cccc
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,000 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 09:03 am
It's a relief to me that this is one problem I don't have to contend with at work, but can't really comment on the situation. Could be she's young, eager, and dedicated. Could be she's trying to improve her position at the expense of yours.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 09:27 am
That sucks. I hate to say this, but I think it might be your problem, and you are just going to have to deal with it. Are you afraid of being fired? Are you worried that this person is going to get promoted above you? If not, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. As long as she doesn't start ordering you around, I think you will just have to let it go. Or you could arrange for her to have a minor stapler "accident".
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 09:30 am
Quote:
Or you could arrange for her to have a minor stapler "accident".

And I thought kickycan was incapable of coming up with good ideas.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 10:13 am
First of all, yes you do have to compete with her. Fact of life.

The boss and you have probably been taking each other for granted after a long association. Now you'll have to get some "air time" every once in a while to keep him aware of what you're doing.

Second, you've got to come to an agreement among you as to who does what. Not only is the current situation stressful, it is also wildly inefficient.

When you speak with the boss on these matters, emphasize the need to keep him up-to-date as well as your concern for efficiency and avoiding duplication of effort. And by the way, those are not bad things to be concerned about.
0 Replies

heytherek

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 02:40 pm
Hi there
Thanks for the replies, yes something needs to be done, she quite regularly talks to me rudeley or I get no response at all, other times she is nice as pie and i let my defences down. Quite often she talks to me like i am really inexperienced, like she will tell me how to do my job, on most of those occasions she gets a snappy reply and stops. But i think it would be a very very good idea to sit down and say who is going to do what, we have been working together about a year now (same as with boss) and there has always been a problem, but its getting decidedly worse. My last workmate was easy going and never had any probs and we enjoyed working together. Karen
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 06:01 pm
She sounds like a rude brat. I hope that helps.
0 Replies