What's your favorite adult beverage these days? Have you invented a cocktail lately?

tsarstepan

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 03:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
I never had a martini. So? What are other people's thoughts on the drink?
izzythepush

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 04:16 pm
@tsarstepan,
I always find them a bit strong, add a mixer and they’re quite nice.

There are all sorts from ones with blue curacao to saffron and everything in between.
tsarstepan

Sat 6 Feb, 2021 12:19 am
@izzythepush,
tsarstepan wrote:

Poured me a very large glass of Salmon Run Coho Red. I like it. Quite drinkable. It's a sweet red from the Fingerlakes region of New York. It's one of the only Fingerlakes wines I can easily get here in NYC (so I've bought this bottle several times before). But I wasn't feeling it tonight.

Incidentally, I brewed two large servings of Whole Foods green tea (a nightly habit/treat I've been doing for not quite two weeks). That was cooled down - in my room - to below room temperature - it's a fluke with how my fan circulates the air in my bedroom.

Decided to experiment and mixed part of my tea with what remained of my glass of wine. It really works. I'm happy with this success of an experiment. Very tasty, very drinkable.

I have to figure out a cocktail name for this one.
farmerman

Sun 7 Feb, 2021 08:36 am
@tsarstepan,
Dewars in Chocolate Milk over rocks.

My wife calls it a DEWAHREA
Frank Apisa

Sun 7 Feb, 2021 08:51 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Dewars in Chocolate Milk over rocks.

My wife calls it a DEWAHREA

Many years ago, I "invented" a drink for an up-scale party (in The Hamptons) where I was going to be a bartender. Frank Sinatra was going to be the guest of honor. I was in charge of instruction at the Bartender School that was going to supply the 5 bartenders/waiters...and held a contest to invent a drink to honor Sinatra.

I warned all the students...don't worry too much about the ingredients...concentrate on the name. Fuzzy Navel, Sex on the Beach and **** like that are not popular because of taste...but because of the name.

I was the sole judge, and as luck would have it, I ended up winning.

My invention was just a Tom Collins with a shot of Blue Curacao in it. It was in a tall glass...filled with ice. Easy to name that one: Ole Blue Ice.

Region Philbis

Sun 7 Feb, 2021 09:44 am
@Frank Apisa,

nice...

did ol' blue eyes enjoy his beverage?
Frank Apisa

Sun 7 Feb, 2021 10:02 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

nice...

did ol' blue eyes enjoy his beverage?

I wrote an essay about that. It was published in two newspapers as OpEd.

I chickened out when I had the chance to offer it. I understand he did not like being called that...so I just let it lie. The op ed piece is too long to post here, but I'll send you a copy PM. Hope you enjoy it.
Region Philbis

Sun 7 Feb, 2021 10:24 am
@Frank Apisa,

terrific story, Frank.

that must have been quite a memorable party...
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 7 Feb, 2021 10:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
Id love to read ir also. So he didnt like the "ole Blue eyes" sobri" keh?
Frank Apisa

Sun 7 Feb, 2021 11:32 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Id love to read ir also. So he didnt like the "ole Blue eyes" sobri" keh?

On its way, FM.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 9 Feb, 2021 09:23 pm
@farmerman,
I had a friend who used to drink scotch in white milk, claimed it was easy on his stomach.
tsarstepan

Tue 9 Feb, 2021 09:27 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I had a friend who used to drink scotch in white milk, claimed it was easy on his stomach.

Good for dem bones.
glitterbag

Wed 10 Feb, 2021 12:00 am
@tsarstepan,
I didn't think of that, nice to know it has medicinal properties.
0 Replies

Lady Lingiton

Wed 10 Feb, 2021 05:54 am
Speaking of milking it, I just invented the strawberry alarm clock with real alarm only to google and find I was too late.

tsarstepan

Wed 10 Feb, 2021 09:12 pm
@Lady Lingiton,
Lady Lingiton wrote:

Speaking of milking it, I just invented the strawberry alarm clock with real alarm only to google and find I was too late.

What would that entail? Strawberry liqueur? Maybe Kahlúa or Mr. Black, a coffee liqueur? A shot of espresso (for the caffeinated alarm clock)? A shot of vodka?
tsarstepan

Sun 24 Oct, 2021 08:14 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan

Wed 27 Oct, 2021 12:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
0 Replies

Mame

Wed 27 Oct, 2021 06:06 pm
I made some kahlua, cranberry liqueur and limoncello last month. The limoncello is for Lemon Drop Martinis. The others are for Christmas gifts.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 16 Nov, 2021 08:59 pm
tsarstepan

Tue 11 Jan, 2022 10:25 pm
@tsarstepan,

0 Replies