Caught in another lie!

pistoff

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 06:38 pm
Caught in another lie!

Yet another lie, this one from the departed Ari "The Mouth" Fleischer:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/07/20030712-11.html

July 12, 2003 - MR. FLEISCHER: Let me explain to you the President's thinking on this. A greater, more important truth is being lost in the flap over whether or not Iraq was seeking uranium from Africa. The greater truth is that nobody, but nobody, denies that Saddam Hussein was seeking nuclear weapons. He was pursuing numerous ways to obtain nuclear weapons. The United States never said that he had nuclear weapons. We have said that he was pursuing them. It should surprise nobody that Saddam Hussein was seeking to acquire the means to produce from a variety of sources and a variety of ways.

LIAR! LIAR!

http://www.yellowtimes.org/print.php?sid=1177

March 16, 2003 - Cheney: "I disagree, yes. And you'll find the CIA, for example, and other key parts of our intelligence community disagree. Let's talk about the nuclear proposition for a minute. … We know that based on intelligence, that has been very, very good at hiding these kinds of efforts. He's had years to get good at it and we know he has been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons. And we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons. I think Mr. ElBaradei, frankly, is wrong."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 477 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Heywood

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 08:13 pm
Just to add a little more validity to the claim, I pulled a "LexisNexis" search on it and came up with a little more backup on the "Nuclear weapons" claim:

The Christian Science Monitor, March 21, 2003
March 21, 2003, Friday

"Still, on television Sunday, Vice President Dick Cheney insisted, "We believe [Saddam Hussein] has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons." President Bush, on television Monday evening, was more cautious. He spoke of the danger of chemical and biological, "or, one day, nuclear weapons."

The Baltimore Sun March 19, 2003 Wednesday
March 19, 2003 Wednesday FINAL Edition

"The director of the International Atomic Energy Agency, Mohamed ElBaradei, says there isn't even a "plausible indication" that Iraq has resumed developing nuclear weapons. Vice President Dick Cheney, on NBC's Meet the Press on Sunday, said Hussein "has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons."

The Washington Post March 18, 2003 Tuesday
March 18, 2003 Tuesday

On the same day, Vice President Cheney asserted just the opposite: "We know he's been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons, and we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons." These things can never be determined with precision, but if Cheney is simply mouthing off, he and Bush must someday be held to account."

There's more, but I think the point has been sufficiently made. Very Happy
0 Replies