Israel Under Attack: Does Anyone Care?

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 06:00 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I hope you are right. It's been going on for too long, and the UN and other international organizations seem unable to do anything to help the Palestinians.

The US government's advocacy for Israel cannot be continued; we have become the pariah of the world.

Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 06:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I hope you are right. It's been going on for too long, and the UN and other international organizations seem unable to do anything to help the Palestinians.

The EU is beginning a process of isolating Israel, and it is this what prompted the author to title his article "Israel Under Attack: Does anyone care." The EU is giving Israel one last chance to get it right with this current peace talk and if its fails due to Israeli stalling, trade with the Zionist country will begin to be restricted.

Quote:
The US government's advocacy for Israel cannot be continued; we have become the pariah of the world.

Israel is a liability for the US and has earned America many enemies because of the presumed closeness of the two government. Mind you, this lovey dovey crap does not filter down into the average American mind unless one is a fundamental religious nut who think only by Jews returning to Israel will the End Times Comes. These fruitcakes need to enter a mental institution and get their brains fixed. Or one of the political congressional persons bought and paid for lock stock and barrel by AIPAC and other NEOCONS groups.

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 07:43 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
From Huff Post.
Quote:
Obama's Israel Visit: U.S. President Voices Eternal Support For America's Top Mideast Ally
By JULIE PACE 03/20/13 07:46 PM ET EDT AP

Even Obama can't be trusted to do the right thing. I wrote off Obama a long time ago when he increased the troops in Afghanistan, continued with torture, and didn't come clean on Benghazi, and the snooping into American's private lives.

I'm now questioning whether Obama was a better choice over Romney.

Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 08:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Even Obama can't be trusted to do the right thing.

Oh I don't know about that with respect to Bibi Netanyahu.

"Last fall, Obama and French President Nicolas Sarkozy were recorded talking about Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, during which Sarkozy said the PM was a 'liar.' President Obama said I have to deal with him more than you do."

That private exchange between the two leaders alerted the world to what Obama feels for Netanyahu. To me, Obama's rhetoric when visiting Israel was just meaningless words.....sugar coated for the insecure Israeli public.

Quote:
I wrote off Obama a long time ago when he increased the troops in Afghanistan, continued with torture, and didn't come clean on Benghazi, and the snooping into American's private lives.

Hey, one does what one feels one has to do. I am a diehard Obama supporter and this is where you and I will part company. Obama is not perfect,and considering the overwhelming odds this black American has had to put up with coming from racist America and a rigidly prejudice congress, I would side with my president any day of the week.

Quote:
I'm now questioning whether Obama was a better choice over Romney.

Damn, if you're doubtful between Obama and Romney, you do have a problem.

Ciao
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 08:23 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
If this is "sugar coating" to you, then my English comprehension has been lost.
Quote:
U.S. President Voices Eternal Support For America's Top Mideast Ally

He's essentially telling the Palestinians, "tough ****!" We're going to support Israel - no matter what.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 08:29 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
Advocate, I, too, have not seen where I speak for the world's population,

You are spewing so many hateful lies in your attempt to derail the peace process that it is hard to keep up with all of them.

Note your double lie here: "The world is fed up with Israel's recalcitrance,"

Moment-in-Time wrote:
like any peace loving proponent, I'm deeply anxious and troubled regarding the dangerously precarious condition of the oppressed Palestinians……

No, your fear is that the peace process might succeed. That is why you are posting the most outrageous lies possible in order to try to derail the peace talks.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
In my best judgment, Advocate, you do not have a moral compass,

He's not the one posting outrageous anti-Semitism in an attempt to derail the peace process.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
You have a long way to go before you'll see an up-swell in sympathy for Israel's current plight.

Israel is not in any plight.

And if they were in a plight, they would just shoot their way out of it the same way as they always do.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 08:29 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
Oh, how you go on!
You ignore the ceaseless attacks by the Pals on Israel and its people.

She's doing more than just ignoring facts. It's like every sentence is going for the world record for how many outrageous lies can be packed into a single sentence.

It'll likely get worse. The more peace talks progress, the more the anti-Semites will be spewing their hate to try to derail the peace process.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 08:31 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
Israel has continued to ignore international rules of law but pretty soon that tiny country will be brought to heel. Israel simply cannot continue to flaunt the laws of the Geneva Convention and expected to be honored as a a law-abiding member of the UN organization.

Setting aside the fact that Israel is not violating any laws, no one is going to be "bringing them to heel".

If anyone even tries, the result will be a brutal war in which all the people attacking Israel will be slaughtered.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 08:35 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
The EU is beginning a process of isolating Israel,

They are merely putting pressure on Israel in support of the current peace talks, just as the Arab states are pressuring the Palestinians.

If you succeed in your efforts to derail the peace process, don't expect Europe to do much against Israel.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
and it is this what prompted the author to title his article "Israel Under Attack: Does anyone care."

No. He was referring to the Palestinians trying to massacre civilians.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
The EU is giving Israel one last chance to get it right with this current peace talk

The Europeans are not so deluded as to think that Israel is the reason the peace talks have always failed.

But you are right that this is one last chance. The Palestinians better hope you anti-Semites don't succeed in derailing the peace process with all your horrible lies.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
and if its fails due to Israeli stalling, trade with the Zionist country will begin to be restricted.

If these talks fail, it will be because of you or the Palestinians. It won't be because of Israel.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 08:38 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
You may be a die-hard Obama supporter, but I'm not one to ignore or approve this.
Quote:
Obama to approve indefinite detention and torture of Americans

0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2013 11:02 am
The following applies to Egypt. But it would probably be similar in Israel and Palestine were the Muslims to take control.

Number of Jewish-Egyptians in 1945 - 75,000. Number today - under 100.

Number of Greek-Egyptians in 1945 - 250,000. Number today - under 1,000.

Both of these communities had histories stretching back to long before Christianity, both were destroyed in the space of a decade or so because of Muslim nationalist and religious chauvinism.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2013 11:11 am
@Advocate,
Now, a persecution complex. I wonder how much longer Jews will use that excuse to exercise their bigotry against another people?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2013 11:30 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Number of Jewish-Egyptians in 1945 - 75,000. Number today - under 100.

Number of Greek-Egyptians in 1945 - 250,000. Number today - under 1,000.
Most Greeks returned to Greece after the Egyptian Revolution of 1952. Perhaps those with double-nationality as well.
But the Greek-Orthodox Church still has more than 200,000 members (headed by the Pope and Patriarch of Alexandria).

Edited: the real number [of Greek-Egyptianss] is much higher [than 1,000] since many Greeks have changed their nationality to Egyptian. (Source: wikipedia)

I suppose that many Egyptian Jews emigrated to Palestine respectively Israel.

Btw: the number of Romans Italians diminished as well as that of Britons, French ...
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2013 03:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Now, a persecution complex. I wonder how much longer Jews will use that excuse to exercise their bigotry against another people?

Some bigotry! The Israeli Pals have flourished, and their numbers have grown tremendously. Virtually none ever leave Israel.

You are so reckless with your anti-Israel/Jewish accusations. You should care at least a little about your credibility.
0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 05:40 am
@Moment-in-Time,
"if Palestinian Israelis have the same rights equal to those of other Israelis, do you think we will ever see an Israeli Prime Minister who is a Palestinian Israeli? Not that achieving this goal by the Palestinians will eliminate the hatred towards this group by Israel, but it would have reached something of a milestone."

So, if women have the same rights in the US as men, do you think we will ever see a president who is a woman?! Just like Israel (which you hate so much) had a female prime minister?

Not that achieving this goal by women in the US will eliminate the hatred towards this group by US males, but it would have reached something of a milestone.

FYI: Israeli Arabs make up about 1/5 of the population, and Israel exists for 65 years. What fraction of US population is female? For how many years does the US exist?

First thing in the morning - look in the mirror. Only then start fixing the rest of the World.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 11:14 am
@0bserver,
Your SOP is tiresome! It's about the apartheid of Israel. The US is not an apartheid state by state mandate. We have our share of bigots, but all Americans have legal rights to own property without it being taken over by any one group.

Your attempts at diversions make you look more the fool.

Advocate

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 11:17 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Your SOP is tiresome! It's about the apartheid of Israel. The US is not an apartheid state by state mandate. We have our share of bigots, but all Americans have legal rights to own property without it being taken over by any one group.

Your attempts at diversions make you look more the fool.

You are the freaking bore with your incessant talk of Israel's apartheid.

Arab citizens of Israel (not the Muslims living outside Israel) have the same rights and privileges as do other Israelis. That statement is unassailable.
-1 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 11:33 am
@Advocate,
You wrote,
Quote:
Arab citizens of Israel (not the Muslims living outside Israel) have the same rights and privileges as do other Israelis. That statement is unassailable.

Show some proof for your claim? Reliable-credible proof; not your own imagination.

From world report.
Quote:
“No-Go” Zone

Israeli forces continued to impose a “no-go” zone on lands within 500 meters inside Gaza from the armistice line with Israel by regularly firing on any Gazan in the vicinity; areas up to 1.5 kilometers from the Israeli perimeter fence were considered “high-risk” due to shootings by Israeli forces. As of November 4, 2012, Israeli forces had killed five Palestinian civilians and wounded dozens of civilians in these zones, which comprise 35 percent of Gaza's agricultural land, according to the UN.

Israeli forces also fired on and confiscated Palestinian fishing boats that sailed more than 3 nautical miles from the coast, prohibiting access to 85 percent of Gaza's maritime area under international law. The Palestinian Center for Human Rights documented 49 attacks against Palestinian fishermen as of June 30. On September 27, Israeli forces killed a fisherman and wounded his brother as they were pulling in their nets a few meters from shore, near Gaza’s northern boundary.
Advocate

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 03:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You wrote,
Quote:

Show some proof for your claim? Reliable-credible proof; not your own imagination.

From world report.
Quote:
“No-Go” Zone

Israeli forces continued to impose a “no-go” zone on lands within 500 meters inside Gaza from the armistice line with Israel by regularly firing on any Gazan in the vicinity; areas up to 1.5 kilometers from the Israeli perimeter fence were considered “high-risk” due to shootings by Israeli forces. As of November 4, 2012, Israeli forces had killed five Palestinian civilians and wounded dozens of civilians in these zones, which comprise 35 percent of Gaza's agricultural land, according to the UN.

Israeli forces also fired on and confiscated Palestinian fishing boats that sailed more than 3 nautical miles from the coast, prohibiting access to 85 percent of Gaza's maritime area under international law. The Palestinian Center for Human Rights documented 49 attacks against Palestinian fishermen as of June 30. On September 27, Israeli forces killed a fisherman and wounded his brother as they were pulling in their nets a few meters from shore, near Gaza’s northern boundary.

The material you quote is a non sequitur to my statement. It refers to Pals other than Pal Israelis. In fact, they are the same Pals who fired over 8,000 rockets and missiles into Israel. I hope they all die.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 04:26 pm
@Advocate,
From Wiki.
Quote:
Arab citizens of Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_citizens_of_Israel
Terminology · History · Sectarian and ... · Population · Politics
Arab citizens of Israel are non-Jewish Israeli citizens whose cultural and linguistic heritage or ethnic identity is Palestinian

Advocate, How do you expect to have an intelligent discussion of Israel if you don't even understand who the Arabs in Israel are? Their heritage or ethnic identity is Palestinian. They are not Jews.