anything that would stick, just COST everyone money and ended up in a lesser situation than she was before. Ill never trust that conniving bitch any farther than I can throw her. Hearing her lie like that, watching what she did just revealed that she is just like her abusive ex, the one she claimed to have made her life horrible. Now she is lonely in her life, unhappy and losing herself in a need to control everything.
I hope the rest of her life is as miserable as possible.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2012 11:04 pm
eek..

i seriously derailed a very nice thread.

sorry yall!!!
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 08:34 am
@shewolfnm,
Don't be sorry, it's good to see you and also to hear this. (Not about your stuff, though)
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 07:59 pm
@ossobuco,
as soon as the transportation issue is settled , I will be making more trips back to NM.Now that I am FREE to do so.

i feel so wonderful these days.
It is like a 3 ton weight just fell off my back. My doc+ therapist still claim they see ptsd, but thank goodness its temporary...
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 08:12 pm
@shewolfnm,
Good to see you back, shewolf.
0 Replies