What's your favorite adult beverage these days? Have you invented a cocktail lately?

glitterbag

Wed 31 May, 2017 04:12 pm
I like to make a bourbon slush in the summer. I make a large batch by using 3 parts pineapple, 2 parts ginger ale and one part bourbon. Mix and put in the freezer, check a few times to stir ingredients and avoid separation of liquids. Once it freezes, scoop out enough of the slush to fill half a glass then top off with sprite or 7-up to fill glass. Stir together and it's ready. This won't be like a frozen margarita, or other frozen drinks, its frosty not solid. It's refreshing in hot weather.

I use diet ginger ale and diet sprite to cut down on the calories.....it doesn't change the taste.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 31 May, 2017 04:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
There's lots of craft gins now though, all with a different twist. Hendricks G&T is supposed to be taken with a slice of cucumber instead of lemon.

On a drive back from Devon I came across a farm shop selling Dorset gin. Hotel Chocolat do a cocoa gin, and there lots and lots of other artisanal varieties, a lot of which seem to have shot up from nowhere..
tsarstepan

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 05:38 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

There's lots of craft gins now though, all with a different twist. Hendricks G&T is supposed to be taken with a slice of cucumber instead of lemon.

Though I'm cheap (budget necessities) and my taste sensibilities are particularly refined, I'm happy to see the gin Renaissance over here (booming craft gins wise) in as well. Looking forward to trying some higher end stuff.
George

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 06:36 am
Privateer Rum, distilled in Ipswich, MA.

I invent cocktails all the time. I pour cheap vodka into whatever is handy.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 10:31 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Though I'm cheap (budget necessities) and my taste sensibilities are particularly refined, I'm happy to see the gin Renaissance over here (booming craft gins wise) in as well. Looking forward to trying some higher end stuff.

That meant to read... my taste sensibilities are NOT particularly refined....
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 12:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hendricks should be available, and not too pricey. It's too big a company to be labelled artisan, but the product is made in small batches.
tsarstepan

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 12:47 pm
@izzythepush,
Since moving to my present apartment, for whatever reason, I hardly stock up on booze to drink alone at home. On occasion, I might buy a six pack of craft beer or one slightly larger craft beer bottle. The six pack would likely last me two months as I only drink sparingly on the weekends.

Can't remember the last time I bought a bottle of wine, let alone a bottle of hard liquor (other than as gifts for my manager). But than again, a bottle of gin really would last me a ton of months. I'll consider getting a bottle of Hendricks. I know where to buy it here.
izzythepush

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 02:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
I have a problem with alcohol, not drinking it, buying it. I like to have a really wide range and keep buying new stuff, having a taste, then putting it with the rest. I've got a ridiculous amount of booze, including gin, but I just couldn't help buying the Dorset gin and some Somerset apple schnapps when I stopped off that time last August.. I've had a drink from each, but that's about it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 04:10 pm
http://lonestarbeer.com/wp-content/themes/brand/view/lonestar/images/nav/logo.png
0 Replies

giujohn

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 05:11 pm
Vodka Martini...because everything else is just flavored vodka.

Shaken over cracked ice served straight up and drink while looking at a picture if Antonio Benedetto Carpano, the inventor of vermouth.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 06:14 pm
In the summer I like Hugo

Prosecco.
Splash of elderflower syrup to taste.
A few fresh peppermint or spearmint leaves rubbed to release their aromatic oil.
Top with a slice of lime.

Aperol Spritz is nice too
2 oz Prosecco, 1 1/4 oz Aperol, Splash of Soda water
0 Replies

jcboy

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 07:23 pm
Now mine is a Grey Goose Vodka with Cranberry Juice and a orange slice.
0 Replies

giujohn

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:04 am
I used to drink goose...till someone gave me a bottle of Tito's for my birthday.
George

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 04:50 pm
@giujohn,
Just bought a bottle myself. Good stuff.
tsarstepan

Tue 27 Jun, 2017 11:01 am
@George,
TomTomBinks

Tue 27 Jun, 2017 12:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
I have been putting a splash of Sambuca in my espresso for a few years now. Have recently tried Black Sambuca by itself. It's not as strongly anise flavored and with a few drops of ice water added, is more pleasing to drink than clear Sambuca.
tsarstepan

Thu 21 Sep, 2017 01:06 pm
@TomTomBinks,
tsarstepan

Wed 27 Sep, 2017 07:35 am
@tsarstepan,
https://i.imgur.com/5oRg0h5.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 27 Sep, 2017 11:21 am
I like grapefruit radler but not everyone has it available.

When I go to the nearest legion, they make me a faux version - 1/4 a stein of what's on draft (preferably Rickard's Red or something similar) + a can of Fresca. It's ummm a diet grapefruit shandy. sounds weird, tastes good. They only charge me for the Fresca Razz as the bar stewards get more stewed over the night, the proportion of draft gets higher Drunk
tsarstepan

Fri 23 Feb, 2018 01:24 pm
@ehBeth,
Gin & Tonic Marmalade Is Here to Save Your Breakfast
https://i.imgur.com/MC3m45W.png