Homer Simpson's head injuries

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 04:07 pm
Okay, I have no clue, but in ALL the Simpsons episodes, does anyone have any idea how many head injuries Homer has endured? Inquiring minds want to know.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,559 • Replies: 28
No top replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 05:35 pm
Have you noticed how many times Kevin Costner hit his head in movies or how many times Sean Connery has been garrotted?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 06:20 pm
lets stay on point. Homer has been hit, pummeled, dropped on his head, (the episode where he jumps the gorge on a skateboard is a classic count of major head trauma). i think that Homer will just go on until he reaches the age of his father(whats is name) , who is , as we know, beginning to show some signs of dementia
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 08:24 pm
Not to mention the radiation poisioning and his mushy stomach, the result of being used as a human sheild against cannon balls.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 09:11 pm
Homer is a mans man
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:06 pm
That he is farmer.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:27 pm
They actually addeded a bunch together in the episode where Bart blows him up with a shaken-up can of beer. My favourite is the one where they have rescued him from the bottom of the Gorge after bashing him against every rock and projection on the way up. He gets loaded into the ambulance, the ambulance then hits a tree- out comes Homer on his way down to the bottom of the Gorge again! Funny! Because it's not happening to me, that's why.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 03:51 am
thats the episode where he tried to jump the gorge on a skateboard.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:31 am
I'm wondering if it might be every episode....I don't think so, but it is possible.
0 Replies

K e v i n

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:02 pm
I know he hurt his back in that one when bart signs up for the big brother program
0 Replies

Jacci

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 05:16 pm
farmerman wrote:
lets stay on point. Homer has been hit, pummeled, dropped on his head, (the episode where he jumps the gorge on a skateboard is a classic count of major head trauma). i think that Homer will just go on until he reaches the age of his father(whats is name) , who is , as we know, beginning to show some signs of dementia

Abe.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 05:18 pm
OK FM does the Simpsons. I just attended a lecture at SMU re the Simpsons. They are going to have a class about culture and the Simpsons. It should be a hoot.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 05:33 pm
It should! There are so many classic cultural allusions in the Simpsons - plus the culture it satirizes - plus its own, internal culture!!!!!

Can you sort of summarise stuff for us??? Any links to learned papers? I love this sort of stuff!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 05:40 pm
OK will try to find something for you. I found out about the lecture from and interview on NPR so maybe I can find the link.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 05:54 pm
THIS IS COLLEGE

THE SIMPSONS 101
0 Replies

emclean

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 08:58 am
it dos not worry anyone that the simpsons are a college corse? why cant entertainment just be entertainment?
0 Replies

Bill de Berg

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 03:27 am
I regret the day when Homer stopped being a bufoon, though occasionally had excellent philosophical ideas. Now he's just dumbed down? Why? Were his insights too much for the general viewer? Were they considered provocative?

Whilst being a good,semi-entertaining, example of brain mush, The Simpsons now has little to offer other than a world wide perception of American morals, and hence their life style.

Do you Yanks not worry that this is how we see you? What, between news reports and visiting (no more due to immigration policies), I feel it it does slightly misrepresent the average american.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 03:56 am
I can certainly recall an episode in which Homer tries to do some home improvements and ends up with a whole shelf of heavy objects (bowling ball, anvil, etc.) falling on his head.

KP
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 04:16 am
Bill de Berg wrote:
I regret the day when Homer stopped being a bufoon, though occasionally had excellent philosophical ideas. Now he's just dumbed down? Why? Were his insights too much for the general viewer? Were they considered provocative?

Whilst being a good,semi-entertaining, example of brain mush, The Simpsons now has little to offer other than a world wide perception of American morals, and hence their life style.

Do you Yanks not worry that this is how we see you? What, between news reports and visiting (no more due to immigration policies), I feel it it does slightly misrepresent the average american.

I'm Canadian, and I've been to upstate New York. The characterization of 'average' Americans on the Simpsons isn't too far off. Laughing
0 Replies

emclean

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:33 am
I have lived here in America for almost 30 years, and I have yet to meat an 'average' American, do you know where any are?
0 Replies