believe in god!

AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 11:59 am
@timur,
Then you admit that the bad does not happen in that same amount of time.
The person who knows he is right does not even entertain When will it happen.
You show your hand and lack of confidence
AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 12:00 pm
@eisen3,
A law that is not absolute but is still a law would be subject to another law then. But that doesn't change anything. It is still lawlike. The tax code has many stipulations of law but you do have to pay $X dollars when the lawlikeness reaches its exhaustion.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 12:06 pm
@AugustineBrother,
Why are you always assuming and projecting your own insecurities?

You don't even know what confidence is, let alone being honest.
AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 12:18 pm
@timur,
I could embarrass you by making you give your little speech to the world on what confidence and honesty is. But I won't, some here know already, can you believe that? and you didn't get to lecture. Wow.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 01:25 pm
philistine brother wrote:
I could embarrass you by making you give your little speech to the world on what confidence and honesty is.

Why not give it a try?
AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 01:58 pm
@timur,
What a pompous windbag...still there is the humor value
0 Replies

trichakra

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 05:33 am
@tsarstepan,
But why? Any reason?
0 Replies

trichakra

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 05:34 am
@djjd62,
We all care. Except you.
0 Replies

trichakra

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 01:32 am
@tsarstepan,
but why not?
0 Replies

m3tacom

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 08:04 am
@tsarstepan,
There is no God. There is no proof of him. I believe in science and math. For example, gravity. You can see gravity in effect when you drop something, and it can be expressed by this mathematical equation F=G(m1 • m2/r²). Give me mathematical proof of God and show me proof of him in effect, and I'll believe.
coluber2001

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 09:10 am
The real question is, what has belief got to do with it? God is an experience
and outside the field of time and thought. Arguing belief and non-belief is sort of a way of avoiding the issue. It kind of puts theists and atheists in the same boat. True religion seems to be only expressible through poetry and music. Maybe, there are other ways. Tell me. Zen koans?

Or as 14th century mystic, Meister Eckhart said, "We are all meant to be mothers of God...for God is always needing to be born."

He was due to be tried for heresy for that, but died first.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 10:50 am
@m3tacom,
It's impossible to show proof of any god. Religion is based on faith only. That's the reason there are so many religions in this world. Man has to believe there is a creator or some omnipotent something that created all "this." Some of us believe the cause is nature (natural outcome of our environment), and trust science over any book written 2,000 years ago that has many errors, omissions and contradictions. Homo sapiens evolved from primates, and this planet is not 7,000 years old as the bible claims. Scientists tell us this planet is 4.6 billion years old. Some believe in both, but I view that as a contradiction.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/terms/timeline_of_human_evolution.htm
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2017 11:01 am
I always confused the words belief and faith, and always thought they interchangeable, but this quote cleared things up for me:

"If we cling to belief in God, we cannot likewise have faith, since faith is not clinging but letting go."
Alan W. Watts, "The Wisdom of Insecurity: A Message for an Age of Anxiety"
0 Replies