Bush is using the 9/11 tragedy to get him self re-elected

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 12:10 am
This is no surprise, I knew that he would stoop this low. He is using images of 9/11 in his campaign commercials. Using a tragedy to get votes. This really shows what kind of man he is...

My fear is that this is such an emotional issue for Americans that seing images like this in his campaign just may sway some voters who still think Bush is a god like figure when it comes to anti-terrorism.

Have you seen these commercials and what do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 769 • Replies: 8
No top replies

caprice

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 12:12 am
I haven't seen the entire commercial, but I did see part of a news story on it. Apparently there were some 9-11 survivors that felt it was repugnant. I agree.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 12:16 am
Here is a link to one of the stories I found on Google. There is an accompanying link to the video, although the audio is not from the commercial but the newscaster.

Bush Commercial
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 12:19 am
I saw one fire chief denounce the use of images from 9/11, and to pull all such images immediately.

Of course, the Bush team says it's tasteful and appropriate, which is of course, pure obscenity billowing out of the White House. Since when do you dance on people's graves and call it honorable? Since when do you use a graveyard to promote your abilities? It's gruesome to me to see them using those images while saying everything is so much better now. It's a direct conflict between the message and the image. A message of hope overlaying a scene of destruction? It's vile and insidiously revealing about the true nature of this beast we have in the Oval Office. Hitler must be mighty proud, looking up from the bowels of his torment.

Bush will exploit murder victims to promote his agenda. If that doesn't leave a nasty taste in your throat, I don't know what would.

Add to the fact that national security has hardly improved while the executive branch developed much more power over all of us. Nothing has changed. The drugs are still coming in alongside illegal immigrants. The airplanes are still not safe, the protocol to keep airplanes safe has hardly been advanced in any kind of significant way. Visas and business ventures and even the damn bilges and barges bringing in products from around the world are still relatively untouched to promote more national security. They can't even stop the flow of terrorism in Iraq, never mind the entire US. Bush's claim against that scene of carnage is a downright lie, never mind in conflict with the image. Bush is advertising fear. That is what he is doing. And that is Orwell and Hitler combined.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 12:25 am
This one has 4 commercials (one in Spanish) of his campaign commercials.

Bush Campaign Commercials
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 12:34 am
I agree with ya Umbagog...except for the Hitler part. But everything else echoes my thoughts on the matter.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 02:39 am
Surely to compare political obscenities, who use the bodies of victims of their failures to get re-elected, with Hitler and the Third Reich is grossly insulting ...... to Adolph Hitler? Twisted Evil

Is there nothing sacred to these dregs of the earth?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:24 am
Nothing
Nothing is sacred to Bushco except money and power.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 11:21 am
And possibly worse still, the dirt which will come to light, should the Democrats return to power. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies