BUSH'S RELIGIOUS INITIATIVES

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 06:36 am
georgeob1-
Quote:
There is a real question here because, in the view of many, the government is, in effect ,creating its own secular religion through its expanding indoctrination of the public in matters of behavior and political correctitude. That has far-reaching implications that no one here has addressed.

No, this issue has NOT been addressed, and would make for a fascinating discussion. Why don't you begin a thread on this topic?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 07:11 am
I could, but I view it as inseparable from the issue at hand. Why not address it here?

Is our government creating its own secular religion, replete with its sins of political incorrectitude and administered by a growing elite of secular priests who populate the councils of public policy and the various organized special interest groups which increasingly direct its course? Is the government, through this new establishment and acting through the courts, the legislatures and the bureaucracies of government, invading areas of personal behavior heretofore reserved to individuals and their religions?

Does the growing body of law and regulation promoted by this secular religious establishment, which, unlike other religions, acts through and with the government increasingly displace the tenants of the traditional religions whose freedom and action have been guaranteed by our constitution. Is this not - in effect - an "establishment of religion"?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 09:29 pm
I just posted this on another related thread, but will put it here as well...an excellent piece by Didion...
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/13857
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 09:26 pm
It took more than six years to highlight this truth.

"Is our government creating its own secular religion, replete with its sins of political incorrectitude and administered by a growing elite of secular priests who populate the councils of public policy and the various organized special interest groups which increasingly direct its course? Is the government, through this new establishment and acting through the courts, the legislatures and the bureaucracies of government, invading areas of personal behavior heretofore reserved to individuals and their religions?
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 11:00 pm
I believe all Spirits-Gods were started by the original " witch doctors" of yesteryear, they also needed others to provide for them whilst they "communicated with their Spirits or Gods, or whatever mythological beings they could conga up, hence you have your religions of today, they are no different, they only exist for their own benefit and what a easy way to to live, have all the luxuries of life and be responsible to no one but your own Spirits -Gods.
To me it would be a bloody boring way to live, you would have to be born dead lazy to do it, but it's a great business to be in that's for sure.
My only augment against any tax debit for religious donations is.. it's saving the tax payer some tax, but giving the tax savings to religions who are not taxed.
After all what is religion but a bloody big all profit industry.. having that sort of industry taking root in the government of the day, would be tangent to giving religion total power over all your taxes and freedoms... The URSA ( United Religions States of America ) .
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 11:12 pm
Anything organized is devoid of individuality.( I am a globalist)
Anything which is without individuality is organized slavery.( I live in Puma shoe and coca cola world)
0 Replies