believe in god!

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 11:38 am
@roammer,
A wonderfully incoherent reply. Here, let's try that again: why do you assume anyone created the world?
Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 11:39 am
@roammer,
No, neither Plato nor Homer spoke English. In fact, English did not exist then, and wouldn't for almost 2000 more years.
roammer

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 11:46 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Just sayin....

i say, so...? Very Happy
0 Replies

roammer

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 11:52 am
@Setanta,
Quote:

A wonderfully incoherent reply. Here, let's try that again: why do you assume anyone created the world?

No, neither Plato nor Homer spoke English. In fact, English did not exist then, and wouldn't for almost 2000 more years.

do know "Law of Causality"? do u believe it?
and about the words , the words tel us some meaning or reality that exist out of us and we wanna make them aspect or appearance them for talking.
djjd62

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 11:54 am
@roammer,
how about the law of casualty, dead is dead

i know that one
djjd62

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 11:57 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
A wonderfully incoherent reply.

this reply from mark nobles solace in god thread may offer an explanation

roammer wrote:
My drunkennes of today is not like yesterday's drunkenness; do you not believe me?! take a glass and drink! -drunkennes is about god and loving god-
Drunk Drunk Drunk
roammer

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 12:00 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
how about the law of casualty, dead is dead

i know that one

incoherent reply, because u have not any reply Very Happy this is
"Argumentum ad hominem" fallacy!
roammer

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 12:02 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
this reply from mark nobles solace in god thread may offer an explanation

maybe u right.
depend on your morality.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 12:23 pm
@roammer,
The point about the etymology of words is that they signify historically shifting concepts or nodes of communicative agreement regarding human functioning. For example the meaning "thing" can be (roughly) traced from its connection with" a public assembly" (old Norse), through "focal matter" to "existent item". But this implies an argument that "existence" itself presupposes "human interest", hence "the existence of God" may be merely a concern of human psychology rather than anything to do with an independent entity. Similar etymological arguments concern the verb "make" (facere in Latin) which is the origin of the word "fact", implying that "facts" are cognitive constructions.
From this you should be able to see why questions about "belief in God" are considered to be either philosophically trivial, or outside the remit of ordinary discourse because the word "God" implies no agreed communicative function for humans.
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 12:44 pm
@roammer,
Don't you get it? He's a joker. And I like his jokes! Mr. Green Wink Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 12:46 pm
@djjd62,
Yeah, i saw that post. The whole thing is a tour de force in incoherence. Apart from the obvious--that this boy is not a native speaker of English--what passes for logic at his house is pretty dicey.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 12:47 pm
@roammer,
Come back to talk to us when you've learned to speak English.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 01:04 pm
@roammer,
roammer wrote:

hi every body!
this is my first question, and actually my first post, and i wanna ask to know who believe in god and why? is there any god? if yes please prove it.
thank u all.

Please define what you mean by "god" before we can begin.
diya dua

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 01:55 am
@roammer,
Hey God is every where in the world if God does't exist there is nothing even a single grain of sand is proof of his presence.The every element,every place gives you the proof of his presence.............
fresco

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 02:28 am
@diya dua,
That pantheistic catch-all clause is great!
...so when one part of "God", ME, murders another part of "God" YOU, its just like cancer in a giant body ? Shocked
....or when one part of "God" THE JEWEL WASP stuns another part of "God" THE COCKROACH, and lays its eggs inside its live body, this is "God" demonstrating the compassionate principle of "do unto others" ? Shocked Shocked
roammer

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 05:56 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Come back to talk to us when you've learned to speak English.

Thank u for this welcome and your offer...
0 Replies

roammer

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 06:33 am
@fresco,
Quote:
The point about the etymology of words is that they signify historically shifting concepts or nodes of communicative agreement regarding human functioning. For example the meaning "thing" can be (roughly) traced from its connection with" a public assembly" (old Norse), through "focal matter" to "existent item". But this implies an argument that "existence" itself presupposes "human interest", hence "the existence of God" may be merely a concern of human psychology rather than anything to do with an independent entity. Similar etymological arguments concern the verb "make" (facere in Latin) which is the origin of the word "fact", implying that "facts" are cognitive constructions.
From this you should be able to see why questions about "belief in God" are considered to be either philosophically trivial, or outside the remit of ordinary discourse because the word "God" implies no agreed communicative function for humans.

Thank you for this post; was better that i tell u guys i'm not american or native or something like that but anyway i don't think so this is a good reason why my opinion is incorrect, anyway...
actually my question for this post it is what is your sect? i wanna know with respect that your post was your personality view or it's just from Dialectical materialism, really i need to know this for continue this discussion, because u said that "the god" is just the word that never be exist! Civilization of the world Development by this word and based on this reality that human knows, Idealism have no reason for morality or purpose for living, please by reason tell me if there is no god why we have a structure or frame for our life?
thank you very much.
roammer

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 06:40 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Quote:
roammer wrote:

hi every body!
this is my first question, and actually my first post, and i wanna ask to know who believe in god and why? is there any god? if yes please prove it.
thank u all.

Please define what you mean by "god" before we can begin.

reality of things which has much epithets and
qualifications.for example world order or cosmic order has just one roller.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 06:51 am
@roammer,
roammer wrote:
please by reason tell me if there is no god why we have a structure or frame for our life?

but why does there have to be a god for this, why can't it just be

believe in science if you want to know the nuts and bolts of life, believe in god if you need comfort that your life has meaning, it is what it is, your life, live it how you will, why care what anyone believes, thinks or cares about
roammer

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 06:53 am
@fresco,
Quote:
That pantheistic catch-all clause is great!
...so when one part of "God", ME, murders another part of "God" YOU, its just like cancer in a giant body ?
....or when one part of "God" THE JEWEL WASP stuns another part of "God" THE COCKROACH, and lays its eggs inside its live body, this is "God" demonstrating the compassionate principle of "do unto others" ?

Excuse me sir, what is your meaning by god? i'm sure there is much difference between my definition and yours.
Thank u ...